Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Journey. It's hard to say exactly why Journey worked for me and Gris didn't but, speculating, I'd say that Journey has two things that Gris doesn't. One is that, being 3D, there is more a sense of open exploration rather than just left or right of Gris - that changes things because even just turning a little bit alters the view in Journey whereas there is no other way to see the world of Gris. The other, and I think this is probably bigger, is that even without knowing what's going on there is a very clear sense of destination in Journey. It feels like it's all going to a place. But Gris feels really aimless. I wasn't sure where I was going or why, unsure of whether I was missing anything or whether I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. So I felt I lacked a sense of direction or reason for going one way or another.

Comment

Been playing more Overwatch. I was really obsessed with it when I first played it back in July, but now, it's slowly getting boring.

Comment

Trying to settle into something on the PC but not there yet. Being back at work means I'm back on:

LA Noire
        Just about to do Street Mission 29/40 and I'm on the next to last case of the penultimate desk so getting into the late stages now but still a while to go. A couple more of the DLC cases fall into the late game so there's some new content in there for me which is nice even if they tend to be the more straight forward cases.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
        On Chapter 9 of 22, the Chateau was nice to do again but Syria has been a slog. Replaying this is a nice reminder of how unfairly complained about the game is and whilst the second remains the jewel, it'll take a great replay to pretend the fourth game was a big step down from this.

The Council
        I'm early in episode one of this but I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it. It's a Telltale style title but so far it's just too slow for my tastes and with several of their games still to catch up on as well I may skip on to something a bit more lively.

Comment

Do you actually do anything at work other than play games and post on here?

Comment

I'm a lean, mean efficient machine. I get loads done and even manage others doing it, the sad benefit of having done the job for so many years I know it like the back of my hand

Comment

Been playing Shenmue HD all week and now almost finished with the game. I havent really played it since its original release on the dreamcast and Ive had a blast playing it, Im surprised by how well it holds up today and the level in detail which still beats most modern games. My anticipation for Shenmue 3 this year has just shot through the roof.

Comment

My 360 TATE set-up has totally reignited my fondness of Cave shmups. This week it's been Espgaluda II and Muchi Muchi Pork. 'Galuda I'm pretty rusty at (was actually never great at) but still having loads of fun, and Pork just delivers that wonderful bonus overload when the multiplier rises, hoovering up those huge gold chunks is so addictive.

Comment

Momodora on Switch.

Comment

Mainly watched Luther with the missus, so minimum game time, but a bit of Vita Minecraft again.

Comment

I'm pushing to finish Valkyria Chronicles 4 (think I'm on the last battle now). Its had some good moments that highlight the atrocities of war and you get attached to certain squad members if you've managed to keep them alive throughout the game. It also has several scenes that feel anime-ish where characters talk about how they our someone close to them feels. That's not bad in itself but there were times when I felt that 5-6 separate scenes where you're clicking X to get through the dialogue would have flowed better if they'd have shown a one minute cutscene (they use the in-game graphics for the cutscenes anyway so one wonders why this wasn't used more often).

I've enjoyed the game and its good to have more Valkyria Chronicles but given its taken as long as a conventional RPG to finish I'm ready to move on.

Comment

BallisticNG and Thumper.

Trying to get parts of both burned into my brain before the Vive turns up.

Comment

Outrun Online Arcade (PS3)

Still looks utterly butterly beautiful.

Tokyo Bus Guide 2 (PS2)

Jeepers! Still as much boring fun as I remember, and this time I can actually understand what I'm doing wrong without pausing and checking the dictionary.

One of these days I'm going to attempt the two-player mode with my wife(one drives, the other deals with bus tickets). I much prefer this to the DC version which I played for about five minutes.

Die Hard Arcade / Dynamite Deka (PS2)

Looked rank, until I realised I was playing the 'upgraded' mode. Tried the Sega Saturn mode and it was blue-skies a-go-go. Well, as blue-skies as you could get at night time. The upgraded mode's protagonist looks like John McClane, whereas the Saturn one looks like the dad from Home Alone.

Shenmue (PS4)

Nearly at the end of this. I have the 70-sailor sausage party to look forward to. Tomato Store doesn't seem to stock lube, though...
                          Last edited by randombs; 14-01-2019, 08:13.

Comment

Uninstalled loads on the PC to free space and to really start zeroing in on backlog instead of distractions. This morning I focused on LA Noire, should get onto the final desk either today or tomorrow, at home I mostly knuckled down on Uncharted 3 though, On Chapter 20 of 22 so nearly done with the remaster collection there.

I really... really... really need to go back to Red Dead Redemption II

Comment

I'd been looking forward to getting Night in the Woods on the Switch, having loved it on PS4. Waited nearly a whole year for it to go on sale. Played it today, and the loading and framerate are ATROCIOUS! Got me worried about picking up other ports now, like Undertale and Firewatch...

Comment

Fallout 4, added the unofficial patch and some mods, enjoying the game alot more then when i originally got it (had some game breaking bugs)

Injustice 2 on Pc, Installed on SSD as load times were driving me mad. I like the game a lot though Animation is still not great but the look of the game is pretty good.....I still hate the clash mechanic though.

Thems Fightin herds, was concerned as there was little news about updates but then past few weeks new stuff. Pretty good fighting game though would probably wait to see how development comes .

Comment

Working...
                                X