No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH the thought of something else to plug in (and then store away) doesn't appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I assume that's just a device which converts the rocking motion to the left analog stick of a pad, and the twisting motion to the x-axis of the right analog stick?

It's similar to how in the 90s, you could use a joypad to be the "pedal" in Time Crisis on the PS1 - so you could actually put it on the floor and press the analog sticks with your foot.

Not a bad idea, all told, if it works; though what's that fantasy game that's in the early part of the trailer? I don't recognise it. They also show a bunch of what I think are non-VR games, but I would venture few people play non-VR games with the PSVR.
      Something like that, it allows you full locomotion without taking up buttons on the move controllers so you have them for other control. Apparently works quite well in ultrawings from what i have read. It's about time sony gave us new vr controllers.

Comment

I've got the clearance to get a Pro, but it has to be white. She won't have it any other way (black would look terrible, to be fair).

Are they still being made, even?

Comment

Do live in one of those white decorated houses? It's like a room from the Matrix training. Do you dress like East17 stay now video? I joke.

Comment

[MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] yeah they are, it's a standard colour, not LE or anything: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8361590

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Drive your avatar around like a car for a bargain £120

I can only assume the manufacturers of those got hold of a job lot of deadstock warehoused third party Wii balance boards and have neatly co opted them into a revolutionary VR input.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] yeah they are, it's a standard colour, not LE or anything: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8361590
                It's been about seventeen year since I've last seen any in stock though.

Comment

Just had a black one in the Amazon basket for €300. Obviously priced incorrectly. Was waiting for the wife to come back in but they've either all sold out now or noticed their error and pulled them. Gutted.

Comment

To be honest I'm still not very sure about paying €400 for a slightly upgraded coming up six year-old console, especially when I have no interest in anything that isn't VR-related.

€300 for a Slim is a bit of a joke as well. You'd think they'd be sub-€220 this late in the game.

Comment

Some final thoughts on Paranormal Activity... It is a very easy platinum! Three playthroughs getting quicker each time and I have seen it all. Rent don't buy if you can.

Comment

Just done two races on WipEout.

Feeling a bit queesy.

Comment

I threw myself in to a two hour session with Resi 7. It's a hell of an experience. Although I've played the first section before, in VR it's almost a different game. Can't wait for another blast. Love it.

Comment

Alright, definitely the wrong thread to ask this... But I have zero interest in using a PS4 for anything other than PSVR (mainly for Tetris, and Wipeout). The set-up is going to set me back €700 (I pay €560*), without the expensive and average controllers. It's got me questioning if it's worth it or not?...

A HTC Vive on the other hand comes in at €600 (I pay €480*), and that's WITH awesome controllers. I'd be able to get modded Skyrim on there looking absolutely terrific, as well as some other bits and bobs including classic Wipeout clone/love-letter BallisticNg. I do want to perhaps get into VR dev in my spare time. I've already got a 1080Ti paired with an i7 8700K de-lidded and OC'd to 5ghz.

I'm really torn, and I obviously don't have the balls to ask the wife if I can get all of it, which I would if I was single. PSVR would be a no-brainer if I already had a console. If Platinum Games had made an exclusive I would have had one by now.

*Gaming goes on the company under "inspiration", so I get the tax back.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 11-01-2019, 20:01.

Comment

[MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] You can't get Astro Bot on Vice.

That is all.

Comment

No Cappy, no sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X