No announcement yet.

Crap games you bought at launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kids played through it last year and loved it. They have no nostalgia for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Gale Racer - SEGA Saturn
      How dare you, that's the closest home version to rad mobile that you can play in the home (non emulation)

Probably for me it was cobra command, night trap and a host of games for the 32X

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        motorstorm is a 7/10 all day long.
        I think 7/10 would be a fair score at the time. Although, I would have awarded it 8/10 because the graphics really impressed me and it felt like an arcade game on steroids because of the advanced physics.

The bad points of the game are: Long loading times and samey visuals across the courses. The sequel addressed the sameyness problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post

Wave Race Blue Storm - Game Cube. Thought this would be great as the N64 had been a classic, but it was utterly bland.
          Yeah, "bland" is the word that defines Blue Storm. The N64 Wave Race is bright and full of flair, and the Game Cube version lacks the charming arcade style that was so inviting. Blue Storm is a decent game in all other areas, but as a fan of the N64 version, I'll always remember being disappointed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            How dare you, that's the closest home version to rad mobile that you can play in the home (non emulation)

Probably for me it was cobra command, night trap and a host of games for the 32X
            Rad Mobile wasn't that good in the Arcades, but the Saturn version was even worse and looked worse too, even its FMV intro wasn't impressive (in terms of quality) Not really what I was hoping for with my £640 Saturn off Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              I think 7/10 would be a fair score at the time.
              Its an 8 or 9 for me. I just loved it. Felt like an Arcade game with awesome graphics and so much fun to play. One of the most impressive 'true' launch games I played on a system.

Comment

I liked the visuals of Motorstorm at the time but it was a chore to play with its poor rubberbanding, touchy collision monitoring etc. Frankly the series never escaped those kinds of issues to achieve greatness.

Comment

Other than Knack I don't remember any of those games being launch games in any region?
                  My bad. I thought the discussion was games you bought on launch of their release not on console launch. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    My kids played through it last year and loved it. They have no nostalgia for it.
                    Yeah; it's worth bearing in mind that there are various versions of Sonic Adventure, and they vary in quality.

The standard PC version of Sonic Adventure DX is what loads of YouTubers play to dump on the game, but it's really buggy, bordered and has a lower draw distance than the DC original (with some of the changes made for the GC version, and some that are just strange).

The Japanese original was also very buggy, however, the western release (later re-released in Japan) was, while not exactly solid, much better.

If anyone likes SA1 and wants to replay it, I recommend downloading the mods for it. You can mod it to remove the borders, restore some of the Dreamcast content and generally improve it so it's more like the game you remember. Whether that makes it a good game is relative, of course; it's still a divisive game, but personally I love it for all its flaws.

Comment

Its an 8 or 9 for me. I just loved it. Felt like an Arcade game with awesome graphics and so much fun to play. One of the most impressive 'true' launch games I played on a system.
                      Looking back -- it was definitely a solid 8/10 game at the time. I remember thinking the graphics were quite incredible looking -- and it all felt solid with a weighty feel to the control. The slow loading and samey visuals spoiled things, but I'll never forget how much it impressed me back in the day. I still go back to it and wish it had an HD remaster.

Comment

There wasn't much worth playing with the DS launch. Mario 64 maybe, but the only other game I remember being up to much was Feel The Magic, which was fun. I also bought Zookeeper! It's amazing now that anyone would pay full price for a Bejeweled clone.

Still, could have been worse. I didn't buy Ping Pals.

I did well at the PSP launch. Ridge, Lumines and Minna no Golf were great.

Comment

I preferred Feel The Magic's UK title - Project Rub. I love that they titled it that and had a bikini clad woman on the cover, considering it was basically an innocuous series of light minigames

I had that game too. It was OK. I liked the styling of it.

Mario 64 DS was fine, but the controls didn't really work that well. The minigames were great though!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            ; it's still a divisive game, but personally I love it for all its flaws.
                            Me too I loved the whole Hub system and levels like Windy Valley and Speed Highway even the bonus DLC too, The whole game captures the spirit of adventure Also, the soundtrack was sensational too and seemed fit the mood of the level perfectly

And this magical track

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot how awful the DS launch lineup was!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Mario 64 DS was fine, but the controls didn't really work that well.
                                Hated it but then to me, a good game with bad controls is just a bad game. I have zero tolerance for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X