This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Not working from home today then! Ha ha ha!

It irks me when people don't use hashtags properly.
    Instead of writing a sentence, they'll write a load of hashtags and usually something either really vague or something nobody would ever search for.

"Holiday!
    #holiday #plane #2018 #coulda #written #this #as #a #sentence #but #using #ridiculous #amounts #of #hashtags #crazyholssuziecarpethelicopter"
    I’ve had to sign up to Twitter this week for my new business, as seemingly having all these social media things are essential. I definitely don’t know what to do with it though, especially the hash tag thing. I’m old

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      I’ve had to sign up to Twitter this week for my new business, as seemingly having all these social media things are essential. I definitely don’t know what to do with it though, especially the hash tag thing. I’m old
      Basically, the hashtag is a way of searching things, so if you're looking for other tweets about a subject you'll find them easier.

I don't mind when people use one or two tags as a joke:
      "Just found a fiver #winning"

It's when people use loads of tags when they could have just constructed a sentence that irks me:
      "Wow! #fiver #foundonfloor #finderskeepers #losersweepers #verylucky #boughtsomewaterwithit #queensheadonit"

Comment

I don't understand it either Colin, if I started a business I wouldn't be bothering with all that stuff, I might have a website at a push but if you want to complain - write to me.

Comment

I have the same reaction to multiple hashtags as I do to ebay auctions with titles like 'iPhone case Android 5S Asus IBM'.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            I have the same reaction to multiple hashtags as I do to ebay auctions with titles like 'iPhone case Android 5S Asus IBM'.
            It's like the "one size fits all" condoms I bought from Nigeria.

I should never have opened that diplomat's email.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Not working from home today then! Ha ha ha!
              How did you know?!

Had a pit stop on the Bakerloo line today.

Horrible, sweaty arm pit whacked into my face when the driver abruptly stopped. I wanted to scrub my face with brillo!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                Had a pit stop on the Bakerloo line today.

Horrible, sweaty arm pit whacked into my face when the driver abruptly stopped. I wanted to scrub my face with brillo!

Comment

So some russian scumbag has created an epic games account using my email address. I've changed my password, went on to the Epic account and added a stupidly difficult password in place of theirs, anything else I should do? I looked at the Epic games forum and it seems like any requests to delete accounts just get ignored. At least it looks as if there have been no purchases made on Epic's site yet.

Comment

So some russian scumbag has created an epic games account using my email address. I've changed my password, went on to the Epic account and added a stupidly difficult password in place of theirs, anything else I should do? I looked at the Epic games forum and it seems like any requests to delete accounts just get ignored. At least it looks as if there have been no purchases made on Epic's site yet.
                    Ha, I've been getting those emails for some months now. Jolly good fun. :/

Comment

I have been getting the same thing. I wonder what's going on with it.

Comment

Have you enabled 2 factor authentification?

Comment

Seems like there is precisely nothing a hacker or anyone else could do with an Epic Games account using my email address. So I initially thought it was some sort of phishing scam and ignored it.

Comment

I keep missing subbing jobs as I can't feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              I keep missing subbing jobs as I can't feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.
                              Mount it under your bollocks.

I know the feeling, though. Sometimes the phone just vibrates when the fabric of the pocket isn't touching my leg or chest or wherever.

Comment

That's not a great idea for someone who already has sperm motility issues. I'm going to put the ringer back on after 6pm instead i think.

Comment

Working...
                                X