PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Holy Sh8T Ace Combat VR is the most incredible gaming experience ever. The demo up on the Jp store !!!!. Can't wait for the game tomorrow
    Nice interview with a few people from Project Aces on bringing PSVR and Ace Combat together.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Nice interview with a few people from Project Aces on bringing PSVR and Ace Combat together.
      Part of me wants that to be a troll video.

"So, it's a game about fighter jets, so we thought we'd do a VR version. Because fighter jets."
      Mic drop
      walks off frame

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Part of me wants that to be a troll video.

"So, it's a game about fighter jets, so we thought we'd do a VR version. Because fighter jets."
        Mic drop
        walks off frame
        Heh, that would be good.
        Maybe interview Philomena Cunk and Barry ****peas too.

In reality, they talk about adding extra events to make it feel like you're actually in the middle of a battle and as you look around there's something new to see. 3:53

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Heh, that would be good.

I just meant in the sense that in some of these videos, developers wax lyrical about their creative inspirations and high level ideas - but bringing VR into Ace Combat is a product that just writes itself. It's like they've been making a VR game for years already, just without considering it.

Comment

There's a new PSVR Demo compilation on the store, namely PlayStation VR demo 3.

It features...

Astro Bot Rescue Mission™
            SUPERHOT VR
            Headmaster
            Resident Evil 7 biohazard Teaser Demo: The Kitchen
            Job Simulator*
            Moss™
            The Persistence
            Thumper
            Battlezone®

I'll have a go at ****ting myself on RE7.

Comment

OK the challenge levels in Astrobot are actually total crap. Well, the balancing is anyway. Some of them you can get gold on the first attempt without even trying, but others are just barely possible if you cut absolutely every corner possible. It's more like pro speedrunning and sequence breaking than a simple 'beat the level as quickly as you can'. Look at the stormy city one. You can't just play normally but quicker, you have to work out every single cloud that can possibly be skipped (by JUST making the jump to a further one by the skin of your teeth). If you land on even one of the skippable clouds, you will be a fraction of a second too slow, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Holy Sh8T Ace Combat VR is the most incredible gaming experience ever. The demo up on the Jp store !!!!. Can't wait for the game tomorrow
                Didn't you say that about something else fairly recently?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  The Lab (Valve's free thing... feels like what would otherwise be a pack-in, so why not?)

Followed by:
                  Rez
                  Thumper
                  Superhot VR
                  BallisticNG
                  Beat Saber
                  Tilt Brush

I'm afraid to get into Skyrim so soon. It's a different install to both regular and Special Editions so will require a few hours of modding first (otherwise would take days/weeks if I wasn't well versed enough). I might try Alien: Isolation at some point. I've never played it before and there's a VR patch.
                  The Lab is a great showcase, The standout games are the secret shop which is like exploring a real wizards shop and slingshot which sees you wrecking an Aperture science store room, the writing in it is fantastic. Accounting VR is also a fantastic freebie and one of the funniest and most bizarre video games you will ever play.

If you are looking at paid content robo recall is a fantastic shooter and a game that deserves a lot more praise.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                    OK the challenge levels in Astrobot are actually total crap. Well, the balancing is anyway. Some of them you can get gold on the first attempt without even trying, but others are just barely possible if you cut absolutely every corner possible. It's more like pro speedrunning and sequence breaking than a simple 'beat the level as quickly as you can'. Look at the stormy city one. You can't just play normally but quicker, you have to work out every single cloud that can possibly be skipped (by JUST making the jump to a further one by the skin of your teeth). If you land on even one of the skippable clouds, you will be a fraction of a second too slow, sorry.
                    Agreed, the laser challenge stage broke me. Haven't touched my VR headset in a while now as expected. Starting to get Astro Bot withdrawal though and I'll have to check out the RE7 demo. Still need to buy Tetris Effect and Rez as well. Want to get Deracine as well but at the same time I don't want the Move controllers.
                    Last edited by Nico87; 19-01-2019, 22:14.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Didn't you say that about something else fairly recently?
                      Point being?

Comment

For anyone who may be interested, Star wars Battlefront deluxe edition is £3.99 on the store. Its a hefty download but the VR mission is thrown in and you can ignore the rest of the DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          For anyone who may be interested, Star wars Battlefront deluxe edition is £3.99 on the store. Its a hefty download but the VR mission is thrown in and you can ignore the rest of the DLC.
                          Yeah, or you can get it on disc for about £2. It's worth it for just the VR mission at sub-£5, as it's great fun.

Just be aware the disc version has a very large patch which is mandatory before you play the VR mission (even if you have downloaded the VR mission DLC already).

To be honest I'm somewhat surprised EA haven't put up the VR mission as a stand-alone download for £3.99.

Comment

Yeah at £2 it's practically free. I only mentioned it because I saw pixel ripped is £9.99, set it downloading and then looked around for anything else cheap.

Comment

Can't ignore pixel ripped as it's been on my wish list for ages, was waiting for a price drop while i caught up on the rest of my backlog but now downloading as i type. Tonights vr entertainment.

Comment

So Pixel Ripped is good then?

Comment

Working...
                                X