No announcement yet.

PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one of these little ones as well as a 20inch. I really like it because it’s perfect for tate shooters, awesome picture too.

Comment

I'm bidding on this: https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-t...rce=systemmail

My limit is 200.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        I'm bidding on this: https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-t...rce=systemmail

My limit is 200.
        Looks to be a very clean unit dave - not the sharpest if your used to 800 TVL though. 200 would be a bargain as it’s probably worth 1.5/double that.

Comment

A 14L5 went for £779 on the bay!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            A 14L5 went for £779 on the bay!
            Dealers have been pushing up the prices of PVM/BVMs and good CRTs in general. I might have to grab another screen before the prices become totally ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              Dealers have been pushing up the prices of PVM/BVMs and good CRTs in general. I might have to grab another screen before the prices become totally ridiculous.
              Grab a Sony D24 if you can. It's incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post

DVDX2 and all his talk of how amazing/stunning good BVMs are has really had me feeling I've missed out.

Now that minty examples go for silly money, I probably won't get to own one. I wouldn't want some dodgy one that doesn't work properly.

I'll probably end up grabbing another Trinitron in a bigger size than 21".

Comment

DVDX2 and all his talk of how amazing/stunning good BVMs are has really had me feeling I've missed out.

Now that minty examples go for silly money, I probably won't get to own one. I wouldn't want some dodgy one that doesn't work properly.

I'll probably end up grabbing another Trinitron in a bigger size than 21".
                  If you prefer a bigger screen, then that's the way to go. The D24 is stunning, but the 4:3 viewing area is only about 20 inches.

I usually stretch the image if I'm sitting a few metres away much to Speedy's disapproval.

Comment

I usually stretch the image

I get annoyed when friends and family tell me to stretch the image. Ruins the look of 4:3 games.

The D24 probably costs tons these days. I don't think I'll get to own a nice BVM.

Looks like dealers are buying up all the nice CRTs as well. Oh well, at least my 1998 Trinitron I bought last year is totally mint. Was just stored in someone's bedroom closet for ages and hardly used.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-07-2019, 12:43.

Comment

I’m off to the local Currys to buy a few of them now ;-)

Comment

I have seen consumer trinitrons now going for x3 what they were 6 mths ago.....

The last bargain I got was a PVM 14L4 for £90 locally which was awesome. Super unit and fairly damn close quality wise to my 14E5E.

It’s dry as a boot nowadays though, but there are still a few Ikegamis and jvc’s out there.

Comment

it's silly money now and with what guarantee they won't go pop soon. I wonder if all the plasma or crts will crap out first. Thinking of cashing in on mine before they are scrap metal.

Comment

Looks to be a very clean unit dave - not the sharpest if your used to 800 TVL though. 200 would be a bargain as it’s probably worth 1.5/double that.
                            I forgot about it and it went for 200. Balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              it's silly money now and with what guarantee they won't go pop soon. I wonder if all the plasma or crts will crap out first. Thinking of cashing in on mine before they are scrap metal.
                              Hehe

That’s were the stockpile comes in....

Comment

I have seen consumer trinitrons now going for x3 what they were 6 mths ago.....
                                Some guy in the London area is buying up decent Sony CRTs and then trying to sell them for £300+. He even wants £650 for my model Sony in the 25" size.

I think this sort of thing has had an influence on people, because I've seen loads of 14" Sony tvs now going for £100-200.

Last year, you'd be lucky to get £50 for a good condition Sony. It will be interesting to see if people are actually willing to spend loads of cash on a really old tv. There's no way I will pay silly money because crafty dealers are inflating the prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X