No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a Golf R for the day on test, bit of a weird one, can't really decide if I liked it or not. So laggy if you want to be lazy and leave in drive (DSG box) and numb, uncommunicative steering. In manual mode and when in the power band it did admittedly go like stink mind you. Digging the nav in the dash thingummy.

Comment

Disappointed, I always thought of you as a man above a monkey smoker.

Comment

Much vrooomings were had this evening!
        Crosstrek took us out for a spin

Comment

Cool. Which engine did you get?

Comment

2018 Crosstrek Sport in "Quartz Blue Pearl"

Comment

Just picked up a set of gold alloys for the scooby. Pics next week when I get a chance to fit

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Just picked up a set of gold alloys for the scooby. Pics next week when I get a chance to fit
                  Jesus wept ;-)

I understand that gold alloys are right and proper on a Subaru but I never understood the appeal.

Comment

Says the guy who likes fake exhausts and fake engine noises

Comment

Parp!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Says the guy who likes fake exhausts and fake engine noises
                        Don't try to understand me
                        I don't remember ever saying I liked fake exhausts though (doesn't mean I didn't mind).

Comment

Girlfriend has chopped her car in for something that will allow her soon-to-be 17 year old daughter to learn to drive in, whilst simultaneously planning for when she can return to driving something else in a couple of years time. So...

Goodbye 2.0 litre Audi A4 S-Line, Hello 1L, 3 cylinder Suzuki Celerio! 0-60 in under 14 seconds! Plus side is no road tax and just over £40 to fill it up vs the £70 of the Audi.

Comment

14 seconds? Do you have enough road to get to 60?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Jesus wept ;-)

I understand that gold alloys are right and proper on a Subaru but I never understood the appeal.
                              I like gold alloys on a dark blue Subaru. For the price I got them it was basically theft.

17"Oz Superturismos with a matching set of Kumho Ecsta SPT (hardly used) for £300. New all that would be £1000 upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                I like gold alloys on a dark blue Subaru. For the price I got them it was basically theft.

17"Oz Superturismos with a matching set of Kumho Ecsta SPT (hardly used) for £300. New all that would be £1000 upwards.
                                There was a metallic green one near my work (may have posted a pic at the time) and the gold alloys on that REALLY suited it. I still didn't like it overall (my tastes are too conservative probably) but as a pure colour combo it was wicked.

Comment

Working...
                                X