This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtickle
    is it true when you get it you have to wait for a world pass??

so when i get it i wont be able to play it stright away? ft:
    No, you can play straight away (after the 2 hour install/patch download procedure of course).

However, you will be assigned to a random server when you start so if you want to play on a specific server you either have to keep creating and deleting your character until you get on the one you want, or get another player already on that server to provide you with a world pass (not cheap).

Comment

Just a quick reminder... anyone on the Seraph Server who is in the Windurst Area, please do let me know.. I have a Linkpearl here with your name on it!

Comment

Two things (not meetup or linkpearl related)

1. I met the first proper Roleplayer last week, a Galka called Tinybrain. When using speak he always speaks in charcater, very refreshing. He's the only one I've seen sofar and I really enjoy playing along with him.

2. Powerlevelling. It seems to be what most people do, battle, battle battle just to get to higher levels. Personally i'm diversifying my character more, spending time crafting and completing quests for the townfolk. Last saturday my Sword skill maxed out (at 36, which seems the limit for a lvl 12 RDM). So I bought myself a dagger and I'm now levellig that skill up. I'm also using my Bow as much as I can to improve my archery. Because of the dagger thing I end up fighting a lot of things that don't give me exp. I feel that with a game like this it's more important to try and experience it rather than try to 'beat' it.

Comment

ft: ft: ft: ft: ft:

I am one unhappy Chief.

Right, broadband installed today, finished work for the end of term, package arrives from Tronix. I think "This is meant to be!".....until I find out that I have two disc 1's and two disc 2's.

(I wanted to put a suitable scream here but in my rage I can't think of a suitable description for such a noise)

Talk about anticlimaxes....

Comment

Oh no! Hope you can get that fixed

Comment

Hmmmm, things aren't going to well lately for my crappy little Thief.

Every night I've played this week I've had less EXP points towards level 15 than when I started. Seriously depressing.

Word to anyone about to start - DO NOT CHOOSE THE THIEF JOB.

It is officially the 'Crappest Job in Final Fantasy XI'.

I'd change but it's taken me 4 weeks to get this far and I really can't be bothered going through all that levelling up again. Hopefully a turning point will be reached but so far I am seeing the game being relegated to 'fed up of' pile pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by C'

Every night I've played this week I've had less EXP points towards level 15 than when I started. Seriously depressing.

I'd change but it's taken me 4 weeks to get this far and I really can't be bothered going through all that levelling up again. Hopefully a turning point will be reached but so far I am seeing the game being relegated to 'fed up of' pile pretty soon.
                hang in there mate. i also have a thief and it is still on lvl 10. it does takes ages to lvl up a thief before lvl 15. at lvl 15 we will have access to "sneak attack" and "treasure hunter". the sneak attack is a very poweful attack that will leave some of your party members happy to have you in the team. and treasure hunter will also give you more loot. with these two, you will have an easy ride in lvling up your thief. i for one is holding on to this char.....

thief is a good char and i will use it as sub for my samurai or ranger

Comment

Originally posted by C'

I remember times as a Red Mage when it was a real struggle to level up and keep that level, but even though I still die sometimes it never seems as often.

Just remember when you reach lvl 18 you can try and get your support job, maybe you can boost your character with wht mage magic or maybe boost attacking power with a warrior as support.

Also I think it is recommended that you party most the time after you get to about lvl 10+ this way you are less likely to die and can in a good group get more exp.

Comment

I kept telling myself that Thief was a good character over and over again. The joys of self-delusion

Maybe things will be go better tommorrow. Just there is nowhere to level up at the moment. La Theine seems to my best bet but even 'Decent Challenge' fiends seem to be kicking my ass with alarming regularity whereas Easy Prey that give me 15EXP seem to worthless to bother with.

Even joing a party is difficult as the Thief job (as it stands for me now) offers nothing to a group dynamic. Lacks the pure fighting strength of Warrior and Monk and the spellcasting of the 3 mages. There best ability seems to be acquire Gil/Items and evasion, all of which are solo benefits.

Comment

^ Well C that Neckchopper did get us pretty good

If you ever what to team again just say, i'm usually on most days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
                        ^ Well C that Neckchopper did get us pretty good

If you ever what to team again just say, i'm usually on most days.
                        Yeah showed us a thing or 2 didn't he We really needed a White Mage as back and I reckon we'd have been fine.

But yeah, I'll go back on tommorrow after work so if you're around La Theine give us a shout. I ditched the game pretty quickly after the Neckchopper incident as that death was the final straw in what had been a particularly crappy expedition into Vana Diel. Tommorrow WILL be better.

Did you find King Ranperre's grave in the end?

Comment

Found the grave after all that sodding time spent dying the company of pissing goblins and grave bats inthe second cave AARGGGHHH!

I did the cut scene and waited for a bat to respawn(spent 5 mins bowing,waving and dancing with a japanese player), killed it, got a batwing item and took it to the guard and he said it didn't want it now i have no clue what proof i need, maybe a bat fang???

i'm gonna head back for abit at least to 2am as i got all day tomorrow off .

Comment

C' maybe you should try focusing on something other than power leveling for a while..

Marvelon mentioned earlier that he is trying out different things and enjoying sythesising and completing quests etc...
                            Levelling up isn't all there is to do...

Recently I have been killing things not for EXP but for money! I know now which things will get me the most money in town (either throuh a quest or at the Auction House) and so I just go after those things no matter how much EXP they are going to give me... a few days ago I levelled up without even realising that I was close!!
                            Lot's of 15 EXP things soon add up and I was loaded to boot! That's how I managed to buy the Linkshell..

I understand how frustrating it can be though.. as a WHM I really need a Party to be able to get any decent exp because on my own I'm pretty useless!

Comment

Originally posted by Sdub
                              C' maybe you should try focusing on something other than power leveling for a while..

Marvelon mentioned earlier that he is trying out different things and enjoying sythesising and completing quests etc...
                              Levelling up isn't all there is to do...

Recently I have been killing things not for EXP but for money! I know now which things will get me the most money in town (either throuh a quest or at the Auction House) and so I just go after those things no matter how much EXP they are going to give me... a few days ago I levelled up without even realising that I was close!!
                              Lot's of 15 EXP things soon add up and I was loaded to boot! That's how I managed to buy the Linkshell..

I understand how frustrating it can be though.. as a WHM I really need a Party to be able to get any decent exp because on my own I'm pretty useless!
                              I'm not actually power levelling though. I've got plenty of quests on the go which I am trying to complete, the battles are just a side aspect of me trying to complete these quests (although many of my quests now require me to go areas that I am too weak for so to concentrate on completing quests, levelling up is required). Power levelling bores me. I need to have a focus on something to do, simply fighting for fightings sake is dull and repetitive, especially for a Thief with little combat expertise.

I've tried fishing (again to complete another quest) but in over 100 different attempts in various places, not a single bite. Similar with synthesis. I don't have the required items for the things I know how to make and the only way to get them is through combat or buying at auction (which again requires combat to get the money).

I am trying to gel with the game once again (when I first started nothing could tear me away) but I know I'm at a convergence point at sorts. If I get past this difficult period I think things will start moving again. I just need the strength of character in myself to overcome this hard period.

Comment

I've changed my character (I was a red mage up to lv 12) but decided it wasn't for me so switched jobs to Warrior (safe bet). I'm up to lv 8 in 2 days. With the previously acquired skill in sword use/bow and shield it's much easier going through the levels. I believe that the jobs that are tougher in the beginning definately should pay off at higher levels, if only as a subjob.

Comment

Working...
                                X