Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I definitely need all the help I can get. I only carry Mega Potions, so I'll get crafting both of those.

I've hit a bit of a wall, to be honest and it's a bit demoralising.

I've got to High Rank and it's like the game has reset itself.
    I've only just bagged my first solo Anjanas on low rank and now it's throwing Monsters+ at me.
    I died against a Great Jagra+ last night, twice, and it really feel like I've regressed back to the start.

Equipment wise, I've got a selection of elemental Long Swords for each enemies weakness, but I'm going to have to hit harder to get some high rank kills. To do that, I need to discover and then acquire some new materials.

I'm currently stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to keep visiting the locations to discover the "??? Rathian" footprints, but every time I go into a zone, I'll find some then something will attack me.

I tried doing a mission with Kryss to hunt a Leviosa (icy dragon), but it booted him and the results are in my previous video.

So, I'm going to try and find all these footprints to unlock some more missions and then research some better armour and weapons.
    It's just disheartened me after I felt like I was making progress and the knowledge that there's far tougher enemies ahead of me that are tougher than a bleedin' Great Jagra+!

I quite like the look of this double sword blast build:

These are more for my reference.
    Couple of armour suggestions:

Long Sword build guides:

Long Sword combo guides:
    if you have a low rank ogdegoran set use armour spheres to max it out and stick with that for the mo, the path i took into high rank was

Max low rank ogdegoran, to kill the Anjarath
    Anjarath + set for everything up to the pink rath
    high rank ogdegoran for Negigante
    Negigante set for the elder dragons and xeno

I'm now building a xeno set and as i said earlier im on tonight and happy to help anyone with quests, i've found high rank to be far more rewarding if you play the team game.

Comment

Some useful suggestions there.
      Thanks, chaps.

Comment

Finally got a about 40mins of session time in before booted and managed to clear a tempered Vaz to open up current last system "augments"... man that looks like alot of work and cash needed, especially on the weapons, armour looks straight forward.

Due to the annoying session drops and PSN/virgin media being wank in general i've built a sword and shield armour set to plug in what ever stat i need on decorations or sword type (posion/para mainly) and been quite successful solo tempted normal dragons.. but it's a right drain doing 15-30 min fights.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          It sounds like you'd be better off charming or gemming in poison resistance. That'd save you a lot of time keep nullifying it. Or you could always play with other people. You seem to be making it more difficult for yourself for no actual reason. Get three others in and it'll be over in about seven minutes.
          I have gone

Bazel Helm b
          Dober Mail b
          Laiser Vambraces a
          Nergigante Coil B
          Dober Greaves b
          Earplug charm 2

Turns out its better than I thought its

Attack boost lvl 7
          Earplugs lvl 5
          Weakness Exploit lvl 3
          Stun Resistance lvl 4

x3 Steadfast jewels
          x1 Tenderizer Jewel
          x1 Earplug Jewel
          x1 Attack Jewel

As soon as i can get a bazel gem i can upgrade the charm to lvl 3 and then use free up a Tier 3 gem slot for a extra stat.

What you using?

Comment

And Teostra and the last ???? Fella beaten first go, wasn’t too bad. Think I’m done with this game now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              And Teostra and the last ???? Fella beaten first go, wasn’t too bad. Think I’m done with this game now.

Its only just started!

Comment

Nah, can’t be arsed with fighting the same enemies again but harder, plus more grinding.

Comment

Managed to get 4/5 of the Odo set and have fully upgraded (at least as far as I can right now) those, just now waiting for a gem to drop while I clear out all of the optional quests I can find with him in. I just got the third botany (farm) slot from one such quest! Once I've got it, I'll have a crack at the elder dragons.

I am still thinking of this place and chuckling to myself when I come back to Astera and the Argosy captain shouts out "Come take a look, I've got some hot imports for you!".

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                    Nah, can’t be arsed with fighting the same enemies again but harder, plus more grinding.
                    Well, at 80+ hours, I'd say you've got your money's worth. What's that? About 50p an hour?!

Better session tonight.

Found the clues and forwarded the story, did the final low rank mission a few times to get the some of the armour and learned how to combo properly and do that swish air slice move (Spirit Helm Breaker).
                    I fainted a few times against a Rathian, but I think it was complacency and bad luck.
                    Managed to trap her solo, which I couldn't do yesterday.
                    I want the Ogodoran+ armour, but it's much tougher than me.
                    Any hints?

Comment

I'm sorry to have to say this, but sometimes you have to change weapon types for certain monsters. I can't imagine taking on a Diablos without something to shield with. I'll admit I do play the long game, not get in fast but to outlast.

Nice fights tonight Hoolak, upgraded my Flammenkonlamaramadingdong and my Shattercryst. I think it's time to farm Vaal Hazak for a little, then move to Teostra and Kushala Daora. And cap the occasional Betelgeuse on the side (mid-angie, lol).

Comment

I played a great sword and don’t think I blocked a single attack. Dodging/ putting away your sword at the right time and pegging it worked well enough haha

Comment

I've used a bow for the entirety. I've had the occasional stun-lock trap, but that's mainly when other people just stand around like idiots and don't do anything to help you out of it.

I'm farming Black Diablos. I need three horns. I've fought it around 12 times and not had a single horn drop. It's getting a little tiresome now, but I keep returning over and over in an act of extreme stubbornness.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            I've used a bow for the entirety. I've had the occasional stun-lock trap, but that's mainly when other people just stand around like idiots and don't do anything to help you out of it.

I'm farming Black Diablos. I need three horns. I've fought it around 12 times and not had a single horn drop. It's getting a little tiresome now, but I keep returning over and over in an act of extreme stubbornness.
                            If you want the horn to drop you need to break the two horns on his head or it has a 0% chance of being a reward on the loot screen, I found this out on the normal Diablos when i was farming him. Someone with a hammer or something that dose impact damage is great for getting this this done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              If you want the horn to drop you need to break the two horns on his head or it has a 0% chance of being a reward on the loot screen, I found this out on the normal Diablos when i was farming him. Someone with a hammer or something that dose impact damage is great for getting this this done.
                              If your doing an investigation you do have a small chance of getting one off a dead body or a reward. I found this out why farming Nerg horns.

Great tool i have just found if you need to get your gear set fix at work -

Put in what you want your gear set to do and it will build the set for you!

Comment

I was trying to mount the Rathian (fnarr) near the cats that trap her nearby, rather than focusing on attacking.
                                She charged me, knocking me from my ledge where I planned to jump from, then turned around and charged me again whilst trying to stand up.

I have different element swords depending on their weakness, but I've not flipped between weapons.

I like the ideas of the heavy-hitting weapons, but they're so slow.
                                Whatever it is you're trying to clobber has run away before you've finished your attack animation, turned around, tied its shoelaces and then breathed fire all over you.

Shame as I love the Charge Sword.

Reading your posts is pretty deflating how far you've all gone, whilst I'm still grubbing around!

Comment

Working...
                                X