Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch is amazing. Stop poo pooing it errybwody.

Comment

Why are FFX+X2 and XII so close together? Are they expecting people to beat X and X2 in a fortnight? Maybe they're expecting people to skip X2 lol

Comment

Don't see why they would, X-2 being the best of those three games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          A good chunk are, yes. I couldn't name them all off the top of my head but the bigger games include many of the usuals: Mario Odyssey, Zelda BooW, Pokemon Let's Go, MK8, Arms, Splatoon 2 and now Octopath Traveler which now that I list them isn't so bad for exclusives or 1st party titles (and the kids got 1,2 Switch). Then a bunch of my games are not indies but instead ones I missed on other systems: Skyrim, Doom, Lego City Undercover (ah, there's a WiiU one!), Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, LA Noire. Then maybe a couple of double dips or collections like Minecraft and the Street Figher Collection. And a bunch of indies with the best or most played off the top of my head being Stardew Valley, Sonic Mania Plus (is that indie? Actually probably not), Firewatch, Gone Home and a bunch more.

No shortage of stuff in any of categories now that I think about it. There are likely more I'm missing too.
          Yeah, it's an interesting list of games. I seem to have this argument a lot with people - I definitely feel in the minority, but I still don't think the Switch library is fantastic.

The hardware is wonderful, but Skyrim, Doom, LA Noire, Sonic Mania, etc - maybe the problem is me, but I played all these to death long before they got Switch releases.

The standouts on your list for me are Odyssey (10/10 best game all time all my life), Pokemon Let's Go, Arm, Splatoon 2 and Octopath Traveller. Those are all solid reasons to own a Switch.

Adapting what I said in my other post, it's a great library in some ways, but it's a library that doesn't work for me right now. It's largely stuff I've played before with the exception of a handful of titles, which isn't great after almost 2 years.

I'm optimistic about the future of the machine however, and looking forward to having more to enjoy on it.

EDIT: What's more, if you haven't played Doom, Mario Kart 8, Sonic Mania, Skyrim, Donkey Kong TF, Bayonetta, et al, boy, do you have a treat in store on the Switch. I can totally see that perspective that it's a library full of classics in many ways.
          Last edited by wakka; 10-01-2019, 16:38.

Comment

Have to be honest I'm quite happy with my Switch. I just grabbed Outun and it looks to be another standout release from M2. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle was fantastic and I'm looking forward to playing Super Mario Bros U for the first time. Also isn't Tales of Vesperia coming to the Switch? I might grab it there for portable play.

It's got a nice mix of everything for me right now.

Comment

I've never played FFX/FFX-2 before. I've just yarrr'd them across to my PS2 HDD but the thought of portable/HD play is very tempting indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                I've never played FFX/FFX-2 before. I've just yarrr'd them across to my PS2 HDD but the thought of portable/HD play is very tempting indeed.
                They might be really cheap on Vita if portable play is the goal. Worth a look.

Comment

It’s my most played console of the current machines

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Honestly, I think you're the type that would hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      They might be really cheap on Vita if portable play is the goal. Worth a look.
                      No Vita unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Honestly I think you're the type that would hate them.
                        Bullet dodged! Cheers!

I might try and give FFX two or three evenings (totaling around 5 hours...). If I stick I'll pick them up perhaps.

Comment

Imagine lots of whining teenagers. Except this time, they're voiced!

I played these games and grew to love them when I was a teen myself but I'm not sure I'd enjoy them anywhere near as much going into them fresh now. I could be wrong though, let us know how you get on with Final Fantasy X I suppose!
                          Last edited by speedlolita; 10-01-2019, 21:29.

Comment

XII is coming out on Switch soon; I strongly recommend it. Some people hate it but I'm in the camp that love it, imperfect though it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              XII is coming out on Switch soon; I strongly recommend it. Some people hate it but I'm in the camp that love it, imperfect though it is.
                              I tried the International Zodiac version a couple of years ago with PCSX2. I really didn't enjoy the auto-play Gambit system. I was just fast-forwarding through the game play until the next cut scene.

Comment

I played a good 30 hours of XII back in the day but I really hated the combat. Nakamura tells me it's the best one though so I'd like to complete it at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X