Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assumed we'd get a complete collection but instead its season by season releases. Next week, 28th August, Telltale will be releasing The Walking Dead: Season One on NS in a bundle that includes 400 Days. The port is based on last years updated version of the game. Later this year Telltale will release Season Two and Season Three as well, presumably it can be taken as a given that Michonne and Season 4 will come next year also.

Comment

The first ep of Season 4 (the final season) is already on Switch in the US as far as I know.

Comment

I never made it past Episode 1 of Season 2 so this is one of those rereleases that are quite handy for me. I don't think I have the interest to replay S1 but these are the kind of games that languish in my PC backlog so I may bite

Comment

I played them all on iPad. I really like them but I found they get really inconsistent and never deliver what the first season does. I’d be half tempted to go again though. But I’d want to know what the performance is like on Switch. Their janky engine doesn’t always run well.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Looks utterly soulless compared to eh original.
            In fairness, those high-res games always look bad in still images. Sometimes when moving at a good framerate, if the VFX is well-animated, they can look pretty good.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Also a port of Phantasy Star as part of the NS line of Sega Ages releases
            My heart leapt for a moment but it's one of the original PS games; I'm still waiting for the Switch to get a port of Phantasy Star Online - it'd be perfect. Then again we're getting Diablo III.

Originally posted by Kyser View Post
            How do you guys feel about Diablo 3 coming to the Switch? Is anyone going to actually play that?
            I actually kinda want it, because for as long as I can remember, I've wanted an MMORPG on a platform with the Switch's portability. Now, Diablo III isn't an MMORPG but it's the closest I've seen for a while, putting aside the Vita PSO2 which never got a western release.

The only problem, again, is price. It's the same situation as Hyrule Warriors. They've announced in the USA that Diablo III is going to be $59.99, which I believe is top-drawer for Switch titles over there, which means it'll probably end up being £47 in the UK. Blizzard will probably try to defend this by saying "it has both the expansions" and that's "cheaper" given that fact but as someone who has yet to buy the game, those don't have worth to me (I would much prefer it didn't have the expansions and was £20 cheaper!) - so from my perspective, it's a port of a port (PC>console versions>Switch version) but is being sold for more money than it originally cost. Putting aside that I already have the base game on PS3...

But they've promised it's 60fps even in portable mode, and that the entire game is on the cart, with no patches or downloads required. Those two features are tempting me to pull the trigger on that one as I tend to favour games like that.

Comment

£50 for a Diablo 3 port? Year good luck with that.

Comment

Holy moly! £70 for another pair of JoyCons!

I'm going away with family and I was going to get another controller so all the kids could play Kirby together, but they can bloody take turns!

EDIT:
                Are any pads in the £20 to £30 range any good?

Last edited by QualityChimp; 22-08-2018, 09:36.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I'm going away with family and I was going to get another controller so all the kids could play Kirby together, but they can bloody take turns!

EDIT:

No gyro.

Even with gyro I wouldn't go near any of those.

At least with a pair of joy-con it's like two controllers in one.

Comment

Agreed. The price seem a bit steep, but definitely the better investment. Worth saving that bit extra for. I plan on it too for 4 way MK.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

EDIT:

Hori pad from Argos or Sainsbury for <£20 feels excellent IMO.

Comment

This one http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6844978
                        which is actually £23 in Argos but last time I looked in Sainsbury it was £18

Comment

Thanks Brad.
                          I might tray and pop into Sainsburgs later.

Comment

Apparently £15 in Asda, if you fancy slumming it?

Saino's is probably worth the extra £3...

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                              Grandia+Grandia 2 HD Remaster announced at PAX West, coming on Switches and PCs near you. No release date yet.
                              Between that, Taiko No Tatsujin and all the good shmups on the system I can see me buying a Switch before the year is out...

Comment

Psyvariar soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X