Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Megadrive goodness for me too! I'm prepping for the Mega SG

These come courtesy of [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] (thanks!) and [MENTION=2846]MiG[/MENTION]. I remember when I first saw my cousin's Megadrive in action, and Mercs being the game that intrigued me the most - even more so than Sonic, or Revenge of Shinobi. Really looking forward to seeing how it's aged!

Comment

Brill some excellent choices.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Some Megadrive goodness for me too! I'm prepping for the Mega SG
        A nice selection of good to great games. Castle of Illusion is my pick of the bunch. I hope you still like Mercs.

Comment

Looking at things like Japanese Strider is a major heart pull for me. Aesthetically, those early MD games along with the PCE was probably the best period of my life for videogaming. Really special memories of working my arse off to buy such exotic (at the time) items.

Comment

What's the middle-right game, Fuse?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
              What's the middle-right game, Fuse?
              daisenpu (aka Twin hawk)

Comment

Thanks, pal. Off to have a look at it on youtube now.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  daisenpu (aka Twin hawk)
                  I just bagged a Daisenpu PCB - I've been curious about it for years.

The PCB version of Daisenpu is apparently more bearable than the port (the ship's hitbox is smaller).

The English version, Twin Hawk, is also unique. It has a 2 player mode, unlike Daisenpu and is harder than the Japanese release (a break from Western arcade release tradition).

Comment

Picked up a white DSi LL in almost perfect condition for just under £20. It’s getting more difficult to find any retro bargains in Japan now but there are still the odd ones from time to time.

Comment

Not much this month but some nice presents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                        Picked up a white DSi LL in almost perfect condition for just under £20. It’s getting more difficult to find any retro bargains in Japan now but there are still the odd ones from time to time.
                        That’s a lovely unit. Had one briefly but noticed a ding on it so sold it and held onto my brown DSi LL. Would love another.

Comment

Got Break In for PC Engine, Deep Blue Fleet for PC-FX and PC Engine Mouse for Chrimbo

Comment

I'm embarking on a new project to rebuild my first PC and see how far I can push it. To start off with I picked up a PII 233MHz CPU but after discussing it with a few people I think I may have actually had a Socket 7 CPU and not a Slot 1. The reason being my first PC had an integrated GPU my Voodoo 2 plugged into which was not a feature present in early PII systems.

I'm still going to continue with this build but I may get a Socket 7 setup going as well and compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              To start off with I picked up a PII 233MHz CPU but after discussing it with a few people I think I may have actually had a Socket 7 CPU and not a Slot 1.
                              Socket 7 would have been a Pentium MMX 233Mhz, last of the MMX processors before the PII.. I had the 166mhz version.. could be a bit slow for a Voodoo 2 though, needs a P3 to really stretch its legs, they scale really well..

retro PC hardware is my secret fetish

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
                                Socket 7 would have been a Pentium MMX 233Mhz, last of the MMX processors before the PII.. I had the 166mhz version.. could be a bit slow for a Voodoo 2 though, needs a P3 to really stretch its legs, they scale really well..

retro PC hardware is my secret fetish
                                It's been a bit of a head scratcher, I was so new to PCs and Windows back then, I can't quite pin down the CPU. In my head it was always a 223MHz CPU as well but that's not right. The system itself was slow, it ran C&C Tiberium Sun well enough but struggled with UT99. It's why I'm so interested to see how far I can push a similar system now. I want to know what it was truly capable of.

I've actually got a Socket A system set up right now with an Athlon XP 2100+ in an Abit KT7 motherboard with 512MB RAM that has an ISA slot housing a Soundblaster 16 for DOS compatability paired with two Voodoo 2s in SLI connected to a Geforce 6800GT running Windows 98SE. It's a bit of a frankenstein machine and complete overkill tbh but it was fun to put together and runs everything from that era without breaking a sweat

Comment

Working...
                                X