Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Convergence looks great too Dave.
    Top right is faltering slightly. A convergence strip will fix that (when I can be arsed).

Vertical phase now resolved and perfected, no time for shots so just take my word for it. The photos above don't really show the colour off too well, but believe me it's sorted.

If my BVM was a 99 or 100 out of 100 then this is a 91. Couldn't be happier. Just need to clean up the casing and try to remove the scratches and stuff - also need to clean out the dust and check for any dodgy caps before I put it through any extended use. I also can't forget about my poor BVM...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Top right is faltering slightly. A convergence strip will fix that (when I can be arsed).

Vertical phase now resolved and perfected, no time for shots so just take my word for it. The photos above don't really show the colour off too well, but believe me it's sorted.

If my BVM was a 99 or 100 out of 100 then this is a 91. Couldn't be happier. Just need to clean up the casing and try to remove the scratches and stuff - also need to clean out the dust and check for any dodgy caps before I put it through any extended use. I also can't forget about my poor BVM...
      Let it go Dave - another one will come up!

Comment

Who am I trying to kid... The SFC looks fine, but as soon as anything with any exquisite pixel art goes on there (Sexy Parodius) it turns to mush-o-vision. It's actually a bit of a waste playing the PSOne on it as I'd rather reserve that time for the BVM. Tekken 2, and I'm guessing anything else 3D, look equally bad.

The PCE should look great on it, at least. I'm also interested to see how the PS2 performs when that turns up (Double interested as I'll finally get to play DMC3 at last!). At least I can play my stuff until a replacement comes along. It was a free pick-up, but I think I can sell it on for €30-€50 thanks to my calibration. Someone will be pleased with it, it's just that the BVM has spoiled me.

I'm thinking I might try an OSSC going into a PC CRT monitor next. I'll have to wait for the OSSC as I've been spending like crazy lately.

Comment

PS2 will be interlaced video so... Good luck!

Comment

in my experience, consumer sets perform better with 480i than pro monitors

nothing came close to that 29" Trinitron i had, for the ps2

Comment

I had a PVM dream this morning. I walked into a local Smack Generator (which don't exist over here) and they had a corner with a dozen or so PVMs. One of them was a genuine Sony 'tate monitor. It was absolutely exquisite. All these screens were between ten and thirty Euros each so I ran to find my wife to ask her if I could grab a couple. By the time I'd returned they'd all gone.

****ing nightmare in the end.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              PS2 will be interlaced video so... Good luck!
              I tried my Wii and it looked turgid.

It's great for 224p gaming, however 240p and above just doesn't cut it. It looks as bad as how I remember RF to look.

Comment

A pristine PVM-14M2E just came up and the wife is out for coffee/walking. I just nabbed it for €50. Sod waiting for her permission after that dream!

Comment

New CRT looks good. What's wrong with interlaced video on it?

Comment

A pristine PVM-14M2E just came up and the wife is out for coffee/walking. I just nabbed it for €50. Sod waiting for her permission after that dream!
                    The rolling pin tonight, boyo!

Comment

600 TVL?

Comment

Good move. It could’ve gone. When things you really want slip through your fingers like that due to indecision etc it’s heartbreeaking!

Comment

The rolling pin tonight, boyo!
                          The wok, more like!

600 TVL?
                          Yeah, hopefully not too much of a noticeable drop from 800. I'm just hoping the geometry is bang on, as I don't think a G-board transplant is possible. I'll need to whip it out and put them side-by-side to check.

Got his address. Funny. We were parked outside there last week when we went to the vinyl fair.

Here's the listing: https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-t...f4f8b9c5b7a618 It looks like it's been well kept inside that flight case. I might have to ask him if that's included or not, as I could be doing with storing this BVM nicely until a G-board pops up somewhere.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          New CRT looks good. What's wrong with interlaced video on it?
                          I'll be putting the TV back up for offer, at least that'll cover my petrol. It's great for 224p - although at 240p you're not seeing any scan lines at all. It's quite mushy. 480i on it is pretty blurry. I could be mistaken but things seem a lot darker as well.
                          Last edited by dataDave; 23-11-2018, 18:48.

Comment

I do know the Wii isn't exactly crisp via 480i if that helps.

Comment

The wok, more like!

Yeah, hopefully not too much of a noticeable drop from 800. I'm just hoping the geometry is bang on, as I don't think a G-board transplant is possible. I'll need to whip it out and put them side-by-side to check.

Got his address. Funny. We were parked outside there last week when we went to the vinyl fair.

Here's the listing: https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-t...f4f8b9c5b7a618 It looks like it's been well kept inside that flight case. I might have to ask him if that's included or not, as I could be doing with storing this BVM nicely until a G-board pops up somewhere.

I'll be putting the TV back up for offer, at least that'll cover my petrol. It's great for 224p - although at 240p you're not seeing any scan lines at all. It's quite mushy. 480i on it is pretty blurry. I could be mistaken but things seem a lot darker as well.
                              Haha

Get a six pack down you to numb the pain!

Nice looking unit - hopefully the excellent condition equates to low useage. 600 is a good bit softer, but should still look great at 14”.

Hope it works out - You deserve abit of luck mate after recent crt woes.

Comment

Looks like high contrast anti glare coating on that unit dave.

Comment

Working...
                                X