'New Gundam Breaker' Is Coming To Both PS4 And PC This Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'New Gundam Breaker' Is Coming To Both PS4 And PC This Summer

In an interesting move for the 'Gundam Breaker' series, the latest game will be getting a PC release along with a more traditional PS4 version this June.

"In an interesting move for the Gundam Breaker series, the latest game will be getting a PC release along with a more traditional PS4 version this June.

If you are unfamiliar with the Gundam Breaker games, these are third person brawlers not too dissimilar to the Dynasty Warriors series but with a much greater emphasis on mecha customization.

This is because the Gundam Breaker series is tied into the long tradition of gunpla and has you play as model kits that you rebuild from the parts of your recently slaughtered enemies.

The latest of these games is now simply known as New Gundam Breaker and has not only shifted its development to Unreal Engine 4 but now also support a PC release along with its PS4 version.

The game logo is also a subtle nod to the RX-93 Nu Gundam from Char’s Counterattack, as the styled “V” in the background is likely the Greek letter Nu.

That aside, the game will also come in two versions; a standard release and a Build G Sound Edition. The latter will include additional music from both Gundam Build Fighters and the previous Gundam Breaker games.

In addition, if you pre-order the game you will get a download code for a special “Its Name Is Super Fumina” mission (shown above), which will be available once a day. Upon completion of this mission, you will get a Fumina ticket that you can use to trade for parts you have not yet obtained.

In case you are not a familiar with Gundam Build Fighters Try, the SF-01 Super Fumina is a custom mobile suit controlled by Minato Sakai and built to resemble both Fumina Hoshino and her own RGM-237C Powered GM Cardigan.

The new trailer (shown below) also features the track Snatchaway by SKY-HI and it sounds pretty good actually.

New Gundam Breaker is released for both PS4 and PC on June 22."

Hmm, may even get a western Steam release if it's on PC. I haven't bought the prior ones as I heard they were Japan-only and quite heavy on the language comprehension (unlike some prior Gundam games like the Vs series and the Battle series), but I've heard good things.

Comment

JPN beta is out soon. I got the email about it t'other day.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You are probably mistaking it for Battle Operation 2, whose beta is set for April 20 and 21.

All I ask of this Gundam Breaker is to be like the second and not the third.

Comment

Think i'll skip this, i thought Breaker3 was up my street but i didn't enjoy slow menus/loading, building, grinding for parts and story just fell flat with a tournament of nobodies... i think would have preferred GW5 with named pilots and set suits with crazy moves. I should try going back to it but i really don't like the look of mashed up units i have available to me early in the game.

Comment

Working...
          X