Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Can you imagine how annoying Bagel AND Pickle together will be?
    Sounds AMAZING to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Be honest with me peeps, when I'm in a position to try this, if I didn't like the PSP games or Monster Hunter 3 or 4 will this also be likely to be a turn off?
      There is no point in even bothering unless you are prepared to plough hours and hours and hours into it. If you didn't like any of the others, then you won't like this either.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I had that suspicion, it was keeping my eye mostly because it looks so much better than the other entries but if it's better for fans rather than better for us newbs then I'm fine missing it. Cheers

Comment

Be honest with me peeps, when I'm in a position to try this, if I didn't like the PSP games or Monster Hunter 3 or 4 will this also be likely to be a turn off?
          Well, I was hoping you might get this so we could finally play something together, but I know you're working your way through your backlog and replays.

I love the game and am spending a lot of time on it, but I'm happy to tinker and mooch, but you like to activate easy mode and see the end credits (that's not a criticism, btw).

MrKirov has done a similar thing and got the biggest sword and brute forced his way to success, but it still took him 80+ hours.

I'm a MH newb, so had no baggage, and I'm loving it.
          If you don't like the others and you're not prepared to invest the chunk of time the game deserves, maybe you should give it a swerve.

If you do get it (PS4), which I hope you do, give any of us a shout and we'll boost you through the early stages.

Comment

There's definitely things this one fixes that I didn't like from what I read but, for instance, if spending time cooking and crafting and general menu diving is still a large part of the experience I'd switch off quickly. Same goes for a slow grinds (matron!), it's much of what's fuelled my recent easy mode fetish given how little time per day I have to play stuff. That said, at least a PS4 puts EDF5 back on the cards

Comment

Well i found out what the problem is causing the game drop out, intel's puma chipset is a flawed piece of **** and sadly virgin superhubs all use it. Doesn't appear to fully fixed the problems for those in the beta test for the firmware update.

getting quite good at solo now with the great sword, can easily take down 80% of tempered mobs, bar a few bastards like Azure Rath and the elder dragons.

Comment

There's definitely things this one fixes that I didn't like from what I read but, for instance, if spending time cooking and crafting and general menu diving is still a large part of the experience I'd switch off quickly. Same goes for a slow grinds (matron!), it's much of what's fuelled my recent easy mode fetish given how little time per day I have to play stuff. That said, at least a PS4 puts EDF5 back on the cards
                I'm glad there's no EDF 5 release date as this is tiding me over nicely.

Cooking and crafting is ridiculously streamlined.

You get into the habit of collecting everything you come across, which makes you look a little drunk as you swerve around the shop, but before you realise it, you've got a shedload of kit and you can craft some bits.

Not only that, but you can set things to autocraft.
                I keep empty vials in my pouch and run past a couple of herbs - it makes a healing potion.
                I run past a honey hive and it automixes with the healing potion to make a mega potion.

I literally took 12 seconds to find the item in the crafting menu and tick the autocraft tickboxes.

Food is done in the canteen and boosts some stats and takes about 4 seconds before you run off.

It's not a slow grind either. Each new hunt feels like an achievement and you're sometimes stood around afterwards expecting a tickertape parade to acknowledge your accomplishment! It flies through the monsters in the early missions, and constantly throws new locales and enemies.

The grind comes in when you're in the later stages of the game and you want to get specific enemy drops for gear. I'm not at that stage yet.

It's quite organic too. You're given missions and when you've completed them, you can either go back to the game hub or stay in the level to mooch (Expedition) or you can choose expedition directly from the hub. Quite often, you'll be doing something (collecting mushrooms or something) and then something will happen. A lower tier monster will have a pop or an apex predator will rock up and suddenly it's all going off.

If you're after an experience where you're told "go down this corridor and kill everyone", you're catered for, but a lot of the joy is finding out what kit you could be crafting and going for that.

I hope you get it and put time aside for it, rather than fretting about missing out on other new games or depleting your obelisk of unplayed games, as it's been a constant treat since I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I'm glad there's no EDF 5 release date as this is tiding me over nicely.

If in several year's time we find ourselves looking back on the fact that EDF5 was never given a Western release, I'll refer you mercilessly to this post.

Anyway, enough of capturing monsters. How the heck do you get one of those long-eared rabbity-weasely things into your net? They're cute and I want one for a pet but they always hear me approach, perk up their ears, then dash away.

Comment

Yes, I'll rue the day I said that, probably!
                    I keep checking (there's a live stream about DLC tonight) but there's no news yet.
                    Iron Rain will probably be out first!
                    I'm loving MH:W, but EDF 2025 is easily some of the best gaming I've ever had.

Activate your net and either walk up to them with you already aiming it or cane it over before they run off and quickly aim and catch.

I have quite the menagerie in my house as I tend to see what can be caught and the answer is everything.
                    The bats that get startled in the caves, the various coloured lizards that climb the walls, the tiny grasshoppers, the butterflies, the floating jellyfish, the glowing flies, the tarantulas, the beetles, the hares, the ants and so on. I've yet to find a small creature you can't catch!

Don't forget any fish you catch can be put in your aquarium or pond at your accommodation.

Comment

Cool - I've got a fair few fish but I'm still slumming it in the ship's cabin, unfortunately. I put down one of those helmet crabs. A bit rubbish as a pet, tbh.

Comment

I’m now completely negating Metal Gear Survive, so that I can plough even more inhuman amounts of hours into hunting. It should keep me going until May, but I’ll still play it alongside Dark Souls anyway. It’s such an amazing game I think.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Woo! I’ve got one horn. It’s only taken three days.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Good hunt that was [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]. It’s always good to help out I think.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Oh man, thanks for your help.
                              Two faints before the first beast went down.
                              I was checking my map before healing and heading for the second, when one of those tribal cats killed me!

The shame of it!

I found enough footprints to progress the story and unlock the next mission.

Got the bread for the kids'toast tomorrow, so it's all good. That's real life, not MH.

Comment

Cera Coilbender is finally mine! Now to build a set around it. There’s never anything not to do in this game.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X