0 0%

1 25.00%

0 0%

2 50.00%
  • 10 in the zone

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4

This arrived this morning courtesy of Shopto.Well the wait is over and it's finally here.Guerrilla's graphical master piece has graced the PS4/Pro,with amazing lighting and foliage effects.I'm playing it on the Pro on a 4K panel but unfortunately no HDR on my TV.The environments are beautiful and your character looks excellent.Sound wise the game is excellent.The surround sound effects are welll balanced and the cut scenes are well done with convincing facial expressions.The world map looks massive and convincing.The RPG elements and crafting are well balanced.The fighting/attacking moves are really fluid,natural and smooth.The definition and scale of the robot dinosaurs are excellent.I'm very early in to the game but enjoying exploring/discovering the tribal and alien world with the best graphical effects yet seen on a home console.Look out Lara,there's a new girl in town

Had to patiently await midnight to play my PSN Download. Even on a normal PS4 the game looks superb. I decided three and a quarter hours was enough for now. Thoroughly enjoying it. Went for Easy difficulty, so the first two types you meet can be one shot-ed if you hit them right. The third type proved considerably more challenging.

Is it shot-ed or shotted? Not being a dick, genuinely curious.

Yes it's a satisfying move if you get the one shot eye take down.Put about 5 hours in and it's still impressing me

Next: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: [URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/Superman+Falls.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Superman+Falls.png[/IMG][/URL] PSN ID: CTNext Steam ID: SupermanFalls
    Only done the opening and its immediately obvious it's a visual benchmark game, strong showcase of checkboarding on Pro too. Main thing I'm getting used to at the moment is the view. Aloy is far too in my face for my liking, the camera needs to pan the hell back

Now about eight and a half hours in. Just hit Level 12.

Got the ability to control a Strider a while ago. Wish I could remember where I left the last one. At least they don't wander off when you dismount. A previous Strider got into a fight and I lost control of it.

Took on a Fire breathing robot. Its two friends also joined in though I did manage to kill it. I then had to run for my life until they lost interest and I could return for the spoils.

I have been updating my Inventory size whenever I get the resources. Now up to 40 arrows which helps. Modification space is now up to 70.

I'm not clicking with this game just yet, its all a bit boring with stop and start gameplay, rubbish stealth sections, its not always clear what or where you have to go next too . Have to say the Gfx are awesome with the best HDR len flare in video gaming history .

Hope it picks up soon

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I'm not clicking with this game just yet, its all a bit boring with stop and start gameplay, rubbish stealth sections, its not always clear what or where you have to go next too . Have to say the Gfx are awesome with the best HDR len flare in video gaming history .

Hope it picks up soon
    If your getting confused pop the map and pick a waypoint or select they quest you want to do and it shows it on the map and on the hud , its a pretty standard system but not explained at all.

it doesn't do a great job of explaining certain mechanics, crafting armour and bag upgrades is not explained at all neither are the skills you can use or the skill tree, your just left to fiddle in the menus. its not a bad thing i suppose. Many games take up there first few hours teaching you how to suck eggs which this is kind of guilty off for the first 40 minutes thankfully the sections where your a child only last about 40 minutes, that terrible stealth bit is just there to teach you how to use the grass and how to see the path finding ability's, theycould of done it a lot better though.

i played from 7 till about 1am lol and I'm hooked once you get past mothers embrace the world really opens up as you would expect, what i liked about it all so far is the combat is sold and the perks you can unlock really add to it. the dead eye style perk which slows down time if your in the air or sliding has given me some fantastic take downs, so don't ignore them there super satisfying and over all the combat is bloody brilliant so far.

the first big encounter

the fight with the sawtooth can be tackled in many ways, i set up shock traps all over and led it though them by baiting it towards me and then attacking its weak points the trap and attack type of combat owes a debt to monster hunter but then monster hunters combat was never that solid or this fun

so first impressions wow why do i have to work today, and why did this have to come out the same week as zelda as ive been scrabling about for weeks for something interesting to play lol. Special mention also goes to the game world awesome and full of unique and interesting things to explore, I'm like a kid exploring these ruins, it gives you that Tomb Raider type feeling of being the first person to step foot in these places for thousands of years.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 02-03-2017 at 09:07 AM.

I really want to get lost in this but yeah, Zelda!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Hope it picks up soon
    Get Zelda on Switch.