Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphics that almost seemed a generation beyond....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangers Wrath xbox.

Comment

No one's mentioned Metroid Prime 1 & 2 yet. Evidently they were indeed next-gen worthy, seeing as Metroid Prime 3 didn't receive that much of a bump.

I hope MP4 keeps the same polygonal aesthetic, whilst simply bumping the resolution and texture quality to make it on par with the above Dolphin footage. That's all that's required.

Comment

Silent Hill 3 (PS2) look better than the HD version

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] they're both Ps2 games. I'm not sure what point you're making? Unless you meant 4 and 5?
          Point is 3 comes before 4, why would 4 be the one that stood out?

Good shout [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION], Metroid Prime is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            No one's mentioned Metroid Prime 1 & 2 yet. Evidently they were indeed next-gen worthy, seeing as Metroid Prime 3 didn't receive that much of a bump.
            One had Riddick and Half Life II on the OG XBox and I wouldn't expect to see much of a Jump with Prime 3 given the Wii hardware .

I would have to say GOD Of War Accession, Last of Us were pushing the kind of GFX that looked liked it should have been on a next-gen system.

Comment

[MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] ah, I should have read the whole thread. As you were...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Is Soul Calibur the first time a game game to a home console from arcade and actually looked better?
                I'm not certain about it being an absolute first, but it was definitely a landmark for that. I struggle to think of an earlier title though where the home version was contemporary with the arcade.

Tekken Tag Tournament also looked much better on PS2; the arcade original is pretty much just an expansion for Tekken 3, with a very similar aesthetic. The home TTT still plays like Tekken 3 of course but visually it is vastly superior.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

I hope MP4 keeps the same polygonal aesthetic, whilst simply bumping the resolution and texture quality to make it on par with the above Dolphin footage. That's all that's required.
                  I dunno, although it has great style. It came out within Weeks of Half Life 2, Halo 2 and Far Cry, all of which were super impressive at the time.

Comment

"Metroid Prime targets and maintains 60 frames per second at all time"

SOLD! Thats all I needed to hear, will start off with this one then.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      I dunno, although it has great style. It came out within Weeks of Half Life 2, Halo 2 and Far Cry, all of which were super impressive at the time.
                      None of them really pushed as much geometry around as the Prime games though, especially at 60fps. I'm glad DF focused on that as it's another one of the many highlights of the presentation, and probably the biggest one I've never shut up about over the years. The amount of time they must have spent on making each locale unique and organic with cracks and breakages. It's very difficult to find anywhere that's copy and pasted.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                        "Metroid Prime targets and maintains 60 frames per second at all time"

SOLD! Thats all I needed to hear, will start off with this one then.
                        It's a bit of an eyesore at 480p on anything larger than 32". Play it in SD over RGB if you can.

Comment

Yep another vote for the Prime series, amazing details, geometry & a constant 60fps, amazing achievement on GC hardware.

Comment

60 fps were good, but like with COD, it came at a cost. To me Riddick, Half-Life II looked much better as did the underrated classic Breakdown on the OG XBox. Star Wars RS II on the other hand, looked like ILM CG.

Some would be

Iridion II - GBA. My eyes poped out when I saw this game running on the humble GBA

Mario 64 - Compared to every other N64 game it was like it was running on different hardware.

Panzer Dragoon Orta - They were 360 and PS3 shooter that couldn't match its visual splender

Star Wars Racer - Arcade . Remeber seeing this for the 1st time, and thought it must be running on Model 4 Hardware the Gfx were so good.

Underdefeat - Dremcast. Looked like a 360/PS3 shooter

Shenmue II - Still amazing how the DC was able to pull it off

Oddworld Stranger - The CGI intro looked like the work of Dreamworks and the in-game graphics and scale of the game, was unmatched on the PS2 or Cube and looked next gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Star Wars Racer - Arcade . Remeber seeing this for the 1st time, and thought it must be running on Model 4 Hardware the Gfx were so good.
                              Yeah, this looked amazing. I think it was helped that by the fact that the home game existed, so we all had a basis for comparison.

Comment

While we're at it, find me anything as artistically accomplished as Arms or Mario Kart 8 on either the Pro/OneX. Only 60fps games accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                X