Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. And I mentioned in the PC thread that NHK will begin broadcasting in 8K in December and they'll likely be followed by others.

Comment

Jimi Hendrix: The Road to Woodstock

Remastered footage documenting Jimi Hendrix's most celebrated performance. It's Hendrix and it's Woodstock, the world's greatest guitar player at the world's greatest festival. Legendary.

Comment

“Designated Survivor” lives on. The Kiefer Sutherland-led political drama, which was cancelled by ABC back in May, has been picked up for a third season by streaming giant Netflix. When the series was first launched, it was one of the first to be a part of an increasingly common practice of series which stay on […]

Belatedly, Netflix has scooped and revived cancelled Designated Survivor for a third season

Comment

That’s interesting. I noticed a few weeks ago that the show was appearing as a Netflix ad on YouTube even though cancelled so I’m not hugely surprised.

Comment

Orange is the New Black: Season 6
            Another better run that feels like its spinning its wheels a little at times but ends on a note that suggests they may be starting to wrap up things or at least get on the road to that. The new setting makes a certain amount of sense but it's not as good as the old one as there's zero visual variety for the viewer. Definitely happy for it to end next season but overall a solid run.

Comment

Brooklyn Nine Nine
              http://www.darkhorizons.com/nbc-orde...lyn-nine-nine/
              NBC has ordered an additional five episodes for the Season 6 revival

Comment

American Horror Story: Murder House
                The missus made us rewatch the first season once she found out the upcoming eighth run harked back to it. It rolls in Coven as well but that season was so appallingly poor we won't be doing that one again. Going back it's clear, the first season was easily the best even if the Horror of the title remains a buzzword rather than something the show ever actually attempts. It's still a fairly weak run that runs out of steam before the episode count is fulfilled but it still showed how low the bar was and the shows failure to meet it since its origins.

Comment

I’m on the fourth episode of Star Trek Continues and I’m quite enjoying it so far. It’s definitely better than I was expecting for a fan made production.

Comment

Castle Rock: Season 1
                    I enjoyed this but the marketing has been massively misleading and really dampens your enjoyment of the show as you lose so much time waiting for things to kick in that I now realise never will. The series references other King works but doesn't tie into them at all, similar to his books. The book feel is also supported by how this is an anthology series so the tale is complete by the end, an ending that is pretty weak but does the job. The fresh slant each season will ensure I watch the next season, if the mid-credits are to believed there'll be less of a Shawshank inspiration next year and more Shining.

Timeless
                    Overcoming the odds and returning from cancellation after its first season, NBC’s time travel drama “Timeless” made it to a second season and was then cancelled again despite its small but devoted fanbase. Then came the announcement that the network decided to greenlight two more episodes to wrap the story. Speaking with Collider recently, executive […]

The finale was to be a TV movie but the showrunner has now said they've opted to instead make two stand alone episodes instead. The mythology will draw to a close over both but they found it played better to end it in the same manner as the previous two seasons than to try and stretch one storyline out over double the length.

Comment

Finished Bodyguard at the weekend.
                      I had to watch it live like everyone else because it's one of those shows that people seem hell-bent on spoiling.
                      Even the Radio Times! SPOILER!

10.4 million people tuned in live for the finale, which makes it the most watched BBC drama since 2008, beating even Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife. Wowzers!

A few people have said there was a midpoint lull and the representation of Muslims was a bit pantomime, but it was a fun series and we enjoyed watching it and guessing what was going to happen.

Loads of plot holes, but it was more fun to get involved than nitpick.

It's also good to see a flawed hero suffering with the effects of PTSD.
                      By seeking help for PTSD, Bodyguard's David Budd could make a difference, an Army veteran says.

Then we started Killing Eve last night and took down a couple of episodes.
                      That's also a hit for us both. It's actually pretty funny with some of the daily banter between staff more interesting than portrayed in serious crime dramas. It's less of a mystery and more of a cat and mouse thriller, but who is the predator and who is the prey?

There's one scene where the assassin sneaks into an Italian Villa, steals an outfit and takes out a Mafia boss, that really made me want to replay Hitman!

Comment

I haven't watched Bodyguard or heard anything specific on it but I'm still unsure whether to try it. I find the big success stories on the terrestrial channels are really hit and miss and miss. Last one that paid off was Line of Duty for me, most others are much more rubbish than their success suggests.

Comment

Brooklyn Nine Nine
                          http://www.darkhorizons.com/quick-ne...-bohemian-kid/

Chelsea Peretti has confirmed she's leaving the show a few episodes into the new season

Comment

Roots, Reggae, Rebellion

How a small group of Jamaican musicians created songs of Rastafari, revolution and hope.

A documentary about reggae, it's Jamaican roots and the righteousness it revolves around. If, like me, you love reggae music then it's a must-watch.

I lived on a commune next door to a load of Ethiopian Rastafarians and they were the coolest people I've met. All they did was play football (barefoot), smoke weed and play reggae music very loudly. It sounds like a cliche but that really is all they ever did. They were deeply religious and very righteous but without being twats about it. Indeed it made them better people. They would always invite us over to smoke weed and play football and talk about politics and religion and philosophy and they were the first people I met who made me realise that religion has two sides. But what I took away most from those guys and girls was a love of reggae. They played some really good music. Anyway, enough rambling, if you like reggae then check it out.

Comment

Arrow: Season 6
                              Finally finished the show and the season was yet another lacklustre run. They need to move away from the grounded tone, it makes no sense given where each show is at now and it makes the whole thing so dull by comparison as they won't tackle any real threat. A years content and it's a goon with a handgun who scuttles away at the end. Very weak point and begging for an ending now.

Comment

I have been rewatching Mad Men. At about season 4 or 5 now. It plays so differently without the giant season breaks and it's interesting how that changed my perception of the show. I have a clear memory of one season being so slow and dull and having almost none of the ad stuff and I'm certain it was the season with the teacher and yet, on this watch, I didn't feel that at all. I think there probably was less ad stuff and more relationshippy stuff in that season but because I went straight from an ad-heavy season rather than a long break, I didn't feel that at all. I remember Ken Cosgrove being gone for an age and on this watch it felt like just a few episodes.

It's still a great show and I'm enjoying it even more now.

Comment

Working...
                                X