No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took down Negigante in the campaign last night with the help of kryss. Cheers for that. Nergigante is a bit of a angry beast!

I went on an expedition into Everstream and I must have bumped into 4 new monsters and a Beetlejuice joined in the party. There was an Azure Rathian flipping that blue lizard thing about with that four legged Barroth thing running amok and Beetlejuice flying around breathing fire. Chaos. I didn't stick around. I only was looking for Nergigante lol.

Comment

Just do the optional if you're looking for a specific monster. It saves a lot of messing about.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

For those people still carrying antidotes about with them. Get rid of them and get Herbal Medicine instead.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I can only carry 5 herbal medicines, but 10 antidotes. I take both tbh.

Comment

Or herbal powder, but it doesn't restore as much health as life powder (essential for keeping your team alive).
            Every stage has antidote herbs so you don't even need to bring any I find.

Thanks for the offers, but I'm make teaching high school again from today so won't be online except when Hoolak is, so I'll probably just see him through the trio and xeno. We can get some super toughies done on the weekend.

Comment

You make me sound like I'm also in Japan. I should go to bed earlier lol. To be honest though, it the only time I can game. My own fault for having 3 young children ages 4, 5 and 7. My man cave is now a girls bedroom so I sit in a queue behind the missus and then any pets to use the TV

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                I can only carry 5 herbal medicines, but 10 antidotes. I take both tbh.
                Surely you don't need 15 separate doses? Five is more than enough. You know that X is dodge right?
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 20-02-2018, 13:02.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I use a Great Sword, and you’re locked into an animation when attacking. This means you tend to get hit more often, so when fighting a Pink Rathian, I tend to get poisoned a lot seeing as it’s already a protracted fight as hitting him in the air proves difficult.

Comment

It sounds like you'd be better off charming or gemming in poison resistance. That'd save you a lot of time keep nullifying it. Or you could always play with other people. You seem to be making it more difficult for yourself for no actual reason. Get three others in and it'll be over in about seven minutes.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 20-02-2018, 13:55.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

My charms are focused on stun resist as that’s my biggest killer for the same reasons- but more immediately deadly. Popping an antidote isn’t a problem. Neither is the extra 1 space they take. I’d rather have ten with no heal than 5 with a heal. All down to playstyles/weapons/palico setup I guess.

I’m 80 hours in and about to beat the final boss, I haven’t really struggled at any point, and I’ve enjoyed it- don’t feel like I’ve missed out.

Comment

Any version of Rath is a pain for poison for slow hitting weapons. Take flashes and get him when hes airborne. Also if you equip flash to your radial menu and take items to craft more you can after you have used your initial 3.

Hunter rank 71 now and built a new set last night, Attack lvl 7, immune to stun and roar, crit up 30%. All gear unlocked and maxed, apart from my long sword. Not managed to get the gem to augment it. Sadly I have a aug gem for every other weapon

140hrs here!

Comment

I definitely need all the help I can get. I only carry Mega Potions, so I'll get crafting both of those.

I've hit a bit of a wall, to be honest and it's a bit demoralising.

I've got to High Rank and it's like the game has reset itself.
                          I've only just bagged my first solo Anjanas on low rank and now it's throwing Monsters+ at me.
                          I died against a Great Jagra+ last night, twice, and it really feel like I've regressed back to the start.

Equipment wise, I've got a selection of elemental Long Swords for each enemies weakness, but I'm going to have to hit harder to get some high rank kills. To do that, I need to discover and then acquire some new materials.

I'm currently stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to keep visiting the locations to discover the "??? Rathian" footprints, but every time I go into a zone, I'll find some then something will attack me.

I tried doing a mission with Kryss to hunt a Leviosa (icy dragon), but it booted him and the results are in my previous video.

So, I'm going to try and find all these footprints to unlock some more missions and then research some better armour and weapons.
                          It's just disheartened me after I felt like I was making progress and the knowledge that there's far tougher enemies ahead of me that are tougher than a bleedin' Great Jagra+!

I quite like the look of this double sword blast build:

These are more for my reference.
                          Couple of armour suggestions:

Long Sword build guides:

Long Sword combo guides:

Comment

Just get some help for now. I basically ran through the game until I got to Nergigante. Then I farmed him for his full set and bow. Only then did I go after the elder dragons and farm anything else. I’ve hunted Nerg about 35 times now; way more than any other monster. If your set comes up faster, then farm him until you get stronger, before progressing further. You should be able to make basic HR armour sets now. Do that and upgrade them on your way to your chosen set. Using LR sets in HR is suicide. You cannot survive that way.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                              Any version of Rath is a pain for poison for slow hitting weapons. Take flashes and get him when hes airborne. Also if you equip flash to your radial menu and take items to craft more you can after you have used your initial 3.

Hunter rank 71 now and built a new set last night, Attack lvl 7, immune to stun and roar, crit up 30%. All gear unlocked and maxed, apart from my long sword. Not managed to get the gem to augment it. Sadly I have a aug gem for every other weapon

140hrs here!
                              What’s your set dude? That sounds like a bit of me.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I definitely need all the help I can get. I only carry Mega Potions, so I'll get crafting both of those.

I've hit a bit of a wall, to be honest and it's a bit demoralising.

I've got to High Rank and it's like the game has reset itself.
                                I've only just bagged my first solo Anjanas on low rank and now it's throwing Monsters+ at me.
                                I died against a Great Jagra+ last night, twice, and it really feel like I've regressed back to the start.

Equipment wise, I've got a selection of elemental Long Swords for each enemies weakness, but I'm going to have to hit harder to get some high rank kills. To do that, I need to discover and then acquire some new materials.

I'm currently stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to keep visiting the locations to discover the "??? Rathian" footprints, but every time I go into a zone, I'll find some then something will attack me.

I tried doing a mission with Kryss to hunt a Leviosa (icy dragon), but it booted him and the results are in my previous video.

So, I'm going to try and find all these footprints to unlock some more missions and then research some better armour and weapons.
                                It's just disheartened me after I felt like I was making progress and the knowledge that there's far tougher enemies ahead of me that are tougher than a bleedin' Great Jagra+!

I quite like the look of this double sword blast build:

These are more for my reference.
                                Couple of armour suggestions:

Long Sword build guides:

Long Sword combo guides:
                                I used Zorah Magdaros armour for 90% of high rank, and you can get that now. I think it’s what the game wants you to do as the quest becomes repeatable so many times, and there’s no actual fight to do in the quest. It’s far better than anything in LR too.

Comment

Working...
                                X