Just Cause 4 - Is this a last gen game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Cause 4 - Is this a last gen game?

I've been getting in to Just Cause 4 the last few days but I can't help but think it's a last gen game. Compared to RDR2, Tomb Raider, Neir Automata and so on, this just looks odd. It's glitchy as hell too but the physics are great fun to mess around with.

I did noticed that the airline pilots are kamikaze pilots though.

Don't try and land your airplane when another is just landing. Plus, don't piss about on an active runway.

That guy going into the terminal though lol

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Don't try and land your airplane when another is just landing. Plus, don't piss about on an active runway.

That guy going into the terminal though lol
      When that pilot took off in to the terminal I was literally sitting their looking at the TV thinking WTF did I just see

Comment

It could still do wth a resolution bump, but last gen? Don’t remember too many Xbox 360 or PS3 games of this genre looking any way near this.

On the saki Yakumo?

Comment

Ignoring the annoying youtube ‘personality’, this video shows it off well (make sure you change the resolution to at least 720p)

Subscribe for more: http://www.youtube.com/user/tmartn2?sub_confirmation=1Just Cause 4 Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwiTZDxPg_I2wwOh5HK4l...

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            It could still do wth a resolution bump, but last gen? Don’t remember too many Xbox 360 or PS3 games of this genre looking any way near this.

On the saki Yakumo?
            I'm more talking about the LOD on this game. Stuff is constantly popping up right in front of you plus you can see the terrain deforming when you're right on top of it. Very similar to how some open world Dreamcast games reacted. The texture work is also hit and miss in many areas. The actual amount of stuff on screen is way beyond last gen but all the other problems seem to be from that gen. Maybe I'm spoilt from playing a few great looking games as of late.

Comment

Ignoring the annoying youtube ‘personality’, this video shows it off well (make sure you change the resolution to at least 720p)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxPlo2XBNM
              Yeah, some You Tube "personalities" are just annoying. Good video though to show off the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                I've been getting in to Just Cause 4 the last few days but I can't help but think it's a last gen game.
                I had the game for Christmas and its one of those games that impress the hell out of you one minute and looks like crap the next. I think its great fun though and I love the gfx work on the explosions.

Can't help but feel this game is rushed out though and that dual development with RAGE 2 has meant this game taking a hit

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  I had the game for Christmas and its one of those games that impress the hell out of you one minute and looks like crap the next. I think its great fun though and I love the gfx work on the explosions.

Can't help but feel this game is rushed out though and that dual development with RAGE 2 has meant this game taking a hit
                  I understand what you mean. Today I was just wondering around the desert and it looked beautiful. Loads of detail on the mountains. Then I went to a town where upon the game changed to a 360 game in terms of pop in and texture detail. It's as if they had different studios working on different areas.

Comment

I understand what you mean. Today I was just wondering around the desert and it looked beautiful. Loads of detail on the mountains. Then I went to a town where upon the game changed to a 360 game in terms of pop in and texture detail. It's as if they had different studios working on different areas.
                    Before the 1.02 patch it looked awful. I think the next patch will see massive improvements. What format are you playing mate? There is dynamic scaling at play, so if it is a base console, it could drop to as low as 720p

Comment

The game is incredible at times and then looks like crap. I can only think that making this and Rage II at the same time meant resources looks to have been put into Rage II and the expense of this tile. Still think its a nice looking game overall and ace fun to play

Comment

I got bored of it pretty quick but always though it visually looked fine enough. It's really more a spruced up tighter version of the third game, they polished up the rough edges but still put too little though into stuff like mission design and it gets old pretty quickly.

Comment

Played the game, i like some of the game play tweaks but got a massive sense of deja vu when playing the opening part...i really felt i had played the same part before, i reallt think the open world needs to be scaled back and refined, i really wish everything was destructible as it can be a bit jarring blowing up loads of things but seeing many non destructible things standing

Comment

Before the 1.02 patch it looked awful. I think the next patch will see massive improvements. What format are you playing mate? There is dynamic scaling at play, so if it is a base console, it could drop to as low as 720p
                            Im on Xbox One X. For the most part it's 4k but according to digital Foundry it does have dynamic resolution but never drops that low. It falls to about 2K levels.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              Played the game, i like some of the game play tweaks but got a massive sense of deja vu when playing the opening part...i really felt i had played the same part before, i reallt think the open world needs to be scaled back and refined, i really wish everything was destructible as it can be a bit jarring blowing up loads of things but seeing many non destructible things standing
                              I hear you there. It reminded me of the 2nd game. I've not played the 3rd one.

Comment

Working...
                              X