PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    So made up you got it, AstroBot is so amazing and a real Mario 64 type moment and experience
    All the positivity surrounding Astro Bot is the reason I bought VR. It seems like a VR game I'm going to really appreciate.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Please buy REZ next,
    Yeah, that's a must-have game. I'm sure it's as amazing as people say it is.

Comment

How much hassle is this kit to setup each time?

Amazon USA have the Astrobot and Moss bundle and can ship it to me in Singapore for 225USD. I'm tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
        How much hassle is this kit to setup each time?

Amazon USA have the Astrobot and Moss bundle and can ship it to me in Singapore for 225USD. I'm tempted.
        The physical setup is dead easy it walks you through everything once connected. Once all the wires & stuff is in place the only thing you would have to plug in is the headset assuming you don't leave it plugged in & stored near the tv. The only main thing you need to do is make sure you have enough room for the camera and that the camera isn't going to be confused with either a mirror or bright window in it's view.

For max accuracy it's best to goto the headset callibration in the ps4 system menu and show the camera the visor in all the angles it asks for & set your ipd up as well then you are all set. Really not hard at all it's been designed extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          The physical setup is dead easy it walks you through everything once connected. Once all the wires & stuff is in place the only thing you would have to plug in is the headset assuming you don't leave it plugged in & stored near the tv. The only main thing you need to do is make sure you have enough room for the camera and that the camera isn't going to be confused with either a mirror or bright window in it's view.

For max accuracy it's best to goto the headset callibration in the ps4 system menu and show the camera the visor in all the angles it asks for & set your ipd up as well then you are all set. Really not hard at all it's been designed extremely well.
          Thanks mate. Did you get the move controllers? They seem to add a lot to the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
            Thanks mate. Did you get the move controllers? They seem to add a lot to the price.
            yeah i got a pair as a some of the games i really want to get require them to be able to play, but to be honest a lot of the vr games are made to happily work with the dual shock on it's own. Have a look online at the games you are interested in getting and see how many need the move controllers. I agree it's a hell of a lot to pay up front once all the needed gear is added together but im guessing sony assumed a lot of people would already have the console at least, mum has spent a crazy amount on me this xmas and i'm totally grateful for it which is why it's going to get maximum use. When i have a crappy day i can come home and disappear away from the real world for a few hours escape.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              I bought the Starter Pack with Astro Bot and Doom VFR for £179.99 including delivery. It was an Amazon deal I couldn't resist. I just hope I enjoy what VR has to offer. I will also try GTS and Polybius with it.
              You might enjoy pixel ripped. It's one on my instant buy list come xmas it looks very unique.

Comment

grrr double post

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  You might enjoy pixel ripped. It's one on my instant buy list come xmas it looks very unique.
                  When the characters came out of the handheld... Looks like something I might really like.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                    When the characters came out of the handheld... Looks like something I might really like.
                    The game mechanics from the videos i have watched are pretty fun at one point you are inside the 8bit world all in mono gb spritework but in 3D sat in your room. It really looks like a game made with love, spotted so many 80's gaming references in there i can't wait to play it.

It really seems like all the fun quirky games are in vr, i went looking on amazon japan for quirky ps4 disk based non vr games & there's very little that interests me. apart from the miku games & resi 2 remake & ninokuni 2 it's slim pickings. Well i may find more if i dig deeper but so far it's all the dull mainstream stuff.
                    Last edited by importaku; 19-11-2018, 00:57.

Comment

Im tossing up between the Creed/SuperHot and the Astro/Moss bundles. Creed bundles is 50USD more but has two move controllers. Plus, Amazon just lowered Astrobot to 20 bucks.

Comment

Damn you Importaku! That's another game to add to this list!

So far I have:
                        Worlds and Playroom VR (came free, probably a good way to ease myself in)
                        Astrobot (free with the headset, can't wait)
                        Resi7 (already had it and played some of it, but never really got in to it, I have the feeling it will be a different experience in VR)
                        GT Sport (again, already own)
                        ZOE2 (thanks to Importaku for the heads up)
                        Statik (cheap on PS Store)

That's not a bad start I think, I might pick up something else if I see it cheap.

Comment

So I probably should've watched a video of the Batman game before picking it up. Tried it last night, load of rubbish.

Comment

I loved it!

Comment

Is VR here to stay? Integrated tech into future consoles?

Really gassing for one of these. Might try and get myself one for Christmas.

Comment

Hard to say. I'd be surprised if the PS5 didn't have some form of backward compatiblity with it. Maybe some form of built in processor to increase the grunt.
                                Now seemed like a good time to get one because of the run of games for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X