No announcement yet.

Has buying retro died on Bordersdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could always sell your fancy Akai Katana and get a 360 copy for a fiver!

Guess that wouldn't cover a deposit in Laandan though.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Could always sell your fancy Akai Katana and get a 360 copy for a fiver!

Guess that wouldn't cover a deposit in Laandan though.

Exactly! London is stupidly expensive. You need to have a massive deposit and a massive salary. I don't think I can even buy a "cheap" 1 bedroom unless I did a joint mortgage with the wife.

As for selling the limited Katana kit, I was thinking about this recently. I don't think I could sell my CAVE kits unless the family was starving. I already sold them all 10 years ago and it was a nightmare getting them back mint and complete. I'd rather get rid of everything else first.

Comment

It's different but I've yet to power up my CPS3 and I'm already thinking of selling it. Third Strike is a game I love, but not one I want to commit to these days. There are pocket scenes around but I really don't have time for that and beating people who've barely played is empty. I feel like fighting games are kinda over really tbh...

Just gotta assemble an RGB cable for my supergun and make sure it all works I suppose! Think I'm just rambling really... <<

Comment

I must admit that I was very much looking into getting a CPS3 set up with a Darksoft cart and SCSI2SD... then, after much contemplation in the bathtub, I concluded that’s an obscene amount of cash to spend just to play Third Strike. It’s not like I’m a pro player or anything, I’m sure the PS4 port will do me just fine.

Comment

Third strike runs superbly on the pi, through final burn (as does warzard, jojos etc). Throw in RGB-pi to crt and an arcade stick and it’s a very cheap way to accurately play CPS III games.

Comment

Meh, I have ShmupMAME on my desktop. Good enough

Comment

I often wonder if the site name change is partly to blame (I'm well aware that was unavoidable!). I seem to remember quite a few people dropping off. Seems quite of few members also sell a fair amount on eBay now - oh for the days when there was no 'eBay links' section
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Thinking of dedicating a Capcom cute to third strike. I need a cps1 to cps2/3 KH adapter though..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    Thinking of dedicating a Capcom cute to third strike. I need a cps1 to cps2/3 KH adapter though..
                    Fancy picking up a Cute, might try and track one down soon rather than wait 'til they hit stupid, stupid money! Especially with supplies of Dino Kings starting to dry up.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                      Fancy picking up a Cute, might try and track one down soon rather than wait 'til they hit stupid, stupid money! Especially with supplies of Dino Kings starting to dry up.
                      Problem is once you play on the Cute, you won't want to play on a Dino 4 inches make a big difference

My ones are slowly approaching 3.5K a piece after 2 years of work. Chassis recap, new 18" tube, recapped PSU, full respray, NOS overlay on the CP etc. My advice is to find a nice one so that you don't end up spending a fortune doing it up!

Forgot to mention the time spent obsessively watching yahoo! auctions for the spare parts.
                      Last edited by Zaki; 03-07-2018, 22:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        Problem is once you play on the Cute, you won't want to play on a Dino 4 inches make a big difference

My onces are slowly approaching 3.5K a piece after 2 years of work. Chassis recap, new 18" tube, recapped PSU, full respray, NOS overlay on the CP etc. My advice is to find a nice one so that you don't end up spending a fortune doing it up!

Forgot to mention the time spent obsessively watching yahoo! auctions for the spare parts.
                        Don't think I've actually seen another since the one with the dent :/

Comment

Where exactly do you & [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION] find these cabs?

AO is all but dried up for people selling & Ebay is useless

New House Has outside brick shed that will be getting power shortly & potential to be man den
                          not really interested in having old consoles anymore but have wanted a cab since forever & finally might be able to achieve a gaming grail if I find one for reasonable pennies

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Where exactly do you & [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION] find these cabs?

AO is all but dried up for people selling & Ebay is useless

New House Has outside brick shed that will be getting power shortly & potential to be man den
                            not really interested in having old consoles anymore but have wanted a cab since forever & finally might be able to achieve a gaming grail if I find one for reasonable pennies

Neil
                            I bought 2 of the Egrets from my mate. The third one I traded an Aero City + cash for.

I imported all of the others from Japan. Problem is shipping is a killer. I paid RKLOK (cab importer) in the Netherlands to import them into Europe and pallet ship them to the UK.

It was a bit of a ball ache tbh, especially replacing the 18" tubes. Cabs still get sold/traded in the UK, every now and then. I think [MENTION=140]Super Monkey Balls[/MENTION] was one of the first guys in the UK to import Candy cabs
                            Last edited by Zaki; 03-07-2018, 22:20.

Comment

I often wonder if the site name change is partly to blame (I'm well aware that was unavoidable!). I seem to remember quite a few people dropping off. Seems quite of few members also sell a fair amount on eBay now - oh for the days when there was no 'eBay links' section
                              Possibly. The name change not only sounds weak to me but doesn't explain what the forum is about. It doesn't really feel like an import site anymore, either, although that's not really the site's fault.
                              With regards to eBay, it's all about reaching a wider audience. More people means more potential sales.

Comment

The entire Retro market isn't what it used to be. I noticed CEX is diving back in and though I'm out of touch with retro valuations and how they're arrived at £185 for Frogger on the Gamecube seems ludicrous.

Comment

Working...
                                X