No announcement yet.

Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed the hacked firmware last night. It works exactly as my SNES EverDrive so that is now on Yahoo Auctions currently at 9500 yen. That is more than I paid for it! Result. I think the fact that it is listed as an original item and not a Chinese knock off is exciting the bidders.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      I installed the hacked firmware last night. It works exactly as my SNES EverDrive so that is now on Yahoo Auctions currently at 9500 yen. That is more than I paid for it! Result. I think the fact that it is listed as an original item and not a Chinese knock off is exciting the bidders.
      Have they worked around game saving yet? My wallet is ready for that.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Have they worked around game saving yet? My wallet is ready for that.
        Yeah, it saves to the SD card. I can also use saves made from the EverDrive or SD2SNES and will save to the same folder as those devices. I've not tried the saves myself. Will give it a try throughout the week.

Comment

I'm desperately after one of these now. Thing is I doubt I can sell off enough 3DS and WiiU stuff to fund one. My actual 1chip SFC might have to go.

The clear ones are all sold out now as well, other than the ones available from scalpers on ebay. Hopefully they'll do another batch soon.

Comment

I'm desperately after one of these now. Thing is I doubt I can sell off enough 3DS and WiiU stuff to fund one. My actual 1chip SFC might have to go.

The clear ones are all sold out now as well, other than the ones available from scalpers on ebay. Hopefully they'll do another batch soon.
            I don't understand though, this thing still isn't original hardware.... so why would you want it instead of an actual 1chip SNES...?

Comment

Do you not own a 1 chip SFC and a PVM? Man, don't sell that! That's the ultimate combination.
              If I was you, I'd get an SD2SNES and enjoy the (almost) full SNES/SFC library.

The Super NT is amazing, but I'd personally sell off some junk to get it rather than something good that's hard to get like a 1-chip SNES.

But that's just me, your money after all!

Comment

Whats the difference between a 1chip and whatever the alternative is SNES?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                  Whats the difference between a 1chip and whatever the alternative is SNES?
                  Video quality, RGB image is best via a 1chip SNES...

Comment

Originally posted by UKGamer View Post
                    Video quality, RGB image is best via a 1chip SNES...
                    Aha. Thanks. I had 1chip associated with those cheapo system on chip devices and janky emulation so it's nice to know what it means in this context.

Comment

I have a 1 chip and a PVM. How does this compare? I mean does it do a decent job on a modern TV?
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by UKGamer View Post
                        I don't understand though, this thing still isn't original hardware.... so why would you want it instead of an actual 1chip SNES...?
                        I'm going to have to clean up the vertical bar issue with some soldering (unfortunately it's super prevalent, even on SMWs blue skies). I've already had a look inside and I'm not too pleased with the cartridge slot and general board condition. To be honest it needs someone who knows what they're doing to give it a good refresh if it's going to last another 25 years. The cartridge slot is the soldered type, so replacing it with a new one is a job for an expert.

I'd rather trade-in if the Analogue NT can output just as good video - once they eventually release their RGB-out video adapter, that is. Being able to jump to the 55" in the living room is also a bonus.

Originally posted by Kevvy Metal View Post
                        If I was you, I'd get an SD2SNES and enjoy the (almost) full SNES/SFC library.
                        I was going to, but this thing is already reading games from the SD slot. I'd rather just put the £120 towards the NT at this stage.

Comment

You can't ram ROMs up the wazoo of a 1CHIP console.

A 1CHIP console with a PVM is almost perfection.

Comment

For me this doesn't beat a good crt but it is more convenient for just plugging into a hdtv without worrying about extra lag from scalers and signal problems and such with an ossc.

Comment

Yep. OSSC is useful if you have multiple old consoles but if you just want a snes then this tops it really.

Comment

Honestly considering getting one to use alongside my 1CHIP. Just seems like a fun bit of kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X