No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this looks like a proper play set: Betrayal at Cloud City. I'd love to be a kid again and get this on Christmas morning

Out next month (VIP), general release October - £299

Comment

Wow!

That looks so much fun!

Comment

Lego Bugatti Chiron

Not the 1/8 scale model you can buy, this one is 1/1 scale!

Comment

Nearly as big as this...

Comment

Nice.

If you don’t mix the bags you’ll have to hang your head in shame!

Comment

I was initially quite interested in this, but at the end of the day it’s just another crane. Admittedly it’s a very large, impressive crane, but it’s just not very interesting to me. I’ve already got a couple of Technic cranes, I’d like something different. Like a Cement Mixer lorry. I was quite gutted the new fork lift doesn’t even have the capacity to add Power Functions...

Comment

I'm not so bothered by what it is that much, just the sheer size of it. There's something attractive about 4,000 piece Technic sets and it's certainly less weird than the Bucket Wheel Excavator was.

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                Nice.

I think I'll happily be hanging my head! Although if I just sort out all the pegs it probably wouldn't even be an issue that the rest of the parts were mixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                  What kind of sociopath would do this?! They come numbered for a reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    What kind of sociopath would do this?! They come numbered for a reason!
                    I’ve actually started my son doing this, although on his smaller sets. If you are in no great rush to complete it, I think it adds some perverse enjoyment to the build process.

My son is at a stage where he can put together smaller sets in about 30 mins. When some of the small sets retail for £25+, I want to make sure I’m getting my money's worth!

Comment

Add challenge by throwing a couple of scorpions into the bags.

Comment

My GB Firehouse bricks are semi-mixed, it's why the first floor is taking so long... I kind of like it though. I mixed the Ultimate Batmobile parts too when I build that, freaky when you need to find that one small piece amongst thousands and start to panic that it isn't there but that's Hardcore Lego for you

Comment

My son has "improved" his Nexo Knights roving base thing by adding a load of parts to it.
                          It's got a load of superhero heads on it now, so it looks like it's being driven by Thanos or something.

I don't know if we could build something like that crane.
                          He picks up about 5 pieces and makes his own thing and starts playing with it. It drives me crazy.

My 2 y/o daughter keeps breaking my F-40, so I've had to move it out of her reach.

Seriously, these kids don't know how to play with toys properly!

For his birthday, we put a Lego table in my son's room.
                          He's got a raised bed with a play area underneath, so we put in a table with build mats and some little spice racks from IKEA on the wall that have buckets for all the Lego pieces.

He's actually started playing with it more because he doesn't have to clear it away mid-creation.

Comment

Check these out. Someone has made a fantastic Lego KITT and the BttF DeLorean and stuff: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150644950@N04/

Comment

I've still no idea how people come up with the original stuff, it's so complex. Lego need to take another look at the DeLorean themselves, the only one they've done is pretty poor.

Comment

There's currently 25% off the 42083 Bugatti Chiron at John Lewis and Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                X