User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Only ever liked Contra III on the Snes and that game was just something else back then. Moments like seeing the Mode 7 plane swoop in (with some amazing stereo sound effects) and the Mode 7 stages will live with me for life.

Konami were almost as good as NCL on the Snes, such a shame to see whats happened to this one fab corp

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Konami were almost as good as NCL on the Snes, such a shame to see whats happened to this one fab corp
    Yeah, Konami were in the premier league of SNES developers that included NCL, Capcom and Square. Nintendo should buy the rights to Contra and Castlevania.

Likewise Gryzor on Amstrad was the top, liked playing Contra in the arcades too but beyond that the series never appealed have tried to like Contra spirits bit the snooker ball bullets look stupid. Hard Corps is okish too. Just not for me.

Clue for next time: On the Edge of Destiny lies a Warrior's Rage

The only one I've put any serious time into was Hard Corps. The graphics are so technically stunning and creative, I think it's the most impressive game on the Mega Drive. It's jus so damn hard though. I've never managed to get more than a few levels into it but it's very satisfying to make even that small amount of progress.

I think it's the definition of old school gaming.