Sega Mega Drive Collection for PC, PS4, and Xbox One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Mega Drive Collection for PC, PS4, and Xbox One

Same old stuff however I’m in for Revenge of Shinobi and a few others. Hopefully with some nice scanline options?

The collection features over 50 retro classics injected with modern features, such as online multiplayer, achievements, mirror modes, rewind, and save states. You can check the lineup out on megadriveclassics.com, when the site is working.

Sega is coming right for your childhood, releasing the Sega Mega Drive Collection on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in May.

• Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    • Alien Soldier
    • Alien Storm
    • Altered Beast
    • Beyond Oasis
    • Bio-Hazard Battle
    • Bonanza Bros.
    • Columns
    • Columns III: Revenge of Columns
    • Comix Zone
    • Crack Down
    • Decap Attack
    • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
    • Dynamite Headdy
    • ESWAT: City Under Siege
    • Fatal Labyrinth
    • Flicky
    • Gain Ground
    • Galaxy Force II
    • Golden Axe
    • Golden Axe II
    • Golden Axe III
    • Gunstar Heroes
    • Kid Chameleon
    • Landstalker
    • Light Crusader
    • Phantasy Star II
    • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium
    • Ristar
    • Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
    • Shining Force
    • Shining Force II
    • Shining in the Darkness
    • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    • Sonic 3D Blast
    • Sonic Spinball
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • Space Harrier II
    • Streets of Rage
    • Streets of Rage 2
    • Streets of Rage 3
    • Super Thunder Blade
    • Sword of Vermilion
    • The Revenge of Shinobi
    • ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
    • ToeJam& Earl
    • Vectorman
    • VectorMan 2
    • Virtua Fighter 2
    • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
    • Wonder Boy in Monster World

Pretty decent list though pricing and features will make or break it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      Pretty decent list though pricing and features will make or break it for me.
      There are some nice features, to be fair:
      • online multiplayer
      • achievements
      • mirror modes
      • rewind
      • save states

Comment

I hate the rewind feature on games. I never use it. It just takes away the challenge. Especially on racing games.

Comment

And mirror mode? What use is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            And mirror mode? What use is that?
            You can see what's down the other end of the road in Streets of Rage.

Comment

Seems it's just a re-release of the one already on Steam? As I'm pretty sure that's the exact list of games.

Comment

You don't have to use rewind!

When you just want to see a game to the end, it's really useful.
                I've caned loads of retro games that way, but it doesn't mean I'm not having fun!

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Seems it's just a re-release of the one already on Steam? As I'm pretty sure that's the exact list of games.
                "Players of Sega Mega Drive Classics on Steam will be treated to a free upgrade when it releases on May 29."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  "Players of Sega Mega Drive Classics on Steam will be treated to a free upgrade when it releases on May 29."
                  This actually worries me a bit. A while back they upgraded it so the games work in VR - it projects the game onto a virtual TV in a 3D 90s room, as if you were sitting on the floor in front of it. It was a cool idea in theory, but I recall it caused big problems. I don't remember precisely what they were, though. You could select an option to use the older interface instead, and I always use that.

The previous interface was simple but functional; I hope they don't break it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    I hate the rewind feature on games. I never use it. It just takes away the challenge. Especially on racing games.
                    Action/platformers, too. A big part of early gaming was the memorisation of stage patterns and enemy routines, and building your own memory bank which you then put into practice around the controls.

Rewind states throw all of that in the bin by becoming the ultimate Action Replay cheat solution. I'd personally rather save time, money, and effort watching someone else play on YouTube whilst I'm actually supposed to be working - because outside of work I'd be playing something I'm actually interested in enough to play properly and reap the rewards from.

Comment

They only added a handful of games from the 360/PS3 entry, which in turn only featured a handful more games than the PS2 predecessor.

I'll probably end up buying it but it's about time some shooters were featured, not even one Thunderforce game, deffo needs more games. And why is Virtua Fighter always on these??? Virtua Racing would be much nicer...and mean they'd made an effort with the emulation.

Comment

Sega are friggin lazy gits sitting on treasure chests of greats. I wish they would do something amazing and shark jumping like the Nintendo minis. Classic next generation with Saturn and the DC stuff. I'm not asking for mini consoles. Just PS4 content. Would probably be a nightmare to do?

Still buying this for the umpteenth time though! lol sigh lllllllaaaaaaazy
                        Last edited by hudson; 18-03-2018, 18:02. Reason: mega sentence

Comment

There’s probably no chance of licensing any of Technosoft’s IPs;

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                          Technosoft (also known as Tecno Soft and Techno Soft) was a Japanese video gamedeveloper that was active from 1980 to 2001. Technosoft as a corporation ceases to exist as its current incarnation is the internal research and development division of Twenty-One Company, the parent company that acquired Technosoft in 2001. Technosoft is currently referred to as Twenty-One Technosoft division
                          so no Blast Wind, Hyper Duel or indeed any of the Thunderforce series... I’d also like Gley Lancer, Gynoug and Twinkle Tale.

They’re never going to please everyone with one of these collections, but then the selection is tiny. Considering that it’s not hard to just go the emulation route and find the entire ROM set for free for older consoles. They need to be doing everything they can to attract the paying customer.

Comment

No interest in that lot, I have most of them already

Comment

Still all three Streets of Rage, you make a custom menu that removes everything else

Comment

Working...
                              X