This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    I’m fed up with getting emails from eBay and Amazon reminding me that the item I viewed is still available. Just because I looked at something doesn’t warrant two or three follow-up marketing messages.
    I was thinking the same thing earlier! funny how that works great, but saved search alerts rarely work...

Comment

And then when I finally decide to put together my new telly stand I find that one of the four bolts that connects the base to the main column is 5mm too short. Seriously, there’s four ****ing bolts, someone had one basic job....

Sonorous

Comment

app for t iPad is ****.
        Are you from t'Yorkshire?

Comment

Sonorous
          Award for Most Creative Use of the Word Sonorous/Most Amusing Autocorrect of the Day So Far goes to...

Comment

Only day this week and in the last 2 weeks I am working where I should be, not too bad a day but some really crazy patients in!

Have a bad stomach all afternoon, go to tescos and have nightmare getting their parking ticket system to work whilst begger next to me won’t leave me alone, I just left it in the end. Am blocked in car park and have to reverse in odd way to get out which I get beeped at which I hate. Get home only to find I’ve locked myself out and the bloke is in the next town playing D&D which is an arse to get to as by the time I get there he’ll be on his way back. Dinner for tonight thawed out so chucked it and ate tomorrow’s pasta salad lunch I’d just got instead in the car as I decided to just wait/ read here.

Managed to get my manga art book from eBay out my postbox only to find it’s not an att book but a larger print of the manga in Japanese! Being eaten alive by bugs as windows are open watching the other half cycle home on live location app on WhatsApp.

Not the best of days.

EDIT- I have now been rescued. Had a Tescos delivery guy give me stink eye for being sat in my car rather than moving on so he could park (nighmare to park here plus even if I wanted to give him more room I couldn's as he had blocked me in) plus a couple passing me giving me evil eyes why I am just sat in my car on my phone.

At least I can use the loo now!
            Last edited by Blobcat; 25-07-2018, 20:39.

Comment

And then when I finally decide to put together my new telly stand I find that one of the four bolts that connects the base to the main column is 5mm too short. Seriously, there’s four ****ing bolts, someone had one basic job....

Sonorous
              I bought a CPU fan once and when I received it I couldn't install it. Then I found out every single one they manufactured had been supplied with the wrong sort of clamps I think. It was from a good firm and I couldn't believe it.

Comment

Flies. Satan's Own. Literally 'little things that irk you'. Been doing well so far but flies like mad this week, probably killed thirty the last two days, still clocked nine in the kitchen and two annoying ones in my bedroom.

Worst thing is I've got tendonitis in my good arm and I'm normally a flycatching ninja but every swipe brings stiffness and immense pain.

The Devil's own bastards.

Comment

Sorry, I take that back. THREE in the bedroom goddamit, got window open cos dogs die in hot cars.

How can I win? Investing in fly paper tomoz!

Comment

I impressed the dentist with slapping a big mozzie in my hands as there were no chop sticks about, followed by 2 wasps in a cup later.

NO ONE wants a wasp/ fly about when you have a patient with an open mouth about..

At home I have a plastic electrified mini tennis racket I borrowed from my mum when she moved house. It kind of works (especially with moths) but the flies get bad here, just can't have the windows open now.

Comment

Work burnout.

Comment

The heat!

Comment

Flies are not a problem for us, the cat sorts em all out, spends all day on fly hunt duty. Inside and outside.

Comment

Heh, yeah the other half's cats have a good go at leaping and swiping anything that buzzes...

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                            At home I have a plastic electrified mini tennis racket I borrowed from my mum when she moved house. It kind of works (especially with moths) but the flies get bad here, just can't have the windows open now.
                            Future MiL has one of those, never seen her use it mind...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

New collegue for the first time ever finishes pretty much on time for lunch...Yay

Little git tries to get me to call a load of patients "now that i'm free" into spaces we HAVE to keep free incase of emergencies as he doubts he needs them...boo

First of all, for once, I'm having my lunch, I am clearly eating and would like to have more than a random 20 mins in the afternoon that I have had to do the past 2 weeks. Secondly, I am NOT free, I am busy TRYING TO EAT and Thirdly, there are gaps there for a reason. He alone is covering for 5 dentists today for emergencies and tomorrow for 7. Sure only 1 has booked in time but there is plenty of time to do treatment for exams today if needed or, more likely run over by 20 minutes for a 10 minute appointment like you ALWAYS do.

Yes I will try and move a few along but as I said to him i'll do it after lunch as I am clearly eating here!

He's being a knob. This week has felt like forever (very quiet between the mayhem.) Tomorrow is going to be horrible I just know it!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                                The heat!
                                How hot? 39C here in Shanghai today.

Comment

Working...
                                X