Decent 4 player Co-op shooters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent 4 player Co-op shooters?

Looking to do some 4 player mission based co-op with friends. Not really been on the lookout for one. We did some GTA V but we're looking for something else. For PS4.

Was looking at Far Cry 5, but then I realised it's 2 player only.

All ideas welcome...

https://co-optim.us/1jSG0Ls
    Co-Optimus have some good suggestions

Comment

nice. Hard to tell if they're decent. Plus there's loads!

Comment

You can add some extra filters and group it by user score or their score:
        4 player FPS - https://co-optim.us/2pEiY2U

Top 10 user-rated games:
        Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
        Primal Carnage: Extinction
        Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
        Killing Floor 2
        Call of Duty: Ghosts
        Battleborn
        Homefront: The Revolution
        Killzone: Shadow Fall
        Evolve

Top Top Co-Optimus-rated games:

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
        Evolve
        Shadow Warrior
        Battleborn
        Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
        Battlezone
        Space Hulk: Deathwing
        Call of Duty: WWII
        Call of Duty: Ghosts
        Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Comment

I'd be inclined to suggest Ghost Recon Wildlands - as a fairly recent game. Certainly worth googling and lots of opinions in the thread over at RLLMUK. I've enjoyed it in single player but it does get repetitive. However I can imagine that in co-op - it's much better. I feel it's a usual Ubisoft collectathon, but definitely gave me vibes of GTA in places. Vechicles are fun, and it's a solid third person shooter with a massive open-world. Given how Far Cry 5 is being criticised for not recording the second player's progress, it seems Ghost Recon Wildlands got this aspect spot on for most people.

Springs to mind as it's from the same publisher as FC5.
          Last edited by Digfox; 26-03-2018, 11:19.

Comment

Destiny's raids are good fun, 6 players working together over the course of an evenings to defeat a number of tasks and bosses, never been done before or as well since. The only issue, its a game that destroys friendships and brings out the very worst in people. The raids are amazing but have a habit of turning people into arseholes.

What I've seen multiple times across a number of groups is people you'd been raiding with and helping with nightfall's for months start becoming cliques and only raiding with certain people, (those they deem to be the best players) and suddenly a whole group of people are not deemed worthy to raid with, I've been on both sided of this both included and excluded, and its the issue with the actual raids themselves and thier time investment. One mistake from any one in that 6 and its back to the start, you could be 15 minutes into the encounter and minutes away from victory multiple times and have it snatched from you. It's this that breeds resentment among players have a bad night and its not just your evening your spoiling its everyone else's.

That aside the gun play is some of the best in a shooter I've ever seen, the weapons are constantly inventive and the mechanics of raids when you get them can be extremely rewarding, the kudos of getting that high rank Armour and weapons in D1 would mean you got pestered in the social areas and it was a good feeling to be top of the pile.

Comment

I've been looking through those Co-Optimus suggestions.

I've not played, but am interested in Diablo 3 (like an updated Gauntlet), Borderlands (fancy graphics), Killing Floor 2 (a bit like Left 4 Dead), 7 Days to Die (Zombie Minecraft) and Alienation (Housemarque twin-stick shooter).

I've played 5 mins of Helldivers (bought it in the PS sale last week) and it's cross play PS4 and Vita.

It's obvious that I would say it but aside from MH:W, the best co-op experience I've had on the PS4 is Earth Defense Force 4.1.
              The beauty of EDF is that the different roles compliment each other and you can buff each other or assist where another class is weak.
              Air Raider drops a shield and attack buff, Ranger snipes his Lysander Z, Wing Diver flies to save downed team mates and the Fencer zips around tanking hith his hammers.
              Each mission completed drops lots of extra weapons and armour ups, so you feel some progression and there's about 100 missions with 5 difficulties, all offering a new challenge - Inferno difficulty is nuts!

You get a proper thrill sussing out how to defeat the ever-evolving enemies and trying different weapon combos until you can take the relentless onslaught of insects, arachnids and other nasties down.

We've had some serious B-Movie action snatching victory from the mandibles of defeat!

Comment

Would Attack on Titan 2 fit the bill, hudson?

Comment

That does look pretty good, but let's see how it reviews. And I would certainly prefer the Switch version.

Comment

okay as my friends are not big on fantasy, so the more real world looking stuff. Sorry I should have stated.

Comment

The Division

Comment

I know it gets slated, but I really enjoyed Battleborn.

Comment

I was reading about Warhammer Vermintide being a top notch Left 4 Dead clone which is heavy praise indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            okay as my friends are not big on fantasy, so the more real world looking stuff. Sorry I should have stated.
                            EDF is the real world! EDF is life!

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you looking for a campaign co-op or just team modes?
                            I think a CoD game is probably your way forward.

If you were on the One, there's always the classic Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              real world 4 player co-op surely rainbow six siege would be your go to game, its launch was a bit shaky but its built up a massive following and all the issues surrounding it have been fixed and patched out.

Comment

Working...
                              X