Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an annoying patient who has wasted so much time with us but wanted private work finally finish her treatment today. We have bent over backwards for this woman and we are glad not having to see her for a few months. We have spent about 2+ hours in total with treatments with her, including loads of overtime.

Bitch had a meltdown in reception refusing to pay the final £200 installment and left without paying. What a twat.

Comment

Gmail's new UI making it more difficult to distinguish between actual email and their subtle 'we don't read your emails, honest' ads

Comment

I'm starving after a long shift at work. Ate a bit of chicken and now have raging heart burn.
        Still hungry and rattling from rennies!

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION]

I get heartburn a lot. Eat four Rennies, drink a big glass of milk and sit upright. Should sort you out.

Comment

Gaviscon sachets are magic for heartburn.

Comment

A couple of weeks back I realised I was like the lab rat that can't stop taking the bait, even though it knows it'll get an electric shock.

To explain, I'd found this absolutely delicious cereal a while ago that I couldn't get enough of. I went on about it so much that my wife picked up a few boxes of it so I'd always have some in the house. So, also a little while back I started noticing I was getting bad stomach pains every weekend when I got back from work, and parping like a parpy thing on parp street. These pains would leave during the week once I was back at work. My stupid brain still wasn't piecing things together.

Eventually two and two added up and I realised that if I ate this cereal, every night after it would be a crampy night in trumpet town. The sad thing is, I still couldn't resist it and kept eating it. Even last weekend when I finally tried to take a stand, I buckled and ate a bowl in the afternoon. At this point I don't feel I need to explain what transpired.

The irk is not just the fallout from eating it, it's that there's still a box of it in the house. You know what's going to happen. I have the breaking strain of a Kit Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                A couple of weeks back I realised I was like the lab rat that can't stop taking the bait, even though it knows it'll get an electric shock.

To explain, I'd found this absolutely delicious cereal a while ago that I couldn't get enough of. I went on about it so much that my wife picked up a few boxes of it so I'd always have some in the house. So, also a little while back I started noticing I was getting bad stomach pains every weekend when I got back from work, and parping like a parpy thing on parp street. These pains would leave during the week once I was back at work. My stupid brain still wasn't piecing things together.

Eventually two and two added up and I realised that if I ate this cereal, every night after it would be a crampy night in trumpet town. The sad thing is, I still couldn't resist it and kept eating it. Even last weekend when I finally tried to take a stand, I buckled and ate a bowl in the afternoon. At this point I don't feel I need to explain what transpired.

The irk is not just the fallout from eating it, it's that there's still a box of it in the house. You know what's going to happen. I have the breaking strain of a Kit Kat.
                p A R p

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION]

I get heartburn a lot. Eat four Rennies, drink a big glass of milk and sit upright. Should sort you out.
                  I was getting heartburn since last year. At my annual health check a few months back they discovered a polyp in my stomach. Apparently these things can be the cause of frequent heartburn.

A week of antibiotics and it's shrinking. Apparently it'll take around 10-15 years to disappear completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Which cereal Colin?

Comment

Jordan’s country crisp. So delicious, but so harmful to my internals!

Comment

Could maybe have some IBS symptoms there, unless of course your having like a 60g bowl and the recommended is 30g, in which case that much fibre will attack ye.

I get it with cheese, coffee and milk sometimes, often I will forget (ignore) my IBS, eat something delicious and then fully regret it afterwards.
                        WHY GOD WHY?
                        Because I love cheese that’s why.

Comment

I often get the old stomach cramps if I have milk in the morning. It's like my body just isn't ready for it at that time

Comment

If I reached a stage where my body started rejecting cheese I'd have to consider just calling it a day.

Comment

I'm ok now, I munched on rennies and some milk that certainly helped btu had a few flutters in the night. Had one at about 11 this morning at work but since then I have been fine after some rennies alternative one of the ladies at work gave me.

Urk of the day - Myself, I was a right dick.

Whilst queuing in traffic in town this morning I saw a little kid, maybe 6-7 years old, completely wiped out on his bike. I'm talking the wobbles, 360 handlebar turn followed by going full scorpion and flipping off it on the pavement all in the space of a second.. Mum was quickly with him and thanks to a heavily padded jacket and safety gear, I think he was fine but had a cry.

My immediate response was shock, sadness than uncontrolled laughing inside as it was hilarious for some reason. Then I felt like the biggest **** in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post

My immediate response was shock, sadness than uncontrolled laughing inside as it was hilarious for some reason. Then I felt like the biggest **** in the world.
                                Hahahahahaha! post of the year for me.

Reminded me of a little girl I was saw running to the local video store, about 20 years ago. She fell and dropped the tape she was returning. It shattered into a million pieces (like she dropped a glass). I felt so bad for her, but I couldn't stop laughing whenever I remembered it.

Comment

Working...
                                X