Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split opinion then.

Comment

Thinking of going for another Alfa next. Had test drives of the Giulia and Stelvio and leaning towards the saloon Giulia, as i'm not sure i could live with an SUV. It's a really well built car, with a few Alfa ish quirks, but it drives great and feels a bit special inside. Looks lovely too. Trying not to think about depreciation

Comment

I was behind an Alfa last night and they bring a bit of Italian class to the mass market. Lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I’m heavily considering a Discovery right now. Just not sure how their build quality is these days.
          Last time I checked they have the worst Satnav imaginable.
          That's all I know.

But what do I know, you bought a Qashqai because of me

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] & [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION].

You two old tossers should give me (a young and virile 37 year old) your nice fast cars so you can potter about on mobility scooters.

Comment

Pffft. Who are you trying to kid, you're easily as much of a grumpy old man as us.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Pffft. Who are you trying to kid, you're easily more of a grumpy old man.
                FTFY.

Comment

Ha! The lure of speed is still there it seems. Whilst looking at jaguars I saw there was a V6 version and was like ooooh, that would be nice! I’m an idiot.

Comment

The thing is Brad, fast is still fine I think, but you need to find something that's a complete sleeper.

Comment

I know someone with three Discos.
                      The first is parked on his drive with a seased engine, which he is using for parts.
                      The second locked him out and his key stopped working, he got a locksmith to open the car and reprogram the key... Only for it to happen again.
                      The third has a roof that leaks so bad the back seats can't be used.

Comment

Moving house from sleepy west Cornwall to closer to Plymouth this december, has put my car insurance up by £200-£300...wtf

*edit* ok this is weird, according to online info the new postcode is still considered low risk. Weird
                        Last edited by Largo; 06-11-2018, 00:13.

Comment

Not sure if best place to post this question but - does anyone have/ much knowledge and experience of dashcams?

I've been considering getting one over the year but have no idea anything about them except I want something to record my dash to a decent quality to cover my ass/ record interesting things I may witness when driving.

In the past few weeks, and according to my colleagues it's not just me being paranoid, nearby towns have had similar issues, I have witnessed some disturbing behavior when driving. I have been witness to many counts of bad driving but recently there seems to be a trend of teens pushing each other or purposely jumping out in the road now the evenings are getting darker and I am starting to get anxious driving which is NOT ok.

Can anyone recommend something available to the UK that's ideally south of £200?

Comment

We have Transcend dash cams which had come very highly recommended. You can buy them on Amazon for way south of £200. (I think our ones are now under £100)

EDIT: This is what we have -

Last edited by Colin; 10-11-2018, 07:26.

Comment

Cool! I will put on my wish list for Christmas/ Birthday next month or just get it myself when I get paid.

Comment

Hamazing
                                Photographer Max Siedentopf prowls the streets of Amsterdam and “upgrades” random stranger's cars with cardboard and masking tape. Why does he do it?

Comment

Working...
                                X