Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    I spent last night jumping into Teostra SOS calls, only for everyone to die every time. I may just try and solo it again, I was doing pretty well until it sky-blasted me. Yet I already have enough mane to max out my Angie-cannon.
    One of my team just cannot do Teostra. I’ll jump in with you if you need some help.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If i can sort my drop problems out when i mess with the DNS server on the PS4, i'll join in. Been going on Beetlejuice horn, blast damage, XL attack which about 100-150att and large recovery which gives red HP back before you even stand up from a large knock down. I tried with the fire resist horn but it sucks, sleep damage, 3 attack songs which do the same thing and only give Large attack and large fire resist which only adds +10 to the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        I’m HR36 now and counting. I need to get to HR49 ASAP, then I can augment. I was HR22 on Friday so it goes up fast. Gems are what I need. Lots of gems. I love this game though.

I’ll help out anybody too. I don’t care if it’s LR or HR.
        HR36?! So that's triple what HR I am. Just stop it now.

Comment

I’m on HR9 and unlocked rotten vale and taken down the red rathian.
          Feel free to join my game or invite me to join yours... anyone... please!
          But seriously I’m enjoying the game soloing but it’d be fun to join a team if everyone else is out hunting together

Comment

Teostra and Kushala Daora are now behind me. Yay.

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            HR36?! So that's triple what HR I am. Just stop it now.
            If you do a **** ton of monster hunting before you get your HR cap lifted, you jump from 15 to whatever you would have been without the cap. I'm hoping to jump to at least HR25, but higher would be nice

Comment

Explain the cap please. Is it simply not some hidden exponential XP bar?

Comment

It's a regular XP bar, which you can't see and doesn't come into effect until you finish HR Assignments (Urgent Quests they used to be).
                Finish the "story mode" and you'll get the cap lifted and instantly progress to the Rank you've earnt.

Comment

I see. Thanks.

Comment

After 80 hours I’ve realised you can press start to skip the down animation of a kill, and get to carving its ass quicker.

Mind blown.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      After 80 hours I’ve realised you can press start to skip the down animation of a kill, and get to carving its ass quicker.

Mind blown.
                      You can press it when you're having a meal too. Who knew.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Really funny eve friday, nice to finally hear what some of you sound like. Was chaos at times what with two games going on at the same time. Two brumie's with monkey based gamer tags, and a sightly sozzled Joe made it even more hilarious, I haven't laughed so much in ages

Makes me love this place even more and hopefully we can get in some more games together soon.

Comment

It's so funny how much is passed word-of-mouth!

Comment

Just Teostra left to go for the elder dragons- and I assume a final quest after that.

The steel dragon was a bit of a nob, with his wind barriers- but did it in the end. No help to Tobal though, who joined, helped me duff him up, then left - leaving me with a double powered behemoth to fight off alone haha!

I got him down to his final near death stage, but sadly he finished me so had to do it again

Got some option quests appeared for a black Diablos and stuff, so might work through them first.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                              Just Teostra left to go for the elder dragons- and I assume a final quest after that.

The steel dragon was a bit of a nob, with his wind barriers- but did it in the end. No help to Tobal though, who joined, helped me duff him up, then left - leaving me with a double powered behemoth to fight off alone haha!

I got him down to his final near death stage, but sadly he finished me so had to do it again

Got some option quests appeared for a black Diablos and stuff, so might work through them first.
                              solo the black Diablos a real son a bitch as he just aggro's constantly on you, if hes not swiping, charging, or tunneling hes roaring and stunning you, I found him the hardest thing to fight in the game so far and that includes the elder dragons.

Comment

Managed to squeeze in some time between other plans this weekend, taking down Nerg, Beetlejuice, and unlocking Teostra. Still need a bloody Zorah gem, which is driving me bananas. I got 2/3 weekly bounties done too, so hopefully if I can finish up the third I can just meld one instead with the print reward...

BTW, on the pet names front, big fan of Toby Anstis (previously was using Toby Carvery)

Comment

Working...
                                X