No announcement yet.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this review, don't worry he's made a point of not giving any spoilers:

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age review, no spoilers, Dragon Quest 11 is a role-playing video game developed and published by Square Enix. An entry ...

I can't play this until next year probably, but I look forward to reading the first play thread.
    Last edited by Hohum; 03-09-2018, 20:29.

Comment

Steam preload is up at 28.8GB.

Comment

I didn't expect to get this through the post on the weekend but I did. I'm in the middle of playing Far Cry 5 atm but I might break off to give this a go (I fear that if I do I won't return to FarCry though). Perhaps that might be a good thing though if this proves to be a highly charming JRPG

Comment

S Definitive Edition comes out December. For all formats that aren't Switch.

Includes the acclaimed DRAGON QUEST XI, and adds extra character-specific scenarios, the choice of playing with the original soundtrack or a grand orchestral version of the music, the ability to switch between 2D and 3D graphic modes, a Japanese voice-acting option, and much more!
          Would be nice if it was a free update or at least a smaller DLC for original owners.

Comment

Haven't got the info to hand but there were a lot of complaints regarding how they've done this last night. As I understood it, the S version is going to be based on the Switch version, which features a number of visual downgrades.

Comment

Saw that it's £29.99 on Steam so it's not full priced. Still expensive though if you already own the original.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Haven't got the info to hand but there were a lot of complaints regarding how they've done this last night. As I understood it, the S version is going to be based on the Switch version, which features a number of visual downgrades.
                Yeah, they spent a lot of time and money rewriting it for the Switch IIRC. Sounds like they just want to put in the minimal effort to port this version to other systems.

I want to replay it in 2D so I'm not too fussed personally, but I won't be picking it up until it's heavily discounted on Steam.

Comment

Working...
                X