Red Dead Redemption II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Camp member kidnapped. Go to house where being held, bust door open, Arthur refuses to fire gun until he's been shot several times. Glitches getting worse basically. Didn't actually matter as he seems to be able to take half a dozen bullets at point blank range with little concern. When are they going to fix the broken HDR , anyone heard?
    I never had issues with the main game (completed the whole thing) but the online mode is glitchy as hell. Had my horse running in the sky then threw me off. I fell to the ground and obviously died. Saw another horse under the ground. Had loads of models missing. At one point I was cooking with floating food. Another had an invisible man pouring a coffee then drinking it. That actually looked quite funny.

Comment

I had a little while on Saturday on the game, nothing major happened mind. Set up a robbery or at least part of one and hunted down the last two legendary outlaws, though the guy who sent me to find them has disappeared somewhere. Typical

Comment

Had my first glitch last night.
        Did a mission and in the cut scene, a character opened the door for Arthur, but the door stayed closed, so he glitched through.
        At the end of the scene he went to open it to let me out and it stayed shut again, so the guy just looked like a mime artist.

After I finished the mission (with a Wanted status) I was right next to where the possums spawn, so I camped up for the night.
        Rudely awoken by Bounty Hunters who killed me!
        Spawned again and paid off my bounty, then camped again to catch this damn possum.
        FOUND ONE! I played possum, then ran off before I could kill it, so had to camp again.
        After about 15 minutes of running around, another spawned and I got the penultimate Huntsman achievement.

Onto the final one... kill the Legendary Panther (not an Anchorman aftershave).

Did the whole tracking thing only for it to find me before I found it. DEAD.

Now I have to wait for it to respawn.

I did the Horseman challenge where I had to kill seven enemies without dismounting.
        The game started me next to the O'Driscoll base, so I thought I'd clear that out whilst getting the challenge done.
        Did some sniping and took my time and cleared the place out.

So, I've done a lot of the available challenges and I'm really enjoying them still, but peppering them with the occasional mission to break it up. A few haven't unlocked yet and I meet need to look online for the treasure maps.

Comment

Finished the main story and some really fab tunes in the last few missions.Need to mop up the side missions now and order that Willie Nelson cd

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
            Finished the main story and some really fab tunes in the last few missions.Need to mop up the side missions now and order that Willie Nelson cd
            I actually didn't like the tunes. They just seemed cheesey to me. An Instrumental option would have been appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              I actually didn't like the tunes. They just seemed cheesey to me. An Instrumental option would have been appreciated.
              I’m a big cheese lover

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                I’m a big cheese lover
                There's nothing wrong with cheese it just depends on the type of cheese I guess.

Comment

Legendary panther: Dead!

I'm now a master hunter and you get:
                  Better holsters (more ammo)
                  More stamina (for getting the full set)
                  Longer dead eye (for the panther trinket)

Maybe I should do some story at last!

Comment

Waiting for hdr fix before I go back to this. If it ever gets fixed of course.

Comment

Anyone playing this on a non pro PS4? Does it still look nice?

Comment

It’s not using the fake hdr settings on my Xbox anymore. It’s using non hdr mode and all hdr settings are removed in the game. My Xbox is still configured to use hdr at system level. Is this a temporary patch or something? I can’t find any mention of it online.

Comment

I’ve just finished the single player story on a non Pro Zaki and I thought it looked great. There was no noticeable slowdown either which I found surprising. Digital Foundry have done a comparison vid for all 4 formats if you can be bothered.

Comment

I finally got back to playing this and have hammered it for a couple of days. I think progressing the story to chapter 3 helped but there's still so many frustrating things in this game. The insta fail bits on the missions if you don't do what the game wants, really really annoy me. I try to make Arthur a good bad guy, the game forces me otherwise.

On the plus side, I finally managed to get my satchel fully updgraded. Now doing some of the challenges.

The control system is still a pain even after many hours & to be honest the long arse animations grate like hell after a while, why not have an option to turn them off? And please what's with the insta spawn Grizzlies and Cougars literally 1 metre behind you!

Despite this I actually enjoy riding my epic Arabian horse Snowy around the world. She's awesome (sorry Ratbag, you and I had some wonderful times together, but I've moved on).

Comment

The collecting of pelts is one thing I wish was more videogamey.

Comment

Last few nights I managed to finally get this back on and last night lurched my way into Chapter III after a very long time. Just like the last few times, the more you play the more chore like it can become. It reminds of GTA4 in some ways, both games are examples of Rockstar becoming distracted by little details, technical aspects and their own ambitions into their poor quality storytelling instead of prioritising fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X