Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    We played on Sunday night and agreed to do Teostra together on Monday. Sorry it took so long. You'd (quite understandably) quit out before we'd finished, but if you come on tonight, we'll get Nergigante done with you, @vanpeebles.
    Haha, it got past my bedtime so I snook off!

Comment

I farmed me two low rank Anjanath yesterday for their fangs. Only took an hour and a half. Now I've got me an entry-level Flammenkaefer rocking out a mighty 210 flame damage. That flying hamster dude in Coral Highlands apparently doesn't like flame so he's gonna get some. I am a god at this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        I was messing about with the build last night and via various resistance gems and a high defense armour set i can get it so he only takes off 50% health if he try's that novaflare ****
        I lose about 15% health.

Comment

That bloody Odogaron refuses to drop his gem.

Comment

Well I’ve got up to the wild spire wastes already and have farmed mats to get my poison hammer back, wooop. Now I’m outputting decent damage again I suppose I’ll get some armour, was still rocking the starter set until I got some random bits last doors just to beef myself up slightly.

Have to say as sad as it was loosing my progress, I haven’t minded one bit starting over, what a wonderful game in every way.

Comment

If I had to do it all again, I'd probably persevere with a different weapon. Maybe master a bow (I always seem to aim badly inverted or not) and push through to the High Rank quicker and get the better armour/weapons.

However, I wouldn't change how I played it first time. I've really enjoyed soaking in the levels, atmosphere and chipping away at the monsters within my comfort zone.

I've got the top leccy sword, so took on Legiana last night with a voucher and promise of two gold rewards, but there was one only one faint.
              I was doing well, being cautious and applying the Ice or Health Mantle to minimise damage and hiding to heal rather than push my luck.

Half way through, I get the "game difficulty adjusting for multiplayer" warning.
              I panicked, but it was [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] and his Mallet's Mallet.
              He was awl over the Legiana, but nearly died when he unnecessarily started on those feral palicos!
              Finished the mission and got the Legiana gem so I could get the top Ice sword.

After an initial setback on first go at Odogaron (dropped me right next to him, rather than the camp, so I didn't eat), we tried again and the ice sword has white level sharpness and that dirty dawg did not like it!

Gutted my game booted me on 'bowski's Nerg hunt and I missed the final carve!

Comment

I love how Capcom have manged to turn tracking into a fun and essential part of the hunt as well

Comment

top tip i found last night if your after rare parts, eat the lucky liquor plater which is compromised of just beer, it has no def health attack perks but if you use max potions this isn't an issue gives you a few unique perks.

lucky cat: gives you a fortune x6 perk that increase the chance of better rewards from a quest
                  felyn fat cat:Increases the amount of zenny you receive at the end of a quest.

the only issue is the activation chance is low as there is never any fresh beer, but if you use a meal ticket everyone in your group eats for free and it ups your activation chance to 100%

in addditon to this Wearing 3 parts of the Legiana gear gives you Legiana Blessing, which up your chance of better quest rewards.

If you want meal tickets get poogie on your side (pet him 4 times in a row once each after you come back from a quest) as long as you keep petting him he will greet you every time you come back, once he start to greet you when you come back he will also find you items, carry him up to the canteen and get him to sniff around your quest handler to get a meal ticket each time you come back form a quest.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    I love how Capcom have manged to turn tracking into a fun and essential part of the hunt as well
                    I was thinking about the fireflies yesterday. I remembered playing the demo think "what? hmm not sure about this."
                    But, now I think "thank goodness these things are in there!".

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      I was thinking about the fireflies yesterday. I remembered playing the demo think "what? hmm not sure about this."
                      But, now I think "thank goodness these things are in there!".
                      I was the opposite when I played the demo. It was a deff lightbulb moment and, why the heck didn’t they think of this before. I guess the answer to that was the areas weren’t big enough to worry about it before, given they were all had segmented load screens as well.

Now everything is seamless and one big world there was deff a need for a decent tracking system for each monster.

Comment

I like how they improve over time and you start off just looking for the prints, then they lead to the next one and finally you can track straight to the monster. You also get extra investigations and occasional item drops.

Ha, I deleted all the blue low rank investigations, then regretted it last night as I tried to hunt three Great Jagras for the weekly challenge! Luckily, someone else had one.

Comment

Also. Since my faithful palico companion, Lord Mufffin, is officially dead with no hope of a return, RIP Lord Muffin, I have enlisted his German cousin, Barron Muffin, to assist me with hunts.

Comment

^ Nice Palico name. Beats my 'Pencil' anyday. Baron has only one r though. Anyone found the free character edit token in ps store that was advertised? Can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              ^ Nice Palico name. Beats my 'Pencil' anyday. Baron has only one r though. Anyone found the free character edit token in ps store that was advertised? Can't find it.
                              You get a prompt to D/L it when you boot the game.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I like how they improve over time and you start off just looking for the prints, then they lead to the next one and finally you can track straight to the monster. You also get extra investigations and occasional item drops.

Ha, I deleted all the blue low rank investigations, then regretted it last night as I tried to hunt three Great Jagras for the weekly challenge! Luckily, someone else had one.
                                You know you can just do the 2* optional three times right? You don't need it to be an investigation.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X