Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not got any cracks near my Switch power button (as far as I can tell) but the Joy-Cons are now worn to the point that I don't need to press the eject button on them to remove them from the tablet. I could also swear blind that my Switch tablet has bent slightly, which would suggest that perhaps the battery inside has begun to warp.

The vast majority of my Switch use (at this point still only for Super Mario Odyssey) is as a home console in docked mode. I barely use it handheld.

No doubting the success of the Nintendo Switch as a concept and the sales figures but everything about the hardware smacks of being rushed to market.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 29-03-2018, 09:40.

Comment

If you don't upgrade, apparently CFW will be released this summer on Switch

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        No doubting the success of the Nintendo Switch as a concept and the sales figures but everything about the hardware smacks of being rushed to market.
        This is kinda true to form for Nintendo's stuff, I guess (especially with handhelds). The regular GBA was fine in terms of build quality but that screen just wasn't really there. The first DS and the first 3DS were also both quite poor units.

Makes me wonder if we'll see a Switch revision.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          If you don't upgrade, apparently CFW will be released this summer on Switch
          Not sure that upgrading is relevant.

I read about Switch CFW a while back and the hacker(s) responsible for it was/were very, very confident that they managed to develop it in a way that there was nothing Nintendo could do to patch it out.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 29-03-2018, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            This is kinda true to form for Nintendo's stuff, I guess (especially with handhelds).
            Recent Nintendo hardware? Perhaps (that could be argued though).

Past Nintendo hardware? Not at all. The original DMG-001 Game Boy famously survived the Gulf War!

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Makes me wonder if we'll see a Switch revision.
            I have always suspected that we will and getting my hands on one has only reinforced that.

Not a chance in hell of Nintendo ever publicly admitting that right now though, for obvious reasons.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 29-03-2018, 09:53.

Comment

The Switch always had a prototype-y feel and look to it ... it's been needing a revision since day 1.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see several revisions including a better quality dock (hopefully one that forces some AA support onto games). Though the likes of Era are a little too thirsty for one, they won't do it until sales figures wobble so probably 2020-ish at the earliest and even then it'll be a modest one due to the general design limiting them.

Comment

So, called Game "customer services" today and was told they wouldn't do anything.

It's out of warranty so no dice. Back when I was a manager I would have put customer service ahead of policy for something that is only a couple of weeks over the 12 months. Especially as the company will get a credit from Nintendo do for the faulty unit.

The girl on the phone was super-snidey and finished her spiel with "maybe you should have taken out the extended warranty".

/Fuming

Comment

Are they still selling at a fast rate? Seems all the commercials on TV are the same games they were pushing a year+ ago, it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Apparently 3rd party docks are bricking Switch's when upgrading to firmware 5.0
                      It's only the Nyko ones i have been led to believe.

Comment

Sweet Jesus!! Things just going from bad to worse with this post console.

Has anybody undertaken the left JoyCon repair themselves? Do you happen to have any conductive foam left that I could purchase from you?

My left JoyCon has decided to start intermittently not picking up movements or button presses.

Starting to think I'll go exclusively PS4 at this rate.

Comment

Well I went for ARMS, due to the sale. Will play it tomorrow once it has downloaded!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Sweet Jesus!! Things just going from bad to worse with this post console.

Has anybody undertaken the left JoyCon repair themselves? Do you happen to have any conductive foam left that I could purchase from you?

My left JoyCon has decided to start intermittently not picking up movements or button presses.

Starting to think I'll go exclusively PS4 at this rate.
                            I think Maplin sell that conducive foam. Though as usual with Maplin weather it’s actually in stock is a whole other game.

Comment

Is Maplin still going? I thought I read they had gone under.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Is Maplin still going? I thought I read they had gone under.
                                Deff going under. The stores near me are still operating though.

Comment

Working...
                                X