Tell me about Kojima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about Kojima

I don't really know much about this guy or his influences and especially his viewpoint. I've just hammered MGS 2 and 3 in order to finally play 4 and I'm quite impressed by his storytelling skills and how radically different they are from most Eastern games and yet there is an intelligence far beyond the majority of Western developments as well as lashings of paranoia that seems eerily prescient given how the world is these days.

So, if you please, what's the scoop on this chap and how did he come up with the whole MGS concept?

Please play Metal Gear Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Please play Metal Gear Rising.
      First time hearing of that title, I'll check it out. Should it be played after 4? 5?

Comment

It's nothing like the other Metal Gear Solid games so I'd read up on it first before committing to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          It's nothing like the other Metal Gear Solid games so I'd read up on it first before committing to that one.
          I generally go into my games knowing as little about them as possible because, like trailers, too much is given away. Either way I think I'll play mgs4 next as I already own it

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            I generally go into my games knowing as little about them as possible because, like trailers, too much is given away. Either way I think I'll play mgs4 next as I already own it
            Rising is set after 4 chronologically anyway.

4 is set after 2 which is set after 1.

3 is the first game in the franchise chronologically.
            Last edited by speedlolita; 11-02-2018, 23:05.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              Loved 4. You're in for a treat!

Comment

Yeah, Rising is alright once you get you're head around the wonkiness of the controls but it's a solid title. The story aspect is appalling though so I'd just keep in mind it's very far removed from the Kojima main games

Comment

*adds to the list*

Thinking its going to be 4 then Peace Walker HD.

The main aim of this thread was to see if anyone had the scoop on Kojima viz Konami and the future of the franchise as searching just pulled up loads of speculation and I know that a few folks on here are "made men" with "connections" PM if you don't want to tell the world but inquiring minds want to know as it all seems a bit strange, especially how they were acting like passive aggressive little bit*hes toward him before it all kicked off but once again that may just be mythmaking and speculation entwined by the power invested in posters via the internet.

Comment

At the moment it seems to begin and end with MGS Survive. I don't think Konami knows what to do with the franchise as the main games are the heart of the series and Kojima was so central to them it makes it hard to continue outside of cash in gubbins

Comment

Yes, from what I've read about Konami it seems that the only other we'll see is a MGS pachinko game and thats about it.

Darn shame as after the first title I was much deeper into Splinter Cell which I felt was a much more accomplished game and took the stealth style into some amazing depth and direction, hence I never played the rest but after catching up I can see why Kojima is so acclaimed and why these games have such a following as they are very unique experiences that only he could make.

Comment

Snakes Revenge on the NES was nothing to do with him.
                        Last edited by huxley; 12-02-2018, 14:52.

Comment

Kojima can't tell a story for ****. But boy he can't frame amazing action.

Comment

This is an interesting read as to why Hayter was replaced:

Comment

Kojima to me appears desperate to be a part of the proper movie biz and rubbing shoulders with big names is his way in. That's why I believe he constantly tried to replace Hayter.

Comment

Working...
                              X