Advice from people who have sold their collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Oh, and a put a Sweep-o-Vac in the skirting for ultimate cool points!

Holy ****! I need one of these!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Holy ****! I need one of these!!
      I scoffed at my wife at the time, but it's genuinely useful.
      It's not forwarding the progression of mankind, but it's definitely handy, especially if you have little people around making a mess (or you drop a bowl and don't want anyone treading on broken crockery, which is what I did :/ )

Comment

Saw those at work, looks like a pretty grand idea to me!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Saw those at work, looks like a pretty grand idea to me!
          D'ya get discount?

Comment

I do actually. The ones we sell are £97 though, though they look basically the same as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
              At least 4 people need a blow job in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I scoffed at my wife at the time, but it's genuinely useful.
                It's not forwarding the progression of mankind, but it's definitely handy, especially if you have little people around making a mess (or you drop a bowl and don't want anyone treading on broken crockery, which is what I did :/ )
                Is it easy to empty?

Comment

I do think that we’re overwhelmed with ‘entertainment software’ though, the Apple and Android App Stores are overflowing with games, and I dread to think how many games release on Steam everyday... they’re bloody everywhere. And the worst thing is that most are complete rubbish that aren’t worth your time.

The last time that that people were overloaded with this much crap software it didn’t end well, or at least it didn’t for our American chums. Now, I’m not suggesting that we’re going to have a mass video game crash and everyone’s going to ditch their stupid touch screen phones (if only)... but it does make you wonder where it’s all going to end.

I just hate hate that video gaming has gone completely mainstream. I was much happier being a nerd buying Mean Machines to find out what NES games were good.

Comment

A very valid point. The sheer glut of titles that get released and all the various ways to play don't really inspire quality or creativity as its all became a race to the bottom now but that said gaming has gone mainstream and no longer the mainstay of young social reject, bedroom dwelling nerds who buy Mean Machines () and thus the money involved is at a whole different scale now.

That said I've only ever played the very best games as I simply can't see the point in sinking any hours into something crappy or a less than optimal title as a way of picking out the signal from the noise and this is one area in which Nintendo rules supreme as you know their 1st party releases will deliver perfectly each time although there are some other devs that are really cranking out good stuff these days as well.

Comment

Is it easy to empty?
                      Has a little bag in it for easy and hygienic emptying!

Comment

That thing is genius!

Comment

Wow, this thread really is a lover of tangents.

Comment

Tangents and more tangents, Still laughing. Been selling my collection slowly, will be keeping some stuff, selling other stuff, using the money for comic art instead, which IS going up in value in general, but not for investment purposes, because it want it.

At least 4 people need a blow job in this thread.
                            Are you offering to them? Do we get to find out who that is?
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Are you offering to them? Do we get to find out who that is?
                              Taking this to The Blue Room

All those who want to find out what happens next, subcribe to borders down!

#knickersDown
                              Last edited by Zaki; 10-06-2018, 22:48.

Comment

So that’s what yall get up to in there?

Comment

Working...
                                X