Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I saw this earlier and couldn’t help but think the entire thing is just some manufactured performance but I felt the exact same as you. It’s not that people can’t enjoy the trivial or flippant when things are bad (if anything we need that sometimes) but when people are really having it tough, kids living in poverty right on all our doorsteps, part of our communities and often as a direct result of the systems that prop up and protect the wealthy, this entire banana art thing is like some vile joke aimed at people less off or indeed artists who spend 20 years honing their craft who can’t scrape a living making the most amazing things.

Comment

Is there anything as stressful as trying to help your parents log in to an account on their phone or computer? I even created a password list for them and still had to try and guide them through it via a video call.

Feel like I've aged 10 years in 1 hour

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        Is there anything as stressful as trying to help your parents log in to an account on their phone or computer? I even created a password list for them and still had to try and guide them through it via a video call.

Different generation. Mine are the same - My dad can strip down a car engine, but has problems trying to attach a document or reset a password.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Sounds like that's the opposite of what he's doing. Antivaxxers are the sort to believe that chiropractors are doctors.
          Oops. There was me thinking the opposite. Schooled.

Comment

Th banana art thing raises the thought with me again that most the art world is simply a money laundering scheme, or someone somewhere is using it as a test on the stupid. The whole art is subjective argument feels like it's been warped at this point to simply allow people with little to no real skill to move vasts sums of money around.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              Different generation. Mine are the same - My dad can strip down a car engine, but has problems trying to attach a document or reset a password.
              Yep, any problems we have with out phones she sorts for us, she is an Apple user but still knows how to sort out Android, been a great help with problems with my work iPhone and can text at a million words a second.

Not two hours ago however I'm sitting with her helping her fill out her employee docs for a paper round and has a complete brain meltdown with the fact it must be written in block caps.

"Can you do it for me dad" - er...no.

That's another thing that's changed, in the old days it was just turn up at the newsagent and ask for a job then get on with it, now I have to go through a SSOW with her, fill in an application for a work permit from the local council, explain to her about carrying out a risk assessment and fill in a form for her wage to be paid to her account.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

My dad bought a new car with no CD player, only USB. He wanted to learn how to rip CDs. I explained him and he took notes and ripped a CD by himself with me watching. Some time later, he said he forgot and I shown him again. He took notes and ripped a CD by himself. And then he forgot a third time. But before going over the same thing again, I made a PDF with large screenshots and red highlights on where to click.
                Lo and behold as he clicks on the highlighted screenshots and laments as nothing's working.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  My dad bought a new car with no CD player, only USB. He wanted to learn how to rip CDs. I explained him and he took notes and ripped a CD by himself with me watching. Some time later, he said he forgot and I shown him again. He took notes and ripped a CD by himself. And then he forgot a third time. But before going over the same thing again, I made a PDF with large screenshots and red highlights on where to click.
                  Lo and behold as he clicks on the highlighted screenshots and laments as nothing's working.
                  Amazing!

Comment

Classic

Comment

Oh god, I know this pain.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Chiropractors and Osteopaths are nonsense. Short term movement of joints into different positions so that whatever muscles are hurting aren't under as much stress. No treatment of underlying cause because they want you to come back.
                        The couple of times I’ve been I came out worse and it took longer to get better. Now I just rest up for a day or two until I can move without crippling pain and just gradually move about more. So, agreed. Snake oil.

Comment

Quite a big thing that irks me, tbh, to do with all this "NHS child left lying on a floor cos no beds were available" type of cynical easy-to-get-a-claim-out-of-this typa culture.

It's already been proven as "Fake News", it's been 100% proven that story is fake as ****, the kid was posed like that (they actually had a trolley).

That's MY hospital. That's where I've worked over 11yrs. Those nurses have to deal with SO much crap against so much adversity and I've NEVER seen a kid laying on the floor in Paeds in all my history there, it's really ****ing insulting

It's all these horrible ***** with iPhones filming everything, trying to get a claim.

It hurts me, sickens me, and is one of the myriad reasons why I wanted to get out of that place. I could just see stuff like this eventually occurring.

Don't believe the ****, LGI A&E are ****ing LEGENDS!!!!!

(TRUE heroes. They actually stop folk dying. And I've seen them do it so many times.)

Comment

Horse's mouth and **** you if you don't believe when I say I am righteous 100% in the above I said.

Comment

Always ace when you're pushing around chavs with broken ankles cos they've been robbing a house and the police gave chase and they jumped off a 9ft wall and fell and broke their ankle (this happens a LOT) and all the family's about, their girlfriend is as well (she's well-fit) and somehow this person is some kind of "working class hero" and everyone is laffin' n' cacklin'.

For the HEROES.

Naaaaah. They're NOT. They rob the impoverished on housing estates that are either theirs or other estates similar to theirs.

They're not heroes. They're just awful people. And we pay for their broken legs when they fail to rob houses properly.

I'm sounding like Clarkson. Gonna end now.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                Quite a big thing that irks me, tbh, to do with all this "NHS child left lying on a floor cos no beds were available" type of cynical easy-to-get-a-claim-out-of-this typa culture.

It's already been proven as "Fake News", it's been 100% proven that story is fake as ****, the kid was posed like that (they actually had a trolley).

That's MY hospital. That's where I've worked over 11yrs. Those nurses have to deal with SO much crap against so much adversity and I've NEVER seen a kid laying on the floor in Paeds in all my history there, it's really ****ing insulting

It's all these horrible ***** with iPhones filming everything, trying to get a claim.

It hurts me, sickens me, and is one of the myriad reasons why I wanted to get out of that place. I could just see stuff like this eventually occurring.

Don't believe the ****, LGI A&E are ****ing LEGENDS!!!!!

(TRUE heroes. They actually stop folk dying. And I've seen them do it so many times.)
                                Quite, all this political hoo har about hospitals and schools, there is loads of funding for both, and they are both filled with mega high paying management jobs. If there was someone laid on the floor (I very much doubted it, seen lots of hospitals start of this year) then hold the bosses at the trust to account.

Comment

Working...
                                X