Alita: Battle Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alita: Battle Angel

20th Century Fox has completely overhauled its 2018 schedule with four major releases undergoing significant date changes. These changes follow on from other recent shifts such as the delay of “New Mutants” by almost a year. The big change is the James Cameron-produced and Robert Rodriguez-directed “Alita: Battle Angel” which has been pushed back by […]

Fox have delayed Alita: Battle Angel by a full five months and set it for release on 21 December 2018. The film will now open head to head against Aquaman and Bumblebee.

Basically, it's been sent to die.

Five months of CG work to put the eyes back to normal?

Comment

They make me cringe every time I see them.
      I'd be amazed if this move isn't Fox realising they have a bomb on their hands and moving it to such a contested date being an easy way of mitigating the impact of that masking it under the excuse of 'it was released at a very competitive time'

Comment

My comments were lost in the purge but I am quietly optimistic about this. I think it looks dreadful but I'm really curious about it.

Comment

Jesus i just watched the trailer i've not seen cgi that looked that jarring since Harry Potter and the philosophers stone

Comment

Still thinks she looks like the girl from Disney's Bolt.

Comment

You're the only person who saw Bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                You're the only person who saw Bolt.
                At the cinema too. The hamster Rhino was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                  At the cinema too. The hamster Rhino was ok.
                  i have a soft spot for Bolt as my son loved it growing up probably watched it far too many times though .

Comment

I'd really like this to be good!

Comment

Is there a particular unique angle to the story or is it something that boils down to Astro Girl?

Comment

I have a feeling it will just rip off the anime in its entirety... All the characters are there, that were in the ova.

I really don’t understand the reason for the big eyes... it just looks strange, it’s not an anime, so why?

Because I lov d the anime so much, I am excited for this theatrical release. They have a lot of famous people in this so, they have pumped some serious cash into it...

Comment

New trailer to help push the film which is now opening directly against Aquaman, Bumblebee, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Mary Poppins Returns:

Comment

Fox just made a slew of release date changes. Instead of opening Alita: Battle Angel on Dec. 21, she now goes on Feb. 14, 2019. Instead, Fox is releasing, what we hear, is a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 on Dec. 21. They’ve listed it as untitled Deadpool movie. For Alita, it’s about the date, to have the first movie coming out of […]

Someone had to blink this Xmas and it was Alita with those massive eyes as the film has now been delayed till 14 February 2019

Comment

Set several centuries in the future, the abandoned Alita (Rosa Salazar) is found in the scrapyard of Iron City by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a compassionate cyber-doctor who takes the unconscious cyborg Alita to his clinic. When Alita awakens she has no memory of who she is, nor does she have any recognition of the world she finds herself in. Everything is new to Alita, every experience a first. As she learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield Alita from her mysterious past while her street-smart new friend, Hugo (Keean Johnson), offers instead to help trigger her memories. A growing affection develops between the two until deadly forces come after Alita and threaten her newfound relationships. It is then that Alita discovers she has extraordinary fighting abilities that could be used to save the friends and family she’s grown to love. Determined to uncover the truth behind her origin, Alita sets out on a journey that will lead her to take on the injustices of this dark, corrupt world, and discover that one young woman can change the world in which she lives.

Some good reviews out there but broadly the scoring horizon for the film is looking dim with an initial score average on Meta coming in at a weak 46/100. Early projection tracking for the film a few weeks back also placed it as opening to $14.5m in the US which if that happens would be classed as a disaster for the studio.

Comment

Working...
                              X