No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aah, will do, I was looking for some fast paced action to start me off but VR Luge in particular made me feel awful.

I had a look in the manual and online to see if I could understand what the comfort settings were but couldn’t really understand how to adjust them. Are they individual settings for each game (do all games have them), or are they a general setting for the system? If I could play about with them, I’m thinking it might help.

Comment

Making vr games not make you sick is an art. Crates have not mastered this so do not play Robinson. The luge game and rigs are also both bad culprits. Wipeout is stunning but may make you incredibly sick initially.

Comment

Got the Persistence and a free evening tonight. Very excited to try this one out!

Comment

I tried this on a friend's PS4 last week, for the first time. Before that I'd only tried Oculus Rift at TGS in Japan.

My god it was mind blowing. I haven't been this amazed with games since I was a small kid and my friend showed me his bootleg Famicom, allowing games to be played IN YOUR HOME.

Played Moss, which was fantastic. A magical experience. I kept craning my head to view around the structures. Loved the attitude of the little mouse too. Like a fairytale book come to life. I genuinely have never experienced anything like that before. Think about it, you're able to poke your head into the living quarters of tiny anthropomorphic mice in a forest setting, while interacting with their world. It's like a Ghibli film in real life.

Also played Resident Evil 7, though once I discovered a small pile of rusted tins in the kitchen, I basically spent the next 20 minutes knocking them over, rolling around in them, pushing them about the room, and generally playing with the physics. Bit disappointed that when I left the kitchen and returned later, the pile of tins had reformed themselves / reset to their original position. The head tracking was very convincing, and the sense of "being there" was Earth shattering. I kept thinking: "I'm not really here though, am I? I'm actually sitting in my friend's lounge, and this is all fictional."

To be honest, even with the low resolution, and the lack of force feedback, and the fact I was sitting in a chair, and couldn't see my real hands, this was so immersive, so lifelike, so convincing, that I feel certain in the next 10 to 20 years we'll have VR which is indistinguishable from reality. It's a bit frightening actually.

Also played some robot sports game and Wipeout, but the above two were the standout moments.

This really did feel like the future.

EDIT:
          I see Moss is on PC. Nice! I have quite a powerful gaming rig (built for Witcher 3) - which VR solution is recommended for PC owners? There seems to be a few out there. Feel free to link to other threads / reading material.
          Last edited by Sketcz; 27-07-2018, 07:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            I see Moss is on PC. Nice! I have quite a powerful gaming rig (built for Witcher 3) - which VR solution is recommended for PC owners? There seems to be a few out there. Feel free to link to other threads / reading material.
            HTC Vive. I'm waiting for some new headsets before jumping in, however.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              HTC Vive. I'm waiting for some new headsets before jumping in, however.
              Yeah ditto. My jump-point is wireless.

I'm going to get a PSVR but that's quite cheap. I'd happily spend a fair whack on a wireless VR headset that's good quality.

Comment

Aren't there data bandwidth problems with wireless headsets?

I'd prefer wired. I'm concerned about cancer dangers from wireless signals close to one's person (I never hold my mobile phone close to my head, ever).

Comment

Its a bit crap at the moment, I had a play with a TPcast system and its wasn't brilliant. It doesn't do audio without messing about with it.
                  Added to that you need to have power packs which are more of a pain than a cable.

Comment

The Persistence review - a tense Sci-Fi Roguelike that's perfect for VR

"The Persistence is an ideal purchase for VR horror fans. It's obvious a lot of care and attention to detail has gone into crafting the experience, and the deep, Roguelike elements mean that it offers way more in terms of gameplay than your average PSVR title.

Simply put, if you can brave your way through first few hours you'll find your persistence pays off and you'll be rewarded with a fantastic addition to your VR library."

Comment

Finally took the plunge yesterday and picked One up * insert mind blown gif * awesome .

Comment

No room to set mine up at moment but soon as I can I'm getting that persistence game! Welcome newcomers!

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] - The Persistence is excellent. I will try and write some thoughts when I've seen more of it!

Comment

PSVR is one luxury too far according to the wife, and she's probably right, but I still like to hear about your experiences with it, gang!

Comment

Aye, but to be fair, I remember you saying that current gen consoles were a luxury too far..............

Comment

Yeah, but I've only got a PS4 Pro, Xbox One a Switch and a Vita...

Maybe I should keep asking and she'll crumble!

Comment

Working...
                                X