Classic game collections you’d like to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic game collections you’d like to see

What classic game series collections would you like to see on modern consoles? No remakes or remasters, just the original games as they were, but in HD...

As shockingly **** as Konami are now, I’d like a Castlevania Collection from the days when the company were good: all the NES, Gameboy and SNES games along with the Megadrive and PC Engine games.

A Sega racers collection would be good. I know licensing issues would probably prevent it but having the likes of Virtua Racing, Sega Touring Cars, Sega Rally, Outrun 2 SP, Daytona, Scud Race, etc all on one disc/download would be amazing.

With all the games that get re-released these days, it's a shame that some of these racers seem to have been lost in the mists of time.

Comment

A Sega racing collection would be great. Sega stuff in general would be really welcome tbh. A Panzer Dragoon collection for example or complete Shining Force collection. This will never happen but a complete Sakura Taisen collection translated into English with a physical release would be incredible. And you know what? **** it, every Super Robot Wars game ever released, in English.

On the western side I'd like to see a lot of Psygnosis released stuff. Rollcage 1/2 for example and Colony Wars. With Rollcage they could use the PC releases and implement modern controller support.

Comment

Capcom and Konami's whole arcade range. A Squaresoft RPG collection too, any Sega Model 2 & 3 arcade games. Don't know what it is about Japanese companies, but they ignore so many of their older games.

Comment

Aside from the obvious id like to see a nex gen remaster of the Grandia series and based on the proper Sega versions too and not the crappy PS ports.

Also a Wipeout collection that features all of the original titles but with spruced up graphics.

And might as well have a Ridge Racer compilation too whilst you’re asking.

Comment

I'd love a TMNT collection, with NES and Gameboy games on it as well as the excellent SNES game.

Comment

I like the idea of the Sega Racing Collection, or perhaps even just an Outrun collection (Outrun, Turbo Outrun and Outrun SP would do for me).

I'd probably also enjoy some kind of Taito platformers collection. Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands (I realise we'll never get the original music again, sadly), PC Engine Parasol Stars, New Zealand Story, Liquid Kids, Bubble Symphony. All without the input lag and interlaced graphics of the PS2 ports!

It would be nice if some of these old classics were given the full M2 treatment with "arrange modes", loads of customisation, and on screen "gadgets" showing the inner workings, like you get with the ShotTriggers series.

Talking of which, I'd quite like a Dodonpachi/Do Donpachi Dai Ou Jou pack to go alongside the forthcoming Ketsui release.

Comment

SEGA Classic Model 2/3 Shooter Pack -

SEGA Classic Model 2/3 Racing Pack

SEGA Classic Model 2/3 Vs Fight Pacl

SEGA CHIHIRO Classic collection

Tatio F3 Classic Collection

RAIZING Classic Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  SEGA Classic Model 2/3 Shooter Pack -

SEGA Classic Model 2/3 Racing Pack

SEGA Classic Model 2/3 Vs Fight Pacl

SEGA CHIHIRO Classic collection

Tatio F3 Classic Collection

RAIZING Classic Collection
                  These would be mint. I'm sick of dodgy emulation.

Comment

Hmmm, how about a lovely crisp Gradius collection?

Scramble (1981) - Arcade
                    Gradius (1985) - Arcade
                    Salamander/Life Force (1986) - Arcade
                    Nemesis 2 (1987) - MSX/Sharp X68000
                    Gradius II (1988) - Arcade
                    Nemesis 3: The Eve of Destruction (1988) - MSX
                    Gradius III (1989) - Arcade
                    Nemesis (1990) - Game Boy
                    Gradius: The Interstellar Assault (1991) - Game Boy
                    Salamander 2 (1996) - Arcade
                    Gradius ReBirth (2008) - Wiiware
                    Gradius Gaiden (1997) - Playstation
                    Solar Assault (1997) Arcade
                    Gradius IV (1999) - Arcade
                    Gradius Advance (2001) - GBA
                    Gradius V (2004) - PS2

Curios:
                    Picadilly Gradius (1989) - Gambling Arcade
                    Gradius NEO (2004) - Mobile
                    Gradius ARC (2010) - Mobile tactical RPG
                    Gradius the Slot (2011) - Pachinko

Spin-offs
                    Parodius: The Octopus Saves the Earth (1988, MSX)
                    Parodius! From Myth to Laughter (1990, arcade)
                    Parodius! Deluxe Edition (2004, Mobile Phone, for Konami Net DX)
                    Fantastic Parodius - Pursue the Glory of the Past (1994, arcade)
                    Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius (1995, Super Famicom)
                    Sexy Parodius (1996, arcade)
                    Paro Wars (1997, PlayStation)
                    Otomedius G (Gorgeous!) (2008) - Xbox 360

Maybe some info on canceled games, or playable betas:
                    Vic Viper
                    Gradius 64
                    Gradius Wide
                    Gradius VI

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      I despair at the people at SEGA and TATIO. They have an amazing collection of Arcade classics that could make a mint as part of a classic collection. Even Sammy have some lovely ATOMISWAVE games that would make a great collection, I love to see Dolphin Blue and Rumble Fish make up a collection

Comment

Yes. It is weird that they don’t cash in those arcade chips as there are so many great titles that modern machines could run wonderfully.

Comment

I always wanted a PS2 Sega Ages Shinobi Collection, I’m really surprised it was never a thing. There were plenty of games to cover a collection, no scrimping with the likes of SDI and Quartet with this release.

I’d love a Sega Racing Collection too that focuses on some of their lesser known titles like Racing Hero and AB Cop. An arcade perfect OutRunners would be amazing to have.

But this is Sega we are talking about here, crushing disappointment is always expected.

Comment

I'd like an all encompassing collection for the 70's/80's from all the manufacturers so I'd get Galaxians, Asteroids, Defender, Mooncresta, Sheriff (think it was a Nintendo game) and so on all on one disk.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              I remember reading somewhere that a significant amount of piracy exists because it's just the best way to consume the media in question. As soon as the content providers give people what they want in the format of choice a lot of piracy disappears.

For example, iTunes did a lot to get rid of sites like Lime Wire. I think it's the same with football streaming sites. Why pay these huge subscriptions fees to get Sky Sports and BT Sport when they only show a few games of the team you support? If people could pay per game they probably would. If not, streaming is often the only option. Likewise, if I could pay to download decent quality remasters of classic games on a per game basis I'd ditch RetroPi in an instant.

Comment

Working...
                              X