GamesTM and GamesMaster magazines to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue 206 rocked up today.

I get the sense that the team only knew of the decision near the end of the month’s cycle. The editorial speaks of it being the last issue, and the final page, which usually drops a hint about next month’s content, has a screen saying ‘The End’. There’s none of the pre-planned fanfare and retrospective that the last issues of Your Sinclair and Commodore Format enjoyed.

It was a great mag. End of an era. Sigh.

Comment

Sad but nobody wants paper anymore. It really is lamentable now, "Huffington Post" will be our new review outlet, summat schit like that, anyway, and all our knowledge of the past will die as people who don't know squat will try to reclassify history.

I don't care if they try. My mad words will always transcend their crap and I got the Viz issue of Your Sinclair back in late 87 and I have that installed, resonating memory full of mental 80s feelz

Comment

About June 2017, I got like fifteen issues of EDGE from a charity shop for 20p each, from around the time Little Big Planet 2 came out on PS3.

There is no substitute for mags on the bog. I paid £2.20 for em as well, which was cheaper than one mag back in the day.

I miss mags. Our world is proper ****ed, I'm kinda glad I saw my first two thirds of life...

Comment

I got the OutRun/720* tape soundtrack on the front of C&VG and I listened to it like a million times!

I got the Dustin covermount tape on YS back in the day!!

I am old and shall be doubly incontinent not too far away from now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            New mag launching in November about games development.
            The latest in video games, powered by Wireframe magazine

You can grab a free issue from the site whilst stocks last and all that, it’s got Gris on the cover so I had to order one.
            Thanks, FF!
            Just ordered mine.

Worryingly, despite it being free and 100,000 copies available, only about 32,000 have been claimed.

Literally, you can't give it away!

Comment

Yeah it will be a tough sell, they need to push social media a bit more and shout about it, writers involved need to do the same as well and even writers who are not yet. I will never understand why freelance writers don’t help out a bit with social media but they will be all over to complain there’s no places to work or new places that will take commissions.

I do fear we are going the way of Patreons and one to one support, I mean J Sterling is being paid $13k a month to do what he does and there are FAR better writers out there who aren’t even on a regular payroll, struggling to pay their rent and feed themselves.

Makes me sick he earns $156k a year because he has “fans”

Comment

My free copy arrived this morning, so thanks, [MENTION=2386]Family Fry[/MENTION]!

I've learned about Gris since ordering the mag, so should be an interesting read.

There's an offer of 12 issues for £12, which I might partake in, if I like it.
                Wfmag.cc/promo

Comment

Working...
                X