No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can beat it easily enough as long as the others play properly. It's just getting it to actually give me what I want that is annoying me.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      I can beat it easily enough as long as the others play properly. It's just getting it to actually give me what I want that is annoying me.
      Yeah, but him being in traps will give you a good chance to get a dp to his head without being run over. Would have to be solo though otherwise people will just go ham and he would prob die before you got chance.

Comment

Against my better judgement, I went back on his last night- to my surprise it opened a new story quest to fight two tempered Bezelguise. They were my first tempered fight, but they went down easy enough, and my HR went from 29 to 35.

Is there more story quests? How to I trigger them? How do the rest of the tempered fights occur?

Comment

I didn't see you on, MrK.
          I came online at about 9pm.

I might need to give this a miss tonight, because I can't trust myself to go to bed at a sensible time *yawn*.

Tried out some different weapons last night and liked the Twin Blades. Upgraded them and went on the hunt.
          I found them pleasingly effective and took down a Rathian fairly painlessly.

Different story when I progressed the plot and did the Anjanas+. He was romping and stomping all over me. I switched back to Long Sword and he still beat me, but less soundly.

Tried a third time and managed to trap the douchebag.

I thought I'd try again against a Great Jagra+, but he ran to his lair and in it was occupied by an Anjanas+ and a bleeding Beetlejuice! It was pandemonium!

Called it quits after tagging the Jagra+ because Beetlejuice is still out of my league with his one hit bombs.

Comment

Get used to Bezelguise, he turned up pretty much every fight I had in HR. I think it’s actually bugged, I don’t think he’s supposed to turn up so often.

I was only for an hour or so until about 9, then sat on the main menu of Wolfenstein 2 for a bit before deciding to have an early night haha!

I’m happy to continue playing and helping you along- just invite me!

Comment

Bazelgeuse is an idiot.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm glad we're all in agreement about him.

"Hey guys, what's going on? Oh, you're fighting! Can I join in with my bombs and stuff? I hope I'm not interrupting."
                *EXPLOSIONS*

I want some better gear, but I need drops from monsters tougher than me, so I'll call you in if you're around and aren't fussed about progressing any more. I feel bad making you heavy hitters regress back to the golden age of two weeks ago.

Comment

Not regressing at all, especially if you’re in HR now - you always need more drops.

Comment

I don't mind helping out. I need a few bits from various monsters.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Bazelgeuse is an idiot.
                      this was on the monster hunter reddit today

its in his Ai and its also in his lore, he's attracted to blood so as soon as you start hacking a monster to bits he will show up, if he gets on your nerves chuck a dung pod at him to get him to go away, i tend to wait til he's smashed the monster up I'm fighting before i do this though.

Comment

I had a great / typical “oh Beetlejuice” moment the other day while farming Odo. Start hunt, find target at the bottom of a slope, slide down and jump attack, successful mount. Do all the required stabbing, about to go for the big swing to bring him down when Bazel appears out of nowhere to body slam us / explode everything from above. Hi friend.

Knowing that Deviljho is the first DLC monster, and will undoubtably do the same hunt-destabilising - probably in conjunction with Bazel - is a shuddersome thought.

Comment

He's the kind of guy who would bring a couple of cans of cheap beer to a party and proceed to drink a dozen bottles of everyone else's good stuff.

Comment

Can you imagine how annoying Bagel AND Pickle together will be?
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Looking forward to it! Bezelgeuse doesn't bother me much. Hoolak and I capped one while on a Tobi Kadachi quest the other day.
                              A bowgun with decent lightning and dragon loadup and neither will pose much of an issue...until tempered Jho starts turning up of course.

Comment

Be honest with me peeps, when I'm in a position to try this, if I didn't like the PSP games or Monster Hunter 3 or 4 will this also be likely to be a turn off?

Comment

Working...
                                X