Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ridden into London 5 times the week, could post in here every day.

As a motorcyclist you learn to expect the worst; guy was veering over within his lane (on my right) yesterday on the North Circular, just knew he was coming into mine. As he started to i gave him a bib to let him know i was there as i would prefer not be knocked off and he winds down his window and gives me a mouthful of abuse.
    Amazing it's my fault...

Happens every day unfortunately. I was on my BMW, the thing couldn't possibly be any louder. I honestly believe as part of the car test everybody should be made to do the one day CBT on a motorbike, would improve the driving standard on the roads in an instant.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
      I've ridden into London 5 times the week, could post in here every day.

As a motorcyclist you learn to expect the worst; guy was veering over within his lane (on my right) yesterday on the North Circular, just knew he was coming into mine. As he started to i gave him a bib to let him know i was there as i would prefer not be knocked off and he winds down his window and gives me a mouthful of abuse.
      Amazing it's my fault...

Happens every day unfortunately. I was on my BMW, the thing couldn't possibly be any louder. I honestly believe as part of the car test everybody should be made to do the one day CBT on a motorbike, would improve the driving standard on the roads in an instant.
      It swings the other way too though nick. I’ve seen horribly bad driving and road etiquette from bikers; overtaking on bends, driving in the oncoming lane to dodge tailbacks, driving uncontrollably up the center of slow moving traffic,(wobbling all over the place), 100+ mph overtaking, tailgating in twos, the list goes on. Way too much power in them and too much temptation to take risks. Most roads are mainly 30-50mph zones, so it’s easy to get frustrated and open it up. I drove a bike for 8 years in the 90’s and know how dangerous it is (I came off it twice and had some seriously close near misses). A lot more traffic on the roads now though; You really do need a 360 radar on your head.

Comment

Absolutely, there are some terrible riders out there. I was following one yesterday, felt like telling him he was giving bikers a bad name. Rode like a prick and never actually got anywhere as he got caught at every light I ever did.

Comment

I was thinking about this from a cycling perspective the other day. Cycling into work, I see crazy cyclists... and I see crazy drivers... and I see crazy pedestrians. And each group probably goes home and complains about the others. Granted there will be very safe people among them but each group has a large number of dangerous people (of course not all with the same ability to kill the others) and I thought to myself: it's not just about unsafe people, it's a whole unsafe system. If cars, bikes and roads were wiped off the face of the planet now and they had never existed and we had to think up safe systems of getting people from A to B with the tech we have now, I'm pretty sure this system is not what we would arrive at.

Comment

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculously unsafe moving around London. Crossing the road and running for the bus and stuff, it must be by far the most perilous thing in my otherwise rather safe life.

One day I suppose it will all be completely computer controlled, and that will make it pretty safe. But I wonder if we ought to live like that. It's all going to become rather Logan's Run.

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]: yeah, 'cos I computer-controlled stuff never goes wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I was thinking about this from a cycling perspective the other day. Cycling into work, I see crazy cyclists... and I see crazy drivers... and I see crazy pedestrians. And each group probably goes home and complains about the others. Granted there will be very safe people among them but each group has a large number of dangerous people (of course not all with the same ability to kill the others) and I thought to myself: it's not just about unsafe people, it's a whole unsafe system. If cars, bikes and roads were wiped off the face of the planet now and they had never existed and we had to think up safe systems of getting people from A to B with the tech we have now, I'm pretty sure this system is not what we would arrive at.
                Have you seen the vids of people getting out of their Teslas and leaving the car to go and find a place to park? And driving themselves? The future is coming soon.

Currently we have what is essentially a scary fairground ride that would be shut down the moment a safety inspector arrived to check it out. "So right, we sit in a 2 tonne metal box, optionally tired or drunk, and have to go long distances while concentrating, inches from other people trying to do the same thing coming the other way. It's brilliant. Try it. Scary as ****"

Comment

-Rear wheel drive merc with performance summer tyres.
                  -6 inches of snow covering the entire car except for a square foot on the windscreen to barely see out.
                  -Chatting on his mobile.

Gets away with it scott free as no one has the balls to say anything. I would of dragged him from his car if I wasn’t being tailgated by an equally as dumb bmw driver 🤬

The sooner AI takes away driving privileges from people like that the better.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    -Rear wheel drive merc with performance summer tyres.
                    -6 inches of snow covering the entire car except for a square foot on the windscreen to barely see out.
                    -Chatting on his mobile.

Gets away with it scott free as no one has the balls to say anything. I would have dragged him from his car if I wasn’t being tailgated by an equally as dumb bmw driver 🤬

The sooner AI takes away driving privileges from people like that the better.
                    People like that should be dragged from their cars and kicked into a coma.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      The real pisser is that people like that never kill themselves, they will hurt, maim or kill others and be oblivious to the entire event, then claim for whiplash and get a nice pay out while they are at it.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        NSFW

Comment

They killed the Giggler, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Missing that Tesco offer for Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition at £8
                            I got one

Comment

Panic attacks. Damn irksome.

Comment

I've been having those mate with this chest thing I've had, thankfully it's got loads better but I'm still left with the residual effects of the panic, damn near went agoraphobic for a bit.

You think you've finally got rid of 'em...then they wise fwom the gwave...

Comment

Working...
                                X