No announcement yet.

Best option for MAME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured that would be the case. I just assumed that all these RGB devices take over the GPIO exclusively, prohibiting it from anything else.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
      I just assumed that all these RGB devices take over the GPIO exclusively, prohibiting it from anything else.
      Ballbags. That could be the case. I figured because he offers a stackable version that you'd be able to add other things on top like sound boards and controller inputs.

Comment

Oh yes, he does. Just thinking of how much power various bits would draw and what affect that would have on emulation.

Comment

I know this might all sound melodramatic, but I went to great lengths in order to get my laptop RetroArch setup down to one frame of unavoidable emulator latency. Not noticeable by me at all (however Wii Virtual Console latency, even over CRT, IS noticeable - I've not measured it but I guess it's in the region of five or six frames).

If I can get a Pi3 down to one frame as well I'll be super happy. I believe USB polling is around half a frame, so I should be able to live with that - meaning I'll never have to piss around with emulator settings ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
            Does it have to be GPIO? I haven't watched the video, but just a thought, but couldn't you just put the pi inside the stick base and build it around the USB controller out. If you pick up one of the cheap usb finger boards you can build it around that potentially - basically how everyone builds the usb Pi sticks on eBay, you just putting the unit inside the base rather than outside if that makes sense.
            it would a hard job getting that stick past the wife, dave. Its as obvious as a lit up xmas tree.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              it would a hard job getting that stick past the wife,.
              Carry On-style swanny whistle needed here.

Comment

Any thoughts on what lightgun to get, to take advantage of that genre on the rgb-pi. ta

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
                  Any thoughts on what lightgun to get, to take advantage of that genre on the rgb-pi. ta
                  Happy for someone to prove me wrong but I don't think there is one. I use a modded PS2 with a couple of Guncon 2s and all the best blasters on the HDD.

Comment

Posted in error

Comment

Ill do some digging, if I find a solution, I will be sure to post it in here

Comment

Well I had a disappointing email from the Pi Hut.

There was a failed delivery notice, and it got shipped back to them. I had to fork out 4 quid extra to have it re-delivered (via dpd) this time.
                        Im actually away so its not a problem for me in terms of timing, but there was ppl in to actually receive it. Bloody incompetence.

Comment

Ah well, at least you have one on the way.

I'm really looking forward to mine now. I've finalised everything I need/want, I just need to pick out a USB sound card.

I can't wait to play CPS-II and III stuff with a SNES controller. On a CRT.

Comment

Have you guys seen this?

RetroArch fast-forwarding games behind the scenes to reduce lag:

Comment

Perfect. The guy who does the input latency testing I keep linking to was hinting at something like this. Higan, the guy behind the most accurate SNES emu does not favour such techniques due to 'authenticity'.

._o

An absolute game changer in every sense of the word. I've got an hours work left then I'll be trying this out for myself. Hopefully the Pi can compute this trickery.
                              Last edited by dataDave; 19-04-2018, 18:31.

Comment

Wow, that is really impressive. If they can get the same feature implemented on the SNES Mini port then that would make it a very viable system for all round retro goodness as its a bit pants at the minute:

Comment

Working...
                                X