Kung Fury - the Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kung Fury - the Movie

I would hazard a guess as say that most guys on this forum have seen this...

now it seems it's getting a "remake"
    If you're going to make a bonkers 1980s nostalgia-fest, this is how you cast it! Arnold Schwarzenegger has joined Michael Fassbender in the Kung Fury movie, inspired by the viral video tribute to 80s action movies.

With Fassbender and Schwarzenegger starring.
    how can they recreate what is a perfectly great "bad" movie?

This was my second Kickstarter after Sketz' book.

Although I love the short film, I felt pretty unloved as a backer.

I pledged $30 for the Blu-Ray release and they didn't do a VHS-style box as the suggested, it came over a year after the film was released, it's faulty and the sound doesn't work, I was expecting a film, not a short and it was released simultaneously on jeffin' YouTube, so basically everybody could watch it straight away.

The faulty BR issue is still ongoing, four years after the KS campaign finished.

Glad the concept is getting some traction, but unimpressed with how they handled the KS campaign.

Comment

I enjoyed it but not sure I'd have it in me to watch a full length movie of it. Not funny enough to be a comedy and not dramatic enough to hook on drama, it kind of landed somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        This was my second Kickstarter after Sketz' book.

Although I love the short film, I felt pretty unloved as a backer.

I pledged $30 for the Blu-Ray release and they didn't do a VHS-style box as the suggested, it came over a year after the film was released, it's faulty and the sound doesn't work, I was expecting a film, not a short and it was released simultaneously on jeffin' YouTube, so basically everybody could watch it straight away.
        Admittedly I backed it and I was surprised to see it show up on YouTube. When I paid, it was for exclusive access to the movie via Vimeo.

I don't begrudge it all that much though, because I was paying more for it to exist. I'm also kinda glad it's a short, too, because I'm not sure if the premise would stretch to a full movie.

Comment

If I'd have known what they were planning, I'd happily have let others pay for it to exist.

Comment

Bowling For Soup did the same with one of theirs. I backed their album and they put it on the Kerrang website (of all places) in full a week before backers got it. That's a great way to ensure fans steal your next album!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              Bowling For Soup did the same with one of theirs. I backed their album and they put it on the Kerrang website (of all places) in full a week before backers got it. That's a great way to ensure fans steal your next album!
              Don't take this the wrong way, but why would Bowling for Soup crowdfund something?

I dislike it when established acts do this. It's the same which big videogame companies do it. The whole point of being where they are is not having to do it.

Comment

I agree. It's like saying "I can do *anything*, they'll pay me".

I always hated that band name.

Comment

Bands that are past their heyday often do this. It's a good business model for bands with a small, but passionate fan base and no major label support.

I've had some good stuff from Pledge Music. Bowling for Soup aren't that big, these days. Besides everybody knows it should be Bowling for Burgers, with Chef Bernie:

Comment

Working...
                  X