0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Big the Cat

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fast RMX - Switch

Ok, I'll get this one going. I bought on launch day but have only really started to play it now. I read a little about it before purchasing but went in mostly blind having not owned a WiiU.

I see a lot of people saying they want an updated F-Zero. Buy this. For the (pretty cheap) price of entry it seems to hit all of the right notes. It looks good in tablet mode but when docked it looks fantastic, visually it comes close to some PS4 titles I've seen.

I'm still on the slowest speed setting which is rapid enough and unlocking all the ships as I go through. Handling takes a race or two to get used to and the boost mechanic, which asks you to switch colours like Ikaruga, is divisive but adds a welcome layer of strategy that otherwise wouldn't be there.

Plenty of courses, plenty of content and local and online multiplayer. I have to say I'm impressed. This deserves to do well.

I've only dabbled as Zelda is getting all the screen time but what I played seemed solid enough and I've enjoyed the switch to boost mechanic. Leaning to handheld with it as once again I dislike the absence of AA which makes it look rough around the edges on full screen for me.

Is this like the original, where the crafts don't seem to turn enough?

Quote Originally Posted by cutmymilk View Post
    It looks like it. There's hardly any need as it's not like the game features any break-neck 180-degree sharp-angled turns which are all over F-Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by cutmymilk View Post
    so far I've found you have to use the l and r to make the tighter turns just like you do in wipeout its fast and wide for the most part and you really have to work to get into pole position, i like what i've done so far but like many this has taken a bit of a back seat to zelda probably put about 4 hours in and done a few cups but's its solid and fun some really nice courses on offer too.

Yeah, the turns work like Wipeout. I haven't managed to play all that much of it but I really like what I've played so far. It does what it does very well. Feels good, has a good sense of speed and I really like the colour shift mechanic - it's simple and easy to understand and apply while adding something extra to consider as you race. And I like that it's a racer (something Wipeout eventually lost to an extent).

The main negatives for me aren't really big negatives. They're more mediocreives... or some word along those lines. The visuals run great but it lacks lovely visual landmarks that would really bring the world to life while also helping you learn courses (Sonic Wall). The music is along the right lines but has nothing special or memorable going on. Some elements could just benefit from being lifted from 'functions' to 'fantastic'.

But I think it's good generally and it runs beautifully and plays well. That's really what counts.

So this has no weapon nonsense? Does it work with Pro controller too?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    So this has no weapon nonsense? Does it work with Pro controller too?
    No weapons and it works with the Pro controller.