Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
    Just Teostra left to go for the elder dragons- and I assume a final quest after that.

The steel dragon was a bit of a nob, with his wind barriers- but did it in the end. No help to Tobal though, who joined, helped me duff him up, then left - leaving me with a double powered behemoth to fight off alone haha!

I got him down to his final near death stage, but sadly he finished me so had to do it again

Got some option quests appeared for a black Diablos and stuff, so might work through them first.
    apologies for that... even after switching the DNS to googles i got booted from the session, i was hoping it was fixed after spending 40mins online with getting kicked off. I ended up losing as well, got trapped in a corner with tornado, so being unable to move, evade or heal i got stomped. Going to build xeno's pipe and stomp that mucker.

Comment

First time against the final bad yesterday. Got crushed solo as nobody answered my SOS flare. Second time around get disconnected and crushed when alone

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        First time against the final bad yesterday. Got crushed solo as nobody answered my SOS flare. Second time around get disconnected and crushed when alone
        As you've seen the cut scene you should be able to search for people playing this monster, i did it a couple of times last night as I'm after the Armour set. He has a couple of moves that can mess you up but they are massively signposted. if he raises up on his hind legs pull back as if he goes through the floor it will unleash a blast that insta kills you. it's also worth staying at his side and just attacking his feet if your running mele or shooting the side of his head if your using ranged weapons as he constantly shoots from his mouth.

Another good tips is its invaluable to pick up the stones before you fly into/sail into the area as around the arena, as there are 4 overhanging rock formations that can be brought down on his head for between 1300 and 1900 damage each.

It goes without saying eat the 3 star meal for the guaranteed 50pt health boost and take in the power and attack talons plus the power, and Armour charms. you dont have to but I also use a lvl 3 defense charm the health booster the vitality mantle and i set up my palico for healing too. The Mega Armour skin potion lasts the entire fight, i have a full Negagante set as well as this will give you a small bit of health back if you chain together successive hits.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 19-02-2018, 13:11.

Comment

I’ve beaten everything in single player so far. I’m taking the Dark Souls path of only doing coop once I know I can do it myself. With Great sword, it’s not been too bad so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
            I’ve beaten everything in single player so far. I’m taking the Dark Souls path of only doing coop once I know I can do it myself. With Great sword, it’s not been too bad so far.
            You're missing out on all of the fun.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I’m still playing coop a lot, just the first time I do a new beast I do it on my lonesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                As you've seen the cut scene you should be able to search for people playing this monster, i did it a couple of times last night as I'm after the Armour set. He has a couple of moves that can mess you up but they are massively signposted. if he raises up on his hind legs pull back as if he goes through the floor it will unleash a blast that insta kills you. it's also worth staying at his side and just attacking his feet if your running mele or shooting the side of his head if your using ranged weapons as he constantly shoots from his mouth.

Another good tips is its invaluable to pick up the stones before you fly into/sail into the area as around the arena, as there are 4 overhanging rock formations that can be brought down on his head for between 1300 and 1900 damage each.

It goes without saying eat the 3 star meal for the guaranteed 50pt health boost and take in the power and attack talons plus the power, and Armour charms. you dont have to but I also use a lvl 3 defense charm the health booster the vitality mantle and i set up my palico for healing too. The Mega Armour skin potion lasts the entire fight, i have a full Negagante set as well as this will give you a small bit of health back if you chain together successive hits.
                I just lasted 48 minutes against it but still got wiped out before timing out. I have Guard level 5, triple shields on my bowgun so can take pretty much everything it can throw at me except for the direct sustained beam if I'm too close. Nerg set doesn't help with it's Dragon weakness though, I was considering farming Teostra for it's dragon and fire res. I'm a little sick of being set on fire. I realised I'm set up for multiplayer though with health booster so perhaps I should switch that.

And no, you can't search for it until you've beaten it - I've tried. It's not on the monster list yet.

Comment

96 hours I’ve out into this in two weeks. I’ve forgotten what daylight looks like. I’ve eaten dinner. Back to it. Lol
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Great article, very relevant recount of events!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      96 hours I’ve out into this in two weeks. I’ve forgotten what daylight looks like. I’ve eaten dinner. Back to it. Lol
                      Pah! That made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        As I clocked off tonight, it said you'd been on for 20 hours! :O

[MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION], it all went Pete Tong after it kicked you out. The rotters started ganging up on me!

Comment

Decided I'm going to max out the weapons I can and then try Xeno again later in the week. Thinking Kirin armour actually, but I'm finding it a bit of pain...

It keeps on kirin' me

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Decided I'm going to max out the weapons I can and then try Xeno again later in the week. Thinking Kirin armour actually, but I'm finding it a bit of pain...

It keeps on kirin' me
                            Are you bringing the four over hanging rocks down on him? if you do it right he should fly to the second area in the first 5-10 minutes of the fight as there 1300-1800 dmg each.

I did it a few more times last night to get his armour set and it only went and gave me the xeno gem on my 4th kill, if your on tonight kryss id be happy to help you out, sometimes having two in the party to start with helps with the sos as people are more likely to join a game that's filling up.

Comment

I'll help with Xeno.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ok, have got each of the quests good to go for the terrible trio. This was the first week I did all 3 weekly bounties - also have upgraded my gear a few levels and picked up a few new weapons, kitted my Palico out in some new duds, and got power/armour talons in. Farm priorities right now are Odagaron for the armour, and Nergigante for his weapon.

Comment

Working...
                                X