Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

"He's been questioned by the police about muscle-touching nearly seventy times".

I first and last heard of Purple Aki back in '06. Jesus!
    He's an absolute legend in Liverpool. Everyone heard the stories at school, but we thought it was all bollocks. But no! He's real! And still squeezing dem biceps too, the ****ing nutter.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      After four years of sleeping on two single futons side-by-side, we've finally bought a mattress!

I do like futons and often when we go on holiday and stay at hotels, I won't enjoy the bed. With that in mind, we visited a bed fair late last year and found a really nice mattress called Air Loop. The middle layer is made from loads of recycled fishing line bunched up to make it springy. It felt really good but we moved and so kept the futons a while longer. My wife recently found out about Koala mattresses. It's an Australian company and offers a 120-day, 100% returns policy so we decided to try them. The mattress arrives vacuum packed and all you do is open it, let the mattress flop out and wait a little while. Also, you get a koala teddy bear in the box!

So far we've had two lovely nights' sleep and don't miss our futons(or the annoying gap in between). It's a queen size(170x195cm) and actually takes up a bit less room than the two single futons it replaced(180x205cm) despite feeling wider. Just need to buy a nice base as we're using it on the floor right now.
      Yeah they're really popular here. We ended up buying a similar mattress but competing brand called Ecosa. Really comfy mattress. Only reason we bought these us because we bought a king size bed and then realised a spring mattress doesn't fit up our narrow stairs. Having these mattresses come vacuum packed is a godsend.

Comment

How will you ever get it out again?

Comment

It's latex and foam so it bends in the middle, though at king size it's really heavy and hard to manage on my own...

Yes I wrote that to be exceptionally rude but point is these mattresses are more flexible than those with springs so you can bend them round corners rather easily. Funny thing is we measured the bed and checked it was flat packed for assembly and then the mattress arrived and we were like.... Fark!!!

Luckily the firm we bought through we great and we got a full refund so we started quickly looking at alternatives. Koala and Ecosa are top brands, there's a few more but these are great. Here's mine:

Memory Foam Mattreses engineered for better sleep. Our Gel-infused, high density memory foam moulds to your body to relieve pressure and helps you stay cool. Try Australia's best value luxury mattress.

Comment

Suns out, grass is cut, decking is painted, dogs walked and cold beer is ready!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              It's latex and foam so it bends in the middle, though at king size it's really heavy and hard to manage on my own...
              That's great!

However, for research purposes, when you try and take it out the house again, could you film it?
              And maybe add The Spanish Flea as backing music?

Comment

I've just remembered the Under Defeat HD boxart looks like she's holding a ventriloquist dummy:

Comment

Today the guys at work were talking about football. I was like Moss out of IT Crowd

Comment

I just played "Making a cake" in Roblox. I turned myself into a cake. And then got eaten. And then went all poo coloured out the other end. Best game ever. So much trippy.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Well dam good luck to you buddy. Drop me a pm if you need a good accounting firm.
                      Or taste testers!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        That's great!

However, for research purposes, when you try and take it out the house again, could you film it?
                        And maybe add The Spanish Flea as backing music?

Ours can go straight out a door and dropped off a balcony so none of that hilarity. Even with it bending it weighs a fair bit.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          Koala and Ecosa are top brands, there's a few more but these are great. Here's mine:

http://www.ecosa.com.au/mattresses.html
                          Oooh, those sizes are good! King size would’ve been perfect for me at 205cm long. I’m 185cm tall so my feet tend to start hanging off the end unless I push up against the pillow a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            He's an absolute legend in Liverpool. Everyone heard the stories at school, but we thought it was all bollocks. But no! He's real! And still squeezing dem biceps too, the ****ing nutter.
                            Got any stories??!!! Found this really fascinating (and disturbing) when I first heard about this 'legend' in '06, I assumed the guy would've inevitably been apprehended for his actions...but seemingly not.

Like, this weird tw@t has been "at large" in that twelve year intervening period. Can't get my head around it.

Damn, guy never seemed to use physical violence but he caused a guy to run out and die on a traintrack.

Scary!!!

Comment

This one might put a smile on your face [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]. When I drove home yesterday I passed two of these travelling convoy style, both fully kitted out!

Comment

I would have been squealing like a girl!
                                That's brilliant!
                                I guess where they're going needs roads.

Comment

Working...
                                X