No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest surprise for me is that we haven't seen a re-release of the prior 2 games since it was announced. I never played II but I've backed III; am I honestly going to have to buy a Dreamcast?!

Comment

I think it looks a bit better than it did. I like the setting, looks like a water town. And there are some vaguely Zhangjiajie esque mountains in the background.

Comment

I'm very happy with how it looks. It looks like a progression of the original style and that works for me. And yes, I'm surprised we haven't seen the first two rereleased. I'd love it on Switch but I reckon it would end up PS4/PC and nothing else if I were to speculate.

Comment

I think Sega are waiting till there's a firm release window for 3 to announce the HD rereleases

Comment

Yeah, you could be right.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a Kickstarter red haired stepchild of a game to come out looking like a AAA title but the main characters model work has been pure shazbutt since the first pics which they proudly displayed and then backpedaled with "These are just placeholder models that haven't been animated yet" as the LOLfest reactions began online and each subsequent outing shows them looking pretty much as bad, hence I see little chance that this won't be terrible and become one of those titles people pretend never existed.

And this is coming from a guy that has been fiending for the saga to complete since way back when and would happily play the third installment if it reused the DC assets and style. I'm so surprised that you lot can't see whats so bad about Ryo "Murder Mask" Hazuki here plus the lack of having someone around to bitchslap Yu and keep his grandiosity in check isn't exactly inspiring of confidence either.

Comment

How many years have gone by now and all they have to show are a few screenshots that i'm suspicious that just look like renders. I have yet to see anything besides a handfull of pics.

Comment

Why has he still got that bloody plaster on? 18 years and it still hasn't healed?!

SHENMUE 3 looked like one of those games that was never going to happen - and then it got announced. Here's everything you need to know about Shenmue 3 so far.
                  Last edited by BigDeadFreak; 25-02-2018, 20:36.

Comment

Vapour ware that is probably sucking the soul out the poor investor/publisher that got involved.

Comment

Investors? You mean backers

Comment

[MENTION=7878]replicashooter[/MENTION] those models look pretty Dreamcast to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          The game found a publisher in Deep Silver, so yeah they will have invested some money into it.
                          Shenmue 3, the long-awaited return for Yu Suzuki's seminal open world series, now has a publisher, with Deep Silver doi…

the recent interview with Dengeki Online (thanks phantomriverstone.com for the translation), Suzuki has stated that thanks to the Deep Silver investment the second area of the game (Choubu) will be 3 times bigger than previously anticipated, becoming "open world-like".
                          Last edited by Family Fry; 26-02-2018, 07:48.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            It’s not been funded by Kickstarter, that was just a PR stunt.
                            Yu Suzuki confirmed that Sony were paying for aspects of production and marketing.

Which is why it’s remaining PS4 exclusive despite being published worldwide by a multi platform European publisher (THQ Nordic)
                            Last edited by EvilBoris; 26-02-2018, 07:57.

Comment

I stand corrected @FamilyFry and [MENTION=2447]EvilBoris[/MENTION]. Hopefully my $60 will at least go towards a nice team lunch for Suzuki and co, or something

Comment

Does anyone else read the thread title like Cartman?

Comment

Working...
                                X